Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That still the full World of Warcraft Logo. The photo in question has only a W. Blizzard has NEVER used just the W for any expansion or patch logo.
    I was replying to Kiivar86 with the three 4 chan logos (Awakenings Traveller and Dusts of rebirth)

Also
    Patch 8.1 logo https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...eance_logo.png
    Patch 8.2 logo https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...shara_logo.png
    Patch 8.3 logo https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...7Zoth_logo.png
    Patch 9.1 logo https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...ation_logo.png

All of these are the W logo. Not sure why you insist they have never used that.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I mean, it's not a bad title given the themes the narrative seems to be driving toward. Completely plausible. I just find it odd that the image exists at all yet.
    Yeah, the timing for me is the only odd thing here. The logo looks totally fine and in line with the other logos, being a bit less detailed doesn’t really matter in this context. The name of the patch sounds good imho and is totally Blizzard-like. All of this comes quite early though, but maybe they’re really going to announce 9.1.5 and 9.2 together. It has become pretty much mandatory at this point.

And: were there ever fake leaks with fan made logos for content patches? For expansions yes, but for something that might just be a mid expansion content patch?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, the timing for me is the only odd thing here. The logo looks totally fine and in line with the other logos, being a bit less detailed doesn’t really matter in this context. The name of the patch sounds good imho and is totally Blizzard-like. All of this comes quite early though, but maybe they’re really going to announce 9.1.5 and 9.2 together. It has become pretty much mandatory at this point.

And: were there ever fake leaks with fan made logos for content patches? For expansions yes, but for something that might just be a mid expansion content patch?
    The logo being made early is probably the least unbelievable thing honestly. If they know what the patc hwill be about then they likely also have a name, and therefore could have some artist just make a quick mockup so it's ready for the announcement.

Patch logos tend to not be a thing that I can remember, no. But if someone can make a fake Expansion logo then I fail to see why they couldnt also make a fake patch logo. A somewhat skilled artist in photoshop could probably make it in a couple of hours.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The logo being made early is probably the least unbelievable thing honestly. If they know what the patc hwill be about then they likely also have a name, and therefore could have some artist just make a quick mockup so it's ready for the announcement.

Patch logos tend to not be a thing that I can remember, no. But if someone can make a fake Expansion logo then I fail to see why they couldnt also make a fake patch logo. A somewhat skilled artist in photoshop could probably make it in a couple of hours.
    Oh I am sure they could, for me it’s the reasoning why someone would fake a (relatively well made) patch logo. As this never happened before, I fail to see why it would be a thing now. Not doubting the skills of the people that create leaks in the first place.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since 9.1.5 PTR could come any day, I'll post my wishlist to improve WoW that would require typical resources as any small patch:

1. Extend Chromie time to 1-60.
    2. Skip to Oribos.
    3. 50-60 Heirlooms - these ones with bonus XP.
    4. Get rid of "betrayer" quest for Covenant - yes, that would in practice mean ripcord.
    5. Option to buy Renown 40 for your alts.
    6. 100% drop rates for legendary recipes from heroic dungeons.
    7. Soul Ash droping from same sources as Legion legos.
    8. Account wide Keymaster and related achievs.
    9. Separate conduit energy for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh I am sure they could, for me it’s the reasoning why someone would fake a (relatively well made) patch logo. As this never happened before, I fail to see why it would be a thing now. Not doubting the skills of the people that create leaks in the first place.
    Nope. No one in the past faked WoW logo.

Dude, someone figured out we have unified patch logo since 8.1 and faked it. Don't so gullible. Of course there is always 0.0001% chance leak is real, but that shouldn't make us believe everything.

I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.

For example, we already got 4 new, currently unused, human buildings in 9.0/9.1 (#1 #2 #3 #4) as well as the recently discovered "starter gear". There's definitely a relation that can be drawn between those two (and an assumption) but I'm not going to be the one to write that out, I'll leave that up to the speculators/clickbaiters/fake leakers amongst us.

Keep in mind that we've seen things added in the past that went ended up going unused (I'm still waiting on the Hearthstone Tavern/Dreamgrove Buddy Cop Scenario as well as finding out what the Galakrond's Fall map of modified Dragonblight was for.

