Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, well, it only works if you were actually concerned about the emergency approval and not just using that as a convenient excuse.
    Sad thing is, the two who told me this aren't Trumpers, aren't politically active at all, and generally tend to be smart people.

But one of them told me one of his friends who works in the hospital said that the majority of Covid cases they see are from people who are vaccinated and tend to be worse than those who aren't. I felt it was weird to hear that outside of Florida but found out the person who said this was the wife of a guy who told me that "Science Goes Against God!" (Exact quote) in his attempts to back Trump. But he doesn't think she would be dumb enough to back what her husband has said or to lie about it.

While another, he started talking about them monitoring us at which point I pointed to the phone in his pocket.

They asked me if I really trusted the government at which point I asked them if there really was some huge global conspiracy that every nation in the world was in on with all the major hospitals and no one with any credibility actually coming forward.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    *slaps button* "That was easy" and of course you stated you would vote for Trump, so there's that.

I've played this game against you before, found a dozen or so examples at that time, but this time it took 30 seconds.
    Please explain how voting for Trump is defending Trump. That means you defend Biden giving the taliban more black hawk helicopters then Australia has. You can play all the TROLL games you like, voting AGAINST Biden is not supporting anyone. If given a choice between will you vote for Trump or not vote for him(meaning any democrat) I will always chose against any democrat...strawman polls mean shit. Keep up the lying trolls of me supporting Trump by voting against democrats. You look more and more biased and dishonest just like the other posters here. It's shitposting because you really can't find an actual post where I supported anything he did. You're dishonest on every level just trying to score points with your denizen hypocrites here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Then ban the idiots who keeps derailing and those who keep responding to them.
    you do realize most of the people would be banned here? This is a covid whine thread that has desolved in to a slavery thread for some reason. This shoudl just be renamed Liberal whinefest against anything thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Please explain how voting for Trump is defending Trump.
    So you voted for a loser because you had no confidence in his abilities to do the job...got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Florida's 7-day has been a bit of a plateau lately but, as usual, we can't really trust their numbers.
    Local sources report Florida's COVID daily deaths are now the highest they've ever been.

Daily COVID-19 deaths in Florida are now higher than at any point in 2020, according to data reported by the state.

As of Monday, nine Central Florida hospitals reported having intensive care units at capacity, with at least two over capacity.

On July 4th, there were approximately 2,000 COVID-19 patients in Florida hospitals. Now, there are almost 17,000.

Justin Senior, CEO of the Safety Net Hospital Alliance of Florida, has been monitoring hospitals in the state that are reporting ICU units at or above capacity.

“The patient loads are really high,” Senior said. “It’s putting a lot of stress on staff.”

Most Central Florida hospitals are reporting less than 10-percent of their ICU bed space as being currently available.

On the other hand, vaccination rates in Florida have continued to trend upward. Along the coast, vaccination rates have increased by four to five percent since the end of July.

The same is true along the I-4 corridor where Osceola County, for example, is now at 71-percent vaccinated, tying them with Sumter as the counties with the highest vaccination rates.

“You can see in the data that all of the vaccines work,” Senior said. The overwhelming majority of these patients are unvaccinated.”
    "Overwhelming majority?"

About 94 percent, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Local sources report Florida's COVID daily deaths are now the highest they've ever been.
    The line you quoted was talking about cases, not deaths, I think.

That said, today marks a new record for new cases at 26.2k, sooo...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The line you quoted was talking about cases, not deaths, I think
    If you mean Benggaul's line, maybe, but I won't miss an opportunity to point out how Florida is killing itself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8

Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.

After failing to provide any evidence to support their lawsuits, a judge ordered them to pay for any fees incurred by the litigation and go through a dozen hours of remedial legal education, each.

And left the door open to further consequences, including disbarment.

Get your GoFundMe's ready and start prepping your bag for convention season, because that may be the only way these two can continue to fund their current lifestyles. Maybe one of them will spin up a Patreon.

1+ Year Old Account
    If you mean Benggaul's line, maybe, but I won't miss an opportunity to point out how Florida is killing itself.
    Those Florida Man types always showing us that their motives are beyond our understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    After failing to provide any evidence to support their lawsuits, a judge ordered them to pay for any fees incurred by the litigation and go through a dozen hours of remedial legal education, each.
    I'd like to see Dominion present this in their own trial.

"Your Honor, the defendants made claims that were so false they were sent to remedial law school, despite both being lawyers."
    "You sure $1.3 billion is enough?"
    "I mean, how many kidneys do they have?"

