Why are we talking about the Awakenings leak (this seems to be a thing every two years as we have this leak since at least end of Legion), but not about the Fate of Eternity patch logo which is 100x more real than Awakenings after all?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are we talking about the Awakenings leak (this seems to be a thing every two years as we have this leak since at least end of Legion), but not about the Fate of Eternity patch logo which is 100x more real than Awakenings after all?
    Probably because there is no hype for this garbage Shadowlands story and so the interest is naturally drawn to 10.0.

The most accurate thing about Awakenings is “no central theme” because I believe that. Dragons, Void, Light, even a little elemental stuff, racial villains like Azshara and Magatha, all these characters and concepts have been built up in Legion/BFA/SL.

They’re too spread out to tackle in one central themed expansion, but they could be spread out across EK and Kalimdor. Is it a coincidence that the Light stuff is on EK and Azsharas old stomping grounds are Kalimdor?

Not much to discuss about the patch when they tell us in game exactly what’s going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Probably because there is no hype for this garbage Shadowlands story and so the interest is naturally drawn to 10.0.
    I actually think the Shadowlands story and lore is pretty good, the only things that are really terrible are things brought over from BFA, like Sylvanas' plot.

It is significantly more fake.

7+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is there to discuss?
    We know what the patch will be, the logo is just fluff.

And the patch logo has an even worse quality than the Awakenings logo anyway.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think it might be pretty useless to analyze and compare logos for 10.0 with older ones considering it's quite the version to hit and they might just switch up things like that due to the fact it is 10.0. Not saying it is by any means a reason it might be real, but it's something to consider going forward, especially if they're doing a revamp sorta thing.

Covenant races becoming playable makes perfect sense. The Shadowlands isn’t some mystical afterlife, you start of as a spirit but you wind up with a physical body and live a completely normal life after that, you even eat food.

As for why they’d want to visit Azeroth…

Venthyr: I’ve been saving souls for 40k years now and I don’t remember the world ever having this many selfish people in it. I am going to go check that out and see why people are just so awful nowadays.

Necrolord: I want to beat up the guys that beat up our most powerful champion and got them sent here in the first place!

Kyrian: I don’t remember my mortal life, but now that’s okay to remember it, I want to go see what life is all about.

Night Fae: It is great that wild spirits get reborn here, but I want to save wild spirits from dying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think it might be pretty useless to analyze and compare logos for 10.0 with older ones considering it's quite the version to hit and they might just switch up things like that due to the fact it is 10.0. Not saying it is by any means a reason it might be real, but it's something to consider going forward, especially if they're doing a revamp sorta thing.
    I'm fine with new styles of logos but the things here (the just letting the C overlap the frame and the lack of black line around the Warcraft) are just fundamental design mistakes, not branching out into new looks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why, exactly, are we talking about this "Awakenings" leak like it's not completely fake? If you notice every other logo, they put a background behind the title of the expansion. Yet here "Awakenings" is not written on a background, so it is clearly fake.

10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.
    Because we just had a void expansion in BFA whether you likedi t or not.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here is going to be the crux of this speculation cycle I think.

People Who Think 10.0 Is Such A Big Deal Blizz Will Soft Reboot WoW VS People Who Think Activision Won't Spend The Money.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.
    Surely this has nothing to do with your void elf bias

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This right here is going to be the crux of this speculation cycle I think.

People Who Think 10.0 Is Such A Big Deal Blizz Will Soft Reboot WoW VS People Who Think Activision Won't Spend The Money.
    Well, I think 10.0 is a big deal. While it isn't the tenth expansion, it is the tenth version of the game if you count classic. I think blizzard might celebrate that, even if in a small way.

So with all the new cosmetic stuff, anyone besides me like to see a option for the forsaken to be able to stand up straight and not hunch over?

I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.
    Interesting, did these maps contain anything, finished terrain, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    According to Towelliee 9.1.5 will have alot more changes the community has been asking for for years, and that Blizzard haven't announced yet.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableCall...sQYbeuMmooGG54
    Towelliee also said 9.1 would drop in August according to his "well trusted sources". And many more "leaks" that turned out to be false over the years.

Ye, don't believe a single word from that guy. Spreading bullshit for the clickz

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Another wild leak appeared on this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/348895437

OP is gone what did it say?

Yep, thinking the same. Considering there might be a mobile warcraft game I wouldn't be too surprised if they changed the face of the franchise a bit. They already started by changing the character creation screen to look more like something from a mobile game. That being said I think Awakenings is 100% fake. Even IF they planned at any point to call it "Awakenings" they would have changed the name by now given that it was handled as a potential expac name LAST leak season. It would be too ridiculous if people guessed the name of the expac after next.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-08-26 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherry123 View Post
    it looks legal, i'm waiting for a post on wowhead.

https://i.imgur.com/xchuyui.jpeg
    every blood time

- - - Updated - - -

Cope.

Everything points to a Void expansion.
    Arguably far more to the Light then the void

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Interesting, did these maps contain anything, finished terrain, etc?
    We just got references, no actual files.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is utterly damning. If I were you my top priority would be finding a new job in a different company.
    I may have come off a bit too strong. From the development side, we are still committed to providing fun experiences for our players (which I hope is obvious, but very well may not be). It's just that you can't say that part out loud when trying to get a high investment tentpole feature approved. Housing is a great example; we believe there is a large degree of inherent fun to be had with the concept. Even looking at the post mortem analysis of the garrison system, there were elements that we are certain a majority of players truly enjoyed. You simply can't walk into the room saying, "It will be fun: trust me!" You need to pitch it based on potential engagement and sneak the fun in through the actual implementation.

Working at Blizzard is still a dream job, at least for someone in my position that has been largely unaffected on a personal level by recent developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Although I will lend this user the additional credibility of having foreseen the new customization options even though they were contrary to Blizzard's original statement, I don't think we should blindly trust everything he says just for an emotional button-pushing.
    I wouldn't trust me, either. And honestly, I had no idea that they were going to be pushing out additional customizations so soon. I was as surprised as everyone else here. I knew that they were coming eventually as they were actively being worked on, but I did not expect them during this expansion cycle.

We just got references, no actual files.
    Has anyone been keeping themselves aware of current mystery references? I vaguely recall something about Galakrond that we never saw followed up on...