Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thank god they've added more customizations. I thought WoW was doomed for sure. This will certainly bring back the players in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Underwhelming...

Kind of insulting too. Here guys, have some crumbs while we pick up the pieces of the frat house, er company.

Pull the ripcord, then we can begin to talk.
    Pretty sure this is just the art team finishing a side project....

Wow all of you have such shit takes on this :L some of the art team etc finished a smaller side thing yet all of you screaming about new raid teirs and sarcasm about saving the game.....what
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-08-24 at 10:07 AM.

Probably a forlon hope but i hope they`ll add bodysize.
    With Draenei your "choice" is either Dorian Yates in his prime or... A supermodel.
    Can`t see either really being a "representation" of oneself in Azeroth as Blizzard describes their character models.

I do really appreciate to see more customization options but they need to go all out and not rush a few measly options out of the window. If I want to play a bulky Amani jungle troll than I should be able to do so, same goes for a skinny Kul'Tiran and a fel orc. Hell I even want my tauren to change into a Taunka, thats the kind of customization I'd love to see more off. These tattoos are whatever, I never show off skin on my characters anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This forum keeps on surprising me on how incredibly dull people are. The number 1 complaint now is that a non content patch, 5 patch, which NEVER have had any content, has no content
    It should be renamed to mmo-crybabies. I think I should be rather more often on the official forums. Much nicer people and also actually people from blizzard.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is by far some of the laziest "content" I've ever seen from Blizzard. Holy shit.
    Puhleaaze. You would still complain if they just announced 3 new raids and 10 new dungeons. That is the only thing you do here and the only reason you come here is find threads that give you the option of writing another one-liner in the spirit of "Blizz-baaad/FF so guuud".

In other words, your "content" is a loooot more lazy then anything Blizzard has done. Ever. Why do you not stay in the FF forums if the only thing you can contribute here is hate and negativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Guys, you realise there is a designated team that works on this sort of thing. Just as there is a team for game design, world design, sound design, creative story department, system design. They are all not conjoined and multitasked into one group? You all know that right?
    They do know. But if they acknowledge this fact then they would acknowledge that this is actually genuine good news without downsides and how could they complain endlessly about that? Complaining is like breathing to many here so they cannot face facts that come in the way of that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    They really waste ressources on that ? And not real content?
    because you don't care about it, doesn't mean it's a waste of time. Some folks don't care the least about mythic raids, some folks don't care about pvp balance, does that make that a waste of resources too?
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

nightborne is the race in this game with the most clipping issues with gear. maybe they should've fix that before adding customization

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is by far some of the laziest "content" I've ever seen from Blizzard. Holy shit.
    Content?
    No, its just the art team adding more customization options.

Care to explain what's so awful about that?

Formerly known as Arafal

Eyes need to be a bit more narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    It should be renamed to mmo-crybabies. I think I should be rather more often on the official forums. Much nicer people and also actually people from blizzard.
    The official forums are 10x worse than here. Every single thread is whining and crying about one thing or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Puhleaaze. You would still complain if they just announced 3 new raids and 10 new dungeons.
    Shill hands typed this post.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This forum keeps on surprising me on how incredibly dull people are. The number 1 complaint now is that a non content patch, 5 patch, which NEVER have had any content, has no content
    I remember ousting sylvanas in a x.5 patch.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Cool, but Nightborne aren't as they were in the Legion.

A move to a right direction though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hmm, getting there with the Nightbornes, but their eyes are a bit too much open yet.

The ones to the left, thats what we need! Don't do it halfway, ALL IN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Eyes need to be a bit more narrow.

It's probably worth pointing out that the reason they have a custom alteration of the player Nelf model/rigging instead of just being the Suramar version is specifically because the Suramar version was made to be an NPC model and never given the same level of rigging/animation required of post-WoD player models. This is also why they can't just make the eyes exactly as thin as the NPC version, because unlike the NPC version, the player Nightborne model has to be able to emote and flex (this is also the reason why a lot of the more specific pre-WoD faces on existing races that had specific "emotions" [looking angry, sad, etc] became more neutral in the WoD remake, because the newer player facial models are built to be able to individually show emotion based on emotes and actions, and you end up with weird stuff if you have a face that is default angry trying to make a happy expression or what not.)

It is unlikely you will ever see eyes (or cheek bones) quite exactly like the NPC race. This was even more the case with the original/"current" nightborne models, because the whole intent of the Allied Races system was that they could build new races/more distinct versions of existing races out partially processed existing assets, allowing them to release a whole bunch of new options for those subraces in a relatively short time without as much individual detail and customization as the actual races. So it became an issue of manpower investment/return: Players really liked nightborne so they wanted to make them playable, but they could justify having the art team spend the time it would take to completely remodel, re-rig and re-animate the complete set of player animations for that one allied race and instead just used the existing Night Elf assets.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Pretty sure this is just the art team finishing a side project....

This was something they had no intention of releasing as they said it themselves. They are only doing it to appease the players and it's BS.

I could care less about new raids or being sarcastic about saving the game. If you think the game is fine, then come back in a year when it's changed direction and YOU are frustrated about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    This was something they had no intention of releasing as they said it themselves. They are only doing it to appease the players and it's BS.

I could care less about new raids or being sarcastic about saving the game. If you think the game is fine, then come back in a year when it's changed direction and YOU are frustrated about it.
    So, what, you'd rather they not do it at all?

I fail to see how more customization is a bad thing. Yeah they're obviously pulling out some things to try and please people, so what? Would you rather they not do anything?

Wait... these are just 4 new options for each race and thats all?...
    As i understand it correctly this blue post these are only examples and there will be more?
    Anyway... graphics and new models will not bring people back to this game.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-08-24 at 12:02 PM.

More options are always welcome but this doesn't really do anything to address the wider issue of character creation/customization sucking dick in WoW.

It's crazy how Blizz will burn through resources creating nightmare-to-balance systems like covenants, artifact weapons, etc, which always get tossed at the end of an expac. Yet Blizz won't put the work in to the parts of the game that will always be there, that every player will have to interact with, like creating a character. The fact they felt that a couple of ear/tattoo recolors is newsworthy speaks volumes about how much of a shit state it is in.
    Last edited by peepeepoopants; 2021-08-24 at 12:02 PM.

wait does Alliance get development?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Wait... these are just 4 new options for each race and thats all?...
    As i understand it correctly this blue post these are only examples and there will be more?
    Anyway... graphics and new models will not bring people back to this game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We wanted to share a handful of the customization options...
    They're sharing a few of them, this isn't all of them.

You can also go look back at when they showed off for the earlier customization options, they didn't show everything.

And it may bring back some. Everyone has different reasons. Plenty of people seem happy here, so what's the issue?

I am lukewarm about this. This just feels like damage control/break glass in case of emergency, and after being spoiled by other games, the WoW customization system would need more than just this to impress me. I guess one who is still invested could be happy about this from the perspective that they listened to the backlash from their proclamation that there would be no more customization in all of the Shadowlands expansion and turned it around and did give something, which I would argue is commendable by modern Blizzard standards. (stubborn as a mule)

They'll have to do more to get back in people's good graces, though. Starting with not introducing more shitty, half-baked systems that in the next patch they'll let you farm to make slightly less shitty and then in the last patch of the expansion fix entirely, only to add a new shit system in that very patch or in the expansion that follows.

On the other hand, the people moaning about no new raid are silly as well. 0.0.5 patches have never had major content additions. Usually stuff like the return of the Brawler's Guild, heritage armor, etc.