View Poll Results: Do you WQ?

Voters
149. This poll is closed
  • I still do WQs. Same as previous expansions 10 months in.

22 14.77%
  • I do WQs, but much less than previous expansions.

13 8.72%
  • I do WQs, but only the really fast and/or weekly ones.

40 26.85%
  • I don't do WQs in Shadowlands any more.

63 42.28%
  • This is a nonsense answer because I had old leftover Chinese food for lunch and my tummy hurts.

11 7.38%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since I'm still clearing the korthia map every day, I haven't bothered doing anything but what's needed for death's advance faction.

Today will be the last day of clearing that map. Gonna get the codex to rank 6 today. From then on out, it'll be just the bare minimum.

Finally no more 90-120 minutes wasted a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't since mid 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Since I'm still clearing the korthia map every day, I haven't bothered doing anything but what's needed for death's advance faction.

Today will be the last day of clearing that map. Gonna get the codex to rank 6 today. From then on out, it'll be just the bare minimum.

Finally no more 90-120 minutes wasted a day.
    Uuh.. wat?

I've been rank 6 since early this month and I only spent 30 minutes in Korthia a day. How are you wasting 3-4 times the amount, and this far behind on rep?

i only do the ones with big gold (800 or so), and the maldraxxus calling for the eggs, which still haven't dropped.

if we're including korthia too, i only do the quests that offer the covenant xmog set, or rep for codex, nearly there only 1500 off rank 6
    i don't think anyone in my guild is rank 6.
    Last edited by Othraerir; 2021-08-24 at 06:17 AM.

Nope, I only fill the Korthia weekly bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Uuh.. wat?

I've been rank 6 since early this month and I only spent 30 minutes in Korthia a day. How are you wasting 3-4 times the amount, and this far behind on rep?
    You must have had sheer dumb luck. I did the same, probably more, and I'll only be reaching tier 6 today after the reset.
    (Edit: Are there maybe table missions that award epic research tokens? Because I'd have probably missed out on those.)
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-24 at 06:34 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a collector, so yes. Still need 1 of the three necroray eggs, for example.
    Also, the 10k pet charms-costing pet, so pet dailies that reward charms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You must have had sheer dumb luck. I did the same, probably more, and I'll only be reaching tier 6 today after the reset.
    (Edit: Are there maybe table missions that award epic research tokens? Because I'd have probably missed out on those.)
    I've been rank 6 for weeks already too. I didn't go out of my way to farm every single last daily thing either (Waiting an hour for the 2nd teleporter? Binch please)
    Did you include the 4 Rift chests in your daily Korthia-ing? Those do help.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I've been rank 6 for weeks already too. I didn't go out of my way to farm every single last daily thing either (Waiting an hour for the 2nd teleporter? Binch please)
    Did you include the 4 Rift chests in your daily Korthia-ing? Those do help.
    Sometimes when I see them during the jailer chest thingy.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any world quest or emissary in over 8 months. No point.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Havent entered shadowlands for 2 months. Just hanging everwhere but shadowlands, not even for vault.
    You're very patient, SL started sucking after ~1 week and I stopped playing around xmas. Shortest expac so far!

I only do Ardenweald (still need the paragon mount) and Maldraxxus emissary for the necroray eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Haven't since mid 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Uuh.. wat?

Had to reroll 3 weeks into the patch and had like 10 days of not feeling like doing any grinding after the reroll. Went from a 5/6 character down to a 3/6 one.
    Could have gotten the rep like 2 weeks ago if I hadn't been lazy.
    Also working changing shifts and having a partner at home can slow things down.
    Last edited by ceall; 2021-08-24 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes when I see them during the jailer chest thingy.
    Nah, there's 4 daily chests in Korthia's rift that are worth doing. Actual chests, not those odd urn-like things. HandyNotes gives you a good idea of where they spawn.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Nah, there's 4 daily chests in Korthia's rift that are worth doing. Actual chests, not those odd urn-like things. HandyNotes gives you a good idea of where they spawn.
    I ment those. I pick them up when I find them on the way up north to the jailer chest thing in rift mode. I think it's called the Jailer's Vault or something? But even then, that is already more than just doing your usual 30 minutes in Korthia.

Just finished this morning btw, thankfully they fixed the conduit upgrade items. I was already fairly unlucky within my spec, if I had to gamble across all 3 this would have been an even more frustrating exercise.

When I was subbed, I'd do them every 3 days for 3 Callings for a good chunk of money for little work at all on a few characters. If I was still subbed, I probably would be doing it just for the gold.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    You didn’t like doing gimmick number N while dealing with annoyance Y when it happened to be up on X day so you could try your luck at Z?

All to farm for a polished wheel and 3 removed spell effects that should have been given the warlock green fire treatment when BFA ended? Not to mention the plethora of fun that fishing and pet battles prov… zzzzz.
    Yup. Mechagon could well be called Gimmickgon, besides the theme and presence of the abomination that Mechagnomes are, which makes it extra horrible.

But I know people who liked the place and spent time there and even one who paid to race change to Mecha, so... different people, different tastes.

Agreed with you on the spell effects too. Too much gimmicks for a temporarily relevant animation, sadly a trend in recent expansions.

I do more than in previous expansions. Because i get a chest for every emmisary with lots of gold. Previous expansions i would stop after exalted or only do emmisaries i liked the reward of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just the World Boss ones for a quick 500. I don't need the anima anymore.

As someone who never liked grinding materials for gold or playing the AH, I've always liked the straightforwardness of dailies and WQs (emissaries/callings/paragons) as a means to earn gold. I've probably made a solid 3-4 million gold since SL came out and I consider WQs fairly chill content I can do when I'm doing other things too. It might not be the most engaging content but I like having a more 'chilled out' thing to complement the more serious/challenging aspects of the game whether it's mythic raiding or higher m+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Had to reroll 3 weeks into the patch and had like 10 days of not feeling like doing any grinding after the reroll. Went from a 5/6 character down to a 3/6 one.
    Could have gotten the rep like 2 weeks ago if I hadn't been lazy.
    Also working changing shifts and having a partner at home can slow things down.
    Ah okay, that makes sense
    Not really, I was averaging 800 research a day. Do dailies, whatever rares pop up while doing dailies, then the 4 main chests in the rift and potentially yorik, should be 800 a day on average

I do literally nothing except log in once a week for raid night. I still have not been to Korthia.