Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    op is totally wrong

There is still some market manipulation ingoing. On my realm, there are always 10 pages of primal fire, while most other primals have 3-4 pages max. Still, primal fire are twice as costly as the other primal. As soon as you post anything under the market value, someone buy them and post them back at a higher price. They couldn't control the market as much if they didn't had all the gold they stockpiled in classic. Nothing disastrous but still inflated
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    There is still some market manipulation ingoing. On my realm, there are always 10 pages of primal fire, while most other primals have 3-4 pages max. Still, primal fire are twice as costly as the other primal. As soon as you post anything under the market value, someone buy them and post them back at a higher price. They couldn't control the market as much if they didn't had all the gold they stockpiled in classic. Nothing disastrous but still inflated
    So what you're saying is that farming primal fire is a perfect gold farm since they sell for more than other primals and you're guaranteed a sell..?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So what you're saying is that farming primal fire is a perfect gold farm since they sell for more than other primals and you're guaranteed a sell..?
    Add in that it's botted to fuck.....

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I went through the Dark portal with epic ground riding skill and 35g and by the time I'd finished all the quests* and made maybe 400g from selling things (mostly motes/primals and leather) I found along the way had enough to buy epic flying so not sure it's quite the goldsink people make out. TBC throws gold at you.
    And you leveled through dungonspam?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
    Even without dungeon spam, and only doing the dungeons when you have quests in them, you will hit lvl70 around half-way through Nagrand. That leaves all of Netherstorm and Shadowmoon valley quests and probably some more along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Last time I tried to farm those, they were already heavily farmed, same a fel iron deposit. So the major source are also controlled, making it hard to not give up and get them for the high price at the AH. If farming was really an option, their grab on the market would have already been broken. They control both the current stock and the new stock.

Also, an other exemple of "So what you're saying" that is wrong, just saying.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People complaining about gold are hilarious, if a friend of mine that teaches in a university with 2 kids, and a wife can have epic flying mount and full tailor set after a month and go to every raid with full consumables, so can you. You're just lazy
    Doesn't actually say much depending on the resource allocation system at the university and amount of teaching aides it can be less work than a part time job to teach at university or it can be a 60+ hour job.

And you are sure that he didn't buy gold or botted it?

Doesn't actually say much depending on the resource allocation system at the university and amount of teaching aides it can be less work than a part time job to teach at university or it can be a 60+ hour job.

And you are sure that he didn't buy gold or botted it?
    As sure as I can be considering he hates to ask for gold and I kept insisting on giving him.
    Everyday he would talk about his next goal and how much left there was.

It takes time, as it should. Once you're done there's pretty much nothing to do but raid log. Which is what he's doing atm

Quote Originally Posted by onurycl View Post
    op is totally wrong
    How I'm wrong. People bitched about not having gold wipe because everyone has too much money and primal prices would go to moon. In addition people predicted gold gain per player will increase even more during TBC.

Here we are with cheap primals and people now demand dual spec?
    Doesn't that condradict with hyper inflation, how is 50g big deal with this TBC hyper inflation that was caused by not having a gold wipe?
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-08-25 at 02:14 PM.

The first few levels yes, did some quests in Allerian Stronghold, a few in Sylvanaar and the other Alliance settlement (that isn't Toshleys) for the 1000 CE rep questline there; and a few in Wildhammer stronghold, and every dungeon at least once. When I hit 68 I ran Steamvaults a handful of times to get started on the Beast Lord set farming.

A very similar path to what my alt paladin is now taking, and I'm looking forward to having the lions share of quests to complete when he hits 70 too. That the paladin epic ground mount quest could be completed for about 450 gold (server dependent I guess) saved me some on his epic ground mount, and I'm 68 and 700g close towards normal flying when he hits 70. He did find the design for Runed Living Ruby which I sold to a guildy for 300g. But a random windfall like that isn't unheard of in 10 levels. I'm also spending a lot more gold on him on random gear as he levels because he isn't decked out from Classic.

I maintain my point, TBC throws gold at you. Even if you've finished every quest, just go kill some things and vendor what they drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.