Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

10+ Year Old Account
    So I heard there's a new big patch. What does it offer? A new race/class?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Go check patch breakdown vid posted above.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

EDIT 13 July - Seems they have ran into issues on Tuesdays release and it has been pushed back to Thursday.

No new races or classes. This was their highlights so they are likely the biggest things the patch will bring. Full notes tomorrow.

Well Met Adventurers!

The full patch notes for Patch 5 will be revealed on Tuesday the 13th, when it releases. For now, here are some of the highlights from the patch.

The Active Roll System
    During skill checks, rather than leaving you at the mercy of the RNG gods during skill checks, in Patch 5 we have ensured players now have much more agency. Active Roll gives players the ability to swing the odds in their favour by applying spells and bonuses to their rolls. Additionally, players can now see their modifiers and status effects happen directly within the UI, rather than being calculated in the background.

Background Goals
    Players have always been able to select a ‘Background’ at the Character Creation screen - Folk Hero, Acolyte, Urchin, and so on. Now every character will have their own series of secret miniquests based on these roles, called Background Goals. So, whenever a Folk Hero does something Folksy and Heroic or an Urchin does something Urchiny, they’ll be rewarded. It’s a new way to encourage role playing, with players directly benefiting from acting as their character would in any given scenario.

Camp Supplies
    Camp Resources are a new feature that will make you think a little more strategically about when to activate a Long Rest. Now in order to make camp, you first need supplies. You know all the food and scraps you find around Baldur's Gate 3? Well from now one, you’ll need that to set up for a full rest. Finally, a use for your giant hoard of dead fish!

Also coming this patch are Mini Camps, context-dependent environments that offer an alternative to returning to your HQ by the river. From the Chapel near the Ravaged Beach to the Underdark, we've recreated every landmark as its own isolated location that can be accessed when you’re ready to hunker down for your Long Rest.
    There are a huge number of other improvements we’ve made for Patch 5, including Non-Lethal Attack Mode, old-school point and click dialogue, and some very intriguing new story content around a certain party member...
    Last edited by quras; 2021-07-13 at 08:09 PM.

No new content but quite a lot of fixes and changes in the new patch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...49702073670252

I'm very interested in seeing what this sword does now that you can get something for actually killing him.

* Flaming Sword can now be looted from Commander Zhalk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems the game needs a little more work :v

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Looks intended to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Looks intended to me...
    She is always watching!

if that doesnt stay in the game i will be sooo disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Reminds me of the old Dragon Age: Origins bugs... good times :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Watched the video, was not disappointed

Completely missed new panel:

This guy looks extremely enthusiastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This guy looks extremely enthusiastic.
    tl;dr? new class at last?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean you can just watch that patch breakdown vid above.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10c...

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a real bummer that not getting this game in 2022 is an actual possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real bummer that not getting this game in 2022 is an actual possibility.
    I am gonna be 40 by the time this game releases lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

After the beginning part of this game when you are in the mind flayer spaceship thing, does the game have more of an open-world feel, or is it still linear?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    After the beginning part of this game when you are in the mind flayer spaceship thing, does the game have more of an open-world feel, or is it still linear?
    I get the linear feel when I play BG3 but overall, it's not terrible. It's hidden pretty well actually. You end up getting to the same spots but you can get there a couple different ways.

Just in act one, you get that linear feel on the ship. There really is just one way to go. However, to me, once you land on the beach, you can start that exploration. It's not open world broad but you can wander around a bit.

Go through the downed ship and find a good number of things.
    You can open a door and wander through some crypts if you want first.
    Take on bandits if you want to continue that dungeon crawl or enter in a different way seeing crypts last.
    You can head to the druids nearly anytime and start those quests going back to the others later.

No matter what you do you will end up at the druids most likely anyway so back to that linear feel a bit.

then it's off to goblins in a town or
    Off to gnolls and more bandits of sorts OR
    find the Owlbear (or don't)
    Off to more goblins in a ransacked old temple (iirc)
    Eventually going into the swamps if you want Or
    Get involved with the Zhents AND
    Into the Underdark through a couple ways.

Again, all of which you will want to do and eventually get there but you can go about it in different orders. A bit linear but masked very well to me.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm super excited for this one. I played early release for a bit but ultimately decided to wait for the whole game to not spoil it for myself. The only problem it will take them a while to finish it

7+ Year Old Account
    Update 6 (biggest yet) is incoming, and with it Sorcerer. They will present the class at EGX this sunday.