10+ Year Old Account

"Your Honor, the defendants made claims that were so false they were sent to remedial law school, despite both being lawyers."
    hey, you can donate a part of a liver and bone marrow multiple times.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8 Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.
    Judge really ripped into them;

Parker accused the attorneys of breaking the oaths they swore upon admission to the bar in pushing to use the courts to undermine the electoral system.

"The sanctity of both the courtroom and the litigation process are preserved only when attorneys adhere to this oath and follow the rules, and only when courts impose sanctions when attorneys do not," Parker wrote. "And despite the haze of confusion, commotion, and chaos counsel intentionally attempted to create by filing this lawsuit, one thing is perfectly clear: Plaintiffs' attorneys have scorned their oath, flouted the rules, and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way."

10+ Year Old Account

No no no, I'm waiting for Powell to use it in her defense.

"I was sent to remedial education! Surely that means I didn't have enough credibility to do $1.3 billion in damages!"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8

Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.

And left the door open to further consequences, including disbarment.

Get your GoFundMe's ready and start prepping your bag for convention season, because that may be the only way these two can continue to fund their current lifestyles. Maybe one of them will spin up a Patreon.
    That ruling will be, well, Yuge, in the Dominion trial. A court adjudicated and agreed that the filing was so without merit that it merited sanctions against the attorneys that filed it, along with those same filing attorneys paying the opposing party's legal fees.
    @Breccia you've asked how one legal ruling could/couldn't help another suit, and this is a very specific thing that can be entered into evidence in Dominion's suit against Rude and Sydney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No no no, I'm waiting for Powell to use it in her defense.
    She really wedged herself between that rock and that hard place.

1) If she was obviously that inept, as you say to the point of admitting such, then she should be immediately disbarred plus whatever other actions the judge feels for her bringing such inept lawsuits. "Contempt of court" on steroids due to the severity.
    2) Or, if she wasn't that inept in the first place, then Dominion has every right to crush her into dust for making obviously serious, obviously objective statements under oath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @Breccia you've asked how one legal ruling could/couldn't help another suit, and this is a very specific thing that can be entered into evidence in Dominion's suit against Rude and Sydney.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA (grabs bag of Good Ol' Greymane's with butter and salt) HAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, I can't wait till high courts/SCOTUS say "not only did Trump lose, get over it, and here's the fine for saying otherwise".

- - - Updated - - -

Worth noting: the Party of Trump is throwing the "Biden is senile" around right and alt-right, hoping it will stick.

Well, the House probe is also looking into Trump's mental health. So any claims of "we need to know if he's okay so we can impeach him" now have a parallel. Party of Trump members, like @TexasRules of course, can no longer ask for proof of Biden's mental health without also calling for information about Trump's when he called for the murderous insurrection and martial law.

Oh, Trump might have asked for martial law. The House is asking for those records, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Trump calls the Jan 6th investigations a distraction from Biden's failures.

"Didn't Pelosi call for the panel in mid-February?"

Yes.

"So, which failures did Trump say Biden had racked up by mid-February?"

Oh, he's talking about Afghanistan. Trump is lying. You can tell, because he's speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is that guy who keeps praising the Taliban when in front of TV cameras?
    Taliban, Kim jong, Putin, Jingping, Duterte....only the best people!

Orban and MBS are probably on the list too, but can't even remember anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Taliban, Kim jong, Putin, Jingping, Duterte....only the best people!

Orban and MBS are probably on the list too, but can't even remember anymore.
    You can imagine Trump jumping up and down (well, trying to) whining "Why can't I be a dictator too like my bestest friends? Why why why?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is that guy who keeps praising the Taliban when in front of TV cameras?
    Yes, the person who both
    1) Invited the Taliban to picnic on the White House lawn, and
    2) campaigned and ran on leaving Afghanistan and then just didn't do it, handed a plan to someone else he now claims is senile, and complained when the plan he created with zero experience but never implemented failed when Only He Could Do It

I already challenged @TexasRules to explain why Trump didn't enact his own plan, but the 24-hour timer expired days ago. Therefore he has already admitted that his attacks on Biden on the subject are hypocritical and safely handwaved. Nobody else has stepped forward, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    the Union didn't go to war because the South shot first. They went to war because the South seceded.
    And when the South lost, they want their loser seditionist heroes immortalized in statues forever. "It's part of history" somehow means the part they don't want attributed to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CDC says that we're heading back towards 100,000 Americans in the hospital for COVID right now. 86k and rising.

This level, or higher, was December and January. So, yeah, we're heading right back to the worst we've ever had.