Either way, keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-08-25 at 03:00 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    another Awakenings leak popped here with more info and a much higher quality logo: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/568490612
    It got debunked in just in just 3 replies but still the image looks pretty cool for a fake logo. And the author seems to be spamming this on multiple threads adding less to it's credibility

So we're assuming a PTR build today or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.

For example, we already got 4 new, currently unused, human buildings in 9.0/9.1 (#1 #2 #3 #4) as well as the recently discovered "starter gear". There's definitely a relation that can be drawn between those two (and an assumption) but I'm not going to be the one to write that out, I'll leave that up to the speculators/clickbaiters/fake leakers amongst us.

Keep in mind that we've seen things added in the past that went ended up going unused (I'm still waiting on the Hearthstone Tavern/Dreamgrove Buddy Cop Scenario as well as finding out what the Galakrond's Fall map of modified Dragonblight was for.

Either way, keep an eye out.
    Yeah but when are you going to finally post evidence suggesting a cave expansion?

"Awakenings"-style leaks, I'll always be inherently skeptical of. They just seem conceptually implausible. They don't fit the formula Legion established, and I don't see the modern game - as informed as its design is by metrics and statistics - veering dramatically from that standard. For good or for ill, Legion, BfA and SL have been precisely the game you would expected to get if you let the guild leader of Elitist Jerks take the reins. I don't think they see the value in other models.

... why did nobody report on this? That starter gear is absolutely world revampy.

7+ Year Old Account
    The cloth starter gear looks like pyjamas.

Formerly known as Arafal

"Awakenings"-style leaks, I'll always be inherently skeptical of. They just seem conceptually implausible. They don't fit the formula Legion established, and I don't see the modern game - as informed as its design is by metrics and statistics - veering dramatically from that standard. For good or for ill, Legion, BfA and SL have been precisely the game you would expected to get if you let the guild leader of Elitist Jerks take the reins. I don't think they see the value in other models.
    I think one of the reasons people doubt a revamp is simply that it hasn’t happened yet, but people forget that it’s a tremendous resource sink. They have been building up for it since WoD with art stuff and all the plots started in Vanilla (and specifically Legion) are almost done. If there’s any time for a revamp it’s next.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah but when are you going to finally post evidence suggesting a cave expansion?
    That was scrapped back in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    ... why did nobody report on this? That starter gear is absolutely world revampy.
    Is that from an official source? Because it looks incredibly amateurish relative to their modern standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think one of the reasons people doubt a revamp is simply that it hasn’t happened yet, but people forget that it’s a tremendous resource sink. They have been building up for it since WoD with art stuff and all the plots started in Vanilla (and specifically Legion) are almost done. If there’s any time for a revamp it’s next.
    I'd be all for it.

I just don't think it computes for the modern design team as an option, let alone a necessity.

Is that from an official source? Because it looks incredibly amateurish relative to their modern standard.
    What do you mean? It’s good texture work, it just lacks 3D elements that are found in higher level gear. The same thing happens with leveling gear in Legion and BFA.

Looks pretty normal for a modern resolution low level armor set.

Also this reminds me that there was a bunch of stuff marked for exile's reach that wasn't actually implemented and didn't make much sense for being from exile's reach to begin with:

That was scrapped back in WotLK.
    Didnt Blizzard try to make Uldir a cave zone underneath Nazmir for BfA?

Not a cave expansion of course, but a cave zone seems like something that is considered ever so often.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Didnt Blizzard try to make Uldir a cave zone underneath Nazmir for BfA?

Not a cave expansion of course, but a cave zone seems like something that is considered ever so often.
    I seriously don't understand why they won't do it. it's like the perfect space solution because you can vertically stack areas. No need to add an "island" for Mechagon off the shore that for some reason was hard to find when instead you can make that same space in a cave under your existing landmass ezpz.

any leak that says wow is being put on maintenance mode with no more expacs is just immediately and obviously fake

blizzard hasn't released a new game in 5 years, a majority of their profits are from wow

deciding to kill that cash cow without having even seen how their other new projects are going to do (OW2/D4) would be the dumbest move imaginable unless you are someone invested in wow/blizzard's failure and are just posting what you want to happen