Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Narrowed eyes for nightborne or else we riot tbh.

please check out the nightborne vid in my sig, one guy did just that.
    Oh. I like that.

Especially like the

1. Narrow eyes toggle
    2. the beards
    3. Arcane armor like we could get as NPCs which should have been there
    4. The glory hands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well I think the background story is there, but I don't think Blizzard will create a glamorous new story for Nightborne Druids.
    Mainly because Valewalker Farodin would be absent due to him no longer having a VA.

I reckon it would be a combination of Valewalker stuff and Highmountain Tauren stuff. (The "Balance" and "Restoration" would be more of a Valewalker thing, whilst those Nightborne learning about the "Cat" form and "Bear" form would be taught by the Highmountain.)
    Oh no. I’ve been waiting for them to take balance Druidism seriously and flesh it out lore wise.

The Nightborne situation presents the perfect opportunity to flesh out that night elf duality. They should continue what they started and not just blank it because racially night elves are on the alliance, that’s the Darnassians, not the Cenarion Circle nor Dreamwardens.

I hope they bite. It would be weird that Highmountain are teaching Nightborne Druidism when the druids from Val’sharah and Farodin are so integrally involved with the whole thing.

But I hope faction divide doesn’t completely change the Nightborne story from what it was in 7.0 and 7.1. .. it’s one of the reasons people are so fed up of the factions as they ruin interesting and organic developments because sometimes a group is on the other faction.

There are a lot of blood elf /Draenei friendship fans, but it’s so muted, it’s a shame
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-08-20 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Oh no. I’ve been waiting for them to take balance Druidism seriously and flesh it out lore wise.

The Nightborne situation presents the perfect opportunity to flesh out that night elf duality. They should continue what they started and not just blank it because racially night elves are on the alliance, that’s the Darnassians, not the Cenarion Circle nor Dreamwardens.

I hope they bite. It would be weird that Highmountain are teaching Nightborne Druidism when the druids from Val’sharah and Farodin are so integrally involved with the whole thing.

But I hope faction divide doesn’t completely change the Nightborne story from what it was in 7.0 and 7.1. .. it’s one of the reasons people are so fed up of the factions as they ruin interesting and organic developments because sometimes a group is on the other faction.

There are a lot of blood elf /Draenei friendship fans, but it’s so muted, it’s a shame
    Maybe, but like other races for Druidism, they don't all just stick to one.

Trolls for example - we've seen them learn under Tauren Druids, Night Elf Druids, Worgen Druids.
    I reckon Nightborne would be the same. You'd have some Night Elf Druids from the Circle, as well as Highmountain due to them being next door neighbours and in the same allegiance - maybe even some Zandalari and Nightborne Druids work together, as the recent novel shone a very positive light on relations between the Zandalari and Nightborne leader.

I am still baffled that paladin still isn't a playable class for Night Elves even if there are already several NE paladins in the story, and that it can be perfectly justified by their contact and relations with their human and draenei allies.

We could even see draenei vindicators serving as trainers and quest givers in a Kaldorei paladin zone, with them being presented as the ones who trained the first Kaldorei's own version of the paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    I am still baffled that paladin still isn't a playable class for Night Elves even if there are already several NE paladins in the story, and that it can be perfectly justified by their contact and relations with their human and draenei allies.

We could even see draenei vindicators serving as trainers and quest givers in a Kaldorei paladin zone, with them being presented as the ones who trained the first Kaldorei's own version of the paladins.
    I personally don't like it, Paladins don't add anything to the race fantasy and Nelfs already got their own Version of Paladin... Priestesses of Elune are already armored "holy" warriors and Wardens are in a similar category as well.

Wow, narrow eyes do make a huge difference!

Geez, I never expected this to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

nice
    Really dig how different these skin tones are tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

nice
    Not enough tho.

But liking the narrow eyes.

They look much better with them.

They did the same for night elf males

It's really frustrating how much shit the Night Elves took since the beggining of WoW, and especially during these last two expansions. And the worst may be that they'll never get true resolution and justice for what they have suffered, and that soon it may look like in the story like the burning of Teldrassil and other Horde atrocities never happened at all.

In the next expansions either Teldrassil will be rebuilt or there will be a new capital at Mount Hyjal with pacifism having been forced on the NE just like it was on Tyrande and Shandris recently.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post

I am honestly pro night elf paladin, it makes perfect sense.

