7+ Year Old Account
    Fake or not, i really dig that logo.

Looks nice.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I mean, if that's what you call maintenance mode... sign me up! Sounds infinitely better than the current formula.
    Depends on who you ask I suppose. It would be far less content overall, with far less chance of major changes between. So no more holding out for the next big expansion to change everything. Not to mention it wouldnt necessarily mean more loose progression, but rather only a single raid to progress through for the entire cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Fake or not, i really dig that logo.

Looks nice.
    I am pretty sure that exact same logo was used during a previous "leak" 2 years ago. It was some kind of Dragon Themed expansion, awakenings referring to Azeroth waking up and stuff like that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Many of my current issues with WoW stem from how ephemeral and fleeting all progress is.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Awakenings was debunked years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am pretty sure that exact same logo was used during a previous "leak" 2 years ago. It was some kind of Dragon Themed expansion, awakenings referring to Azeroth waking up and stuff like that.
    Nah, that logo looked different.
    It had blue/gold coloring and had dragon scales on the logo frame.

The 2 just share the name.

edit: Found it:

Formerly known as Arafal

Let's say that 10.0 is the last box expansion, and all other updates are patches that they somehow get you to pay for (or maybe they increase the sub price?)

Where does that mean just one raid or zone a year? Their content schedule could be whatever they wanted.

Also, fake or not, Rebirth or Awakenings is almost guaranteed to be the name or what is similar to it because of the foreshadowed "restart" elements (all the WC3/Vanilla plot threads getting snapped shut in Legion, BFA and SL is another hint)

...I actually just realized that each of these three planned expansions closes the book on a big villain from old WoW. Sargeras, the Old Gods (NOT void lords) and Arthas/Ner'zhul/death.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-24 at 03:05 PM.

In a bold attempt to meet the MMO competition, the Foresaken are transformed into catgirls by Horde nekomancers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Let's say that 10.0 is the last box expansion, and all other updates are patches that they somehow get you to pay for (or maybe they increase the sub price?)

Where does that mean just one raid or zone a year? Their content schedule could be whatever they wanted.

Also, fake or not, Rebirth or Awakenings is almost guaranteed to be the name or what is similar to it because of the foreshadowed "restart" elements (all the WC3/Vanilla plot threads getting snapped shut in Legion, BFA and SL is another hint)

...I actually just realized that each of these three planned expansions closes the book on a big villain from old WoW. Sargeras, the Old Gods (NOT void lords) and Arthas/Ner'zhul/death.
    Well it would likely be maintenance mode in that case. Which would then have less content than currently.

Though then again, could of course al be a case where we get the same patch cycle cadence, just without the big expansion launch. Every 6 months we get a new raid and zone, we just don't get 5-6 zones, 8 new dungeons and a raid every 24 months.

Does it count as closing the book if the same expansion reopens it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Does it count as closing the book if the same expansion reopens it as well?
    Well I'm assuming that Zovaal (the one behind all Arthas stuff + had a hand in Burning Legion) is dead after this expansion and Arthas/Sylvanas fuck off forever.

So, ultimately, I'm guessing so.

While not impossible, all expansion logos have had the subtitle on a background, not just text floating in the void.

Slapping text on nothing like that is exceedingly lazy and easy.

Also I'd discount anything with "Activision Insight", while Blizzard has been sullied (rightfully) by recent events, it is still a well established name. No way they'd throw that aside for something so bland.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-08-24 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    While not impossible, all expansion logos have had the subtitle on a background, not just text floating in the void.

Slapping text on nothing like that is exceedingly lazy and easy.

Also I'd discount anything with "Activision Insight", while Blizzard has been sullied (rightfully) by recent events, it is still a well established name. No way they'd throw that aside for something so bland.
    TBC Classic logo says hi

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

it looks legal, I'm waiting for a post on wowhead.

https://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfbeater View Post
    Hm, fair point, though I'd argue its a different circumstance there but, good point. Wasn't aware of that.

Still, I'd wager it being fake. That "Dusts of Rebirth" looks more real to me (and is still fake).

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    it looks legal, I'm waiting for a post on wowhead.

https://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpeg
    Can someone confirm? This looks too legit to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Hm, fair point, though I'd argue its a different circumstance there but, good point. Wasn't aware of that.

Still, I'd wager it being fake. That "Dusts of Rebirth" looks more real to me (and is still fake).
    Oh, those 3 logo photos are for sure fake :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone confirm? This looks too legit to quit.
    Nice try, but i doubt there is a single person that browses this thread that doesn't have that URL burned into their brains.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nice try, but i doubt there is a single person that browses this thread that doesn't have that URL burned into their brains.
    I guess I am the sucker then. It takes me weeks of being shown it constantly for it to stick, and then only for that one leak season.

So are we getting 9.2 news at gamescom?

The Dusts of Rebirth image is from the troll azeroth titan fan art.