Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    What might happen is that Activision now will take over Blizzard faster than before: they restructurate Blizzard to be completely under Activision
    Blizzard already is 100% under Activision. Do you not understand that ATVI owns them? Restructuring would be of no benefit to them, especially in regards to the lawsuit. It doesn't work that way - the state is suing ATVI and Blizzard, it would still be suing them regardless of "restructuring".

The fake rumors from 4chan and the conspiracy theories here are almost as entertaining as the lawsuit itself. There is no magic bullet here for any of it. ATVI settles out of court, or it goes to court. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    At this point, its a forgone conclusion they'll be shutdown. I wouldn't be surprised to see over the course of the next several weeks many of their in progress games be cancelled and current games be taken offline. CoD, Hearthstone, WoW, etc. I just don't see how Activision can recover from this lawsuit.
    I seriously can't decide if you're trolling or not

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Really hoping Ion is part of the "several high-level personnel"
    unlikely ,he has had a stellar work performance since he took the role

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Hmm, game designers role performance is not tied to the actual game sales performance?

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Hmm, game designers role performance shouldn't be tied to the actual game sales performance?
    the games sales and profit has only been growing since he took over,only with the recent lawsuit did things start getting a bit bad financialy

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Maybe the big evil of next expansion will be the HR department…
    The HR Department is maybe the first Raid Tier with torture lady as Endboss. But the real challenge would be Kotick as the Endboss in 10.3. He would be nearly unbeatable on mythic for at least 3 months.

The new CoD MMORPG will be a saving grace atleast

The HR department should have been the very first thing to go! Shameful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This is just sad. You don't like a game dev so you hope he assaulted women instead of saying something like "I hope the people that did wrong are brought to justice."
    Yes, horrible stuff happened, but vidya more important. Don't you realize those people who were abused in their workplace are secondary to amusement for the semi-living?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    they will recover and none of these games will be canceled/deactivated. you are delusional
    People on this forum have some serious confirmation bias. I expect little less.

These events of employee abuse were pretty grotesque nevertheless, and I do hope that some serious justice is wrought on the folks who were responsible. It is overdue, given how long it's apparently been going on, and I do hope that the response will be more than "lol vidya more important".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Blizzard of the 90s and early 2000's was worth shilling for.

What they are today isn't. If you don't see the infection of Activision's Big Money has done to that studio and its games, you're willfully ignorant.
    lolwut? Dude, this has gone back to old guard like Afriasabi. Are you really going to work these serious events of horrible employee abuse into the "Acti bad" narrative? For fuck's sake, touch grass. Vidya =/= life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    The new CoD MMORPG will be a saving grace atleast
    That is literally the most unappealing thing I've ever heard.

There's more drama in their offices than in game.

When you consider how many loyal fans they have who love their games, the bar for them to make a decent - scratch that, I mean a - profitable game is so low that it is a tripping hazard.

Furthermore when you consider what the Warcraft I.P. (Intellectual Property) is worth (I heard something around $13 Billion), then their handling of it is terrible. If I was a shareholder, I would be pretty upset by that.

I doubt is WoW will die, it will probably go into sunset or maintenance mode.

People are out of their damn minds in this thread. Talking about Blizz shutting down or ending games.

Get a hold of yourselves. They'll pay a fine and move on. Welcome to how the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There's more drama in their offices than in game.

When you consider how many loyal fans they have who love their games, the bar for them to make a decent - scratch that, I mean a - profitable game is so low that it is a tripping hazard.

Furthermore when you consider what the Warcraft I.P. (Intellectual Property) is worth (I heard something around $13 Billion), then their handling of it is terrible. If I was a shareholder, I would be pretty upset by that.

I doubt is WoW will die, it will probably go into sunset or maintenance mode.
    That’s what I was afraid; WoW and several other IP’s will either go into maintenance mode or be shutdown.

The lawsuit is already effecting WoW and FF14 seems to have taken over the market.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If you'd actually played D2R in the beta you'd know that a lot more effort was put into it than their other remasters. They've actually gotten better there.

I have. Its literally Diablo 2 with better graphics. Thats called a remaster. Also it wasnt made by Blizzard, they just bought the studio last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    That’s what I was afraid; WoW and several other IP’s will either go into maintenance mode or be shutdown.

The lawsuit is already effecting WoW and FF14 seems to have taken over the market.
    FF14 is just a flavor of the month thats getting alot of attention from all the popular streamers. Majority will try and conclude its not for them or wow is a much superior product even at its most mediocre.

Lawsuits happen to companies all the time and its honestly so overblown its stupid.

the games sales and profit has only been growing since he took over,only with the recent lawsuit did things start getting a bit bad financialy
    Sales up, quality way down.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    These dudes were literally shredding documents to subvert the lawsuit... There HAS to be consequences for that
    There will be; a hefty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People who have been discriminated against being treated fairly is not an attack against you.

If you think the USA is more racist now than it was during the 90s then you're disturbingly ignorant on the topic of racism, which your first sentence already told us you were.

And don't worry, you're not gonna get passed over for that promotion because you're a white guy. You're gonna be passed over because someone else is better.
    Well someone is clearly disturbingly ignorant on the topic, but it was obviously not him...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sales up, quality way down.
    in many aspects yes,but not in all,raiding has generaly only imrpoved,and all the little QoL changes like mount tabs and transmog tab have all been great,its one of the reasons why i couldnt enjoy classic this time around when i loved it when it was live

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If you think the USA is more racist now than it was during the 90s then you're disturbingly ignorant on the topic of racism, which your first sentence already told us you were.

And don't worry, you're not gonna get passed over for that promotion because you're a white guy. You're gonna be passed over because someone else is better.
    Wait, are you actually trying to argue that the USA is less racist now than it was 30 years ago? Just...wow. I grew up in the late 70s and the 80s. I remember times back then. And in the USA these days people are more racist, FAR more intolerant of one another, and far more divisive. People are constantly at each other's throats. We are an utterly divided society. And that's by intention. Much easier to control people when you pit them against one another.

bahahhahahahahahah