Only if their light is modified into more white light and not golden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Not enough tho.

I am not convinced yet tho.. the eyelids look odd, hopefully I am wrong and they ARE infact the real npc eyes. Hopefully a toggle and not stuck to same face.

Missing:

Famous female and male hairstyles (longer ones with sidebangs over shoulders)
    Male model
    Faces in general
    Arcane hair and hands features.

Crossing fingers here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Wow, narrow eyes do make a huge difference!

Geez, I never expected this to be the case.
    Realy? It makes the face nightborne, without it they look like night elves.

I am honestly pro night elf paladin, it makes perfect sense.

Only if their light is modified into more white light and not golden.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not convinced yet tho.. the eyelids look odd, hopefully I am wrong and they ARE infact the real npc eyes. Hopefully a toggle and not stuck to same face.

Missing:

Famous female and male hairstyles (longer ones with sidebangs over shoulders)
    Male model
    Faces in general
    Arcane hair and hands features.

Crossing fingers here.

- - - Updated - - -

Realy? It makes the face nightborne, without it they look like night elves.
    paladins night elves
    botanist blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Not enough tho.

not even close to not enough

There was a time when nearly everything blizzard did would blow your expectations out the water, , now it's such an utter let down.

Look the changes are very small, and lacklustre.. Nightborne did not need more jewellry, but thanks, needed more arcane effects, star like effects, glowing hands - you know.. like the NIGHTBORNE we experience in the story, conjured armor type stuff.

i waas also expecting night elf ear options and even night elf body size options after all the above.

We haven't sen the males yet, but .. those ugly faces need some nice ones, some younger less scowly types too, not every nightborne is insufferably arrogant as the story clearly shows. Where is the reflection of that?

They need more hairstyles, more skin tones - that is okay, but it's not even close to enough - borrow off the night elves... tha'ts what they did for void elves..

The eyes at least show they took some feedback, and oh how quick they were to point it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I personally don't like it, Paladins don't add anything to the race fantasy and Nelfs already got their own Version of Paladin... Priestesses of Elune are already armored "holy" warriors and Wardens are in a similar category as well.
    I agree. Every time I think about a light advocating night elf paladin wielding sword or hammer like Uther - I'm like .. totally different fantasy - doesn't match the race at all.

but then exceptions do happen, but I'd rather if they ever put the paladin up as a class, it wo uld officially be some sort of night warrior or sentinel skin and then you can opt for a light paladin skin as an optional from a trainer - so you can be "the exception" that tried things from other raecs.

male nightborne! looks good

This is much better for Nightborne, the beards on the males, the narrow eyes, better...

I would still like ear customisations, , and glowing hands and feet, body conjured armor tattoos too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really likeing hte new hairstyles on the males, .. I hope there are more to come.

not even close to not enough

There was a time when nearly everything blizzard did would blow your expectations out the water, , now it's such an utter let down.

Look the changes are very small, and lacklustre.. Nightborne did not need more jewellry, but thanks, needed more arcane effects, star like effects, glowing hands - you know.. like the NIGHTBORNE we experience in the story, conjured armor type stuff.

i waas also expecting night elf ear options and even night elf body size options after all the above.

We haven't sen the males yet, but .. those ugly faces need some nice ones, some younger less scowly types too, not every nightborne is insufferably arrogant as the story clearly shows. Where is the reflection of that?

They need more hairstyles, more skin tones - that is okay, but it's not even close to enough - borrow off the night elves... tha'ts what they did for void elves..

The eyes at least show they took some feedback, and oh how quick they were to point it out.
    There is probably more.. The male ones are looking good though..

But currently the void elves have far mny more options.

Liking the very night elfy purple they put upt there.. looks like the night warrior shade

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. I like that.

Especially like the

1. Narrow eyes toggle
    2. the beards
    3. Arcane armor like we could get as NPCs which should have been there
    4. The glory hands
    It's just hilarious that one guy adds in the couple of requests players have been asking for with ease I must say.

The nightborne we are going to get in 9.1.5 doesn't seem to be what players have actually asked for besides the eyes, which still doesnt seem narrow enough to most people on the us forums. This bothers me more then it should, but it's simply because like I said we have 1 guy fixing all those things even with a damn toggle ON an actual model and implemented it.

So I am damn curious to these changes when they hit the ptr.. but my feelings says me/we will get dissapointed.
    Crossing my fingers for mana hair and hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

This is much better for Nightborne, the beards on the males, the narrow eyes, better...

I would still like ear customisations, , and glowing hands and feet, body conjured armor tattoos too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really likeing hte new hairstyles on the males, .. I hope there are more to come.
    The eyes seem to be the only thing they actually fixed.. their ears and proportions(specially the hands) don't even match the npcs, who have alot smaller hands. Also where are the male and female icon long hair with side bangs and mana flowing through it? why not show us that instead of these humanoid hairstyles then no one realy cares for I imagine.

Just my opinion here, but I don't have any faith left afther all those years, please suprise us blizz my god.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-02 at 06:10 PM.

So those are just edits then? I was briefly excited for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    They are real and live on the PTR

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huge improvement so far, but still not there yet. I added suggestions/feedback on eu forum couple of minutes ago. They are so close in making them nearly perfect. As an example on how big of a deal the eyes were/are, you can clearly see it realy makes the whole look. I think they need to be a tad more narrow tho or as I added in suggestions a third eye option that narrows it even more. Eye color should have been included, sadly it was not so far on the ptr.

These things would be great to see.
    *Mana hands
    *Mana hair
    *Npc hairstyles, still missing valtrois, Silgryn and --^ hairstyles.
    *Male model could use a second look at proportions for real.., hands, stretched out chest and arms.
    *Shoulderpieces on males are still to big for their overall model.

I think the female model wins in terms of looking more like their npc counterparts. Male model still look to bulky. Their npc counterpart looks slimmer, have more narrow features in their face and have smaller hands and shorter arms.

Male Version: The eyes realy need some work imo. Now looking it so many times already and see it moving on the ptr, I can't help but see their left eye is a bit more narrow then the other one. It sucks, cus now I can't unsee.

Edit: Updated some cool new options, male face,(gold) color ear and chin piece as example.

Edit2: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...on/200920/1116
    Added in my feedback on the forums, it's eu for me. If you feel I am missing something for Nightborne fans out there, let me know.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-03 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They are real and live on the PTR

They look so night elven - love it.

Still too ugly though, but at last, some decent selection of hair colours, hairstyles etc, I may actually be able to make my 4 nightborne male toons look really different .

and I no longer have to share 2 hairstyles amongst my females, some new ones i like now

- - - Updated - - -

Huge improvement so far, but still not there yet. I added suggestions/feedback on eu forum couple of minutes ago. They are so close in making them nearly perfect. As an example on how big of a deal the eyes were/are, you can clearly see it realy makes the whole look. I think they need to be a tad more narrow tho or as I added in suggestions a third eye option that narrows it even more. Eye color should have been included, sadly it was not so far on the ptr.

These things would be great to see.
    *Mana hands
    *Mana hair
    *Npc hairstyles, still missing valtrois, Silgryn and --^ hairstyles.
    *Male model could use a second look at proportions for real.., hands, stretched out chest and arms.
    *Shoulderpieces on males are still to big for their overall model.

I think the female model wins in terms of looking more like their npc counterparts. Male model still look to bulky. Their npc counterpart looks slimmer, have more narrow features in their face and have smaller hands and shorter arms.

Male Version: The eyes realy need some work imo. Now looking it so many times already and see it moving on the ptr, I can't help but see their left eye is a bit more narrow then the other one. It sucks, cus now I can't unsee.

Edit: Updated some cool new options, male face,(gold) color ear and chin piece as example.
    I agree with all you say.

The thing is the old nightborne npc models are based on the old night elf models, they don't have a version for the new ones without having to build from scratch like they did for Kul'tirans.

So they did exactly the same, use the night elf male model update from 6.0 and thin it down, which is what the Nightborne always was anyway. All the erros and nasties from the nelf model carried over.

Very annoying, at least he doesn't stand so derpy with the adjusted idle stand.

But still yes, arcane hair and mana glowing hands would be a nice touch to add.

He is looking a lot more like I expect a highborne night elf to look like... given that they were always meant ot be that pre-sundering style of night elf anyway.. It's a shame the player model went worse than the NPC model and not better.. but that's EXACTLY what happened iwth the night lef, that we were so upset about a few years ago..if you remember our topics in WoD beta. The only race whose old moels the majority felt were better than the new.. especially the males.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    No, those are the acutal thing, you get these in the PTR.