Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

D2R more QoL you would like or is clearly needed.

One of the simplest things they absolutely need to do is have a mini map indicator for uniques and set items. I almost missed 2 of them while playing in the beta. Also an option to auto drink HP/Mana potions as you pass over when your belt is full (and hp/mana is not full) and being able to quickly fill the belt from the potions your inventory all at once.

It would not change the game in any way and feels needed, also controller support on PC causes massive camera stuttering but that is something I brought to their attention as well.

Anyone else have more QoL they would like?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Well, they apparently confirmed on Twitter that widescreen support was officially replaced with a black vignette because it would provide "an unfair advantage" over none-widescreen players in PvE and PvP.

That apparently has something to do with abilities traveling as far as the corners of your screen but no further, effectively allowing you to attack from further away as well as travelling further with spells like teleport on a widescreen.

I understand and sympathize with their reasoning, but a black vignette in the game really ruins the experience for anyone with a widescreen, and I believe widescreen support was even an advertised feature (granted, not Ultrawide).

Wouldn't an easier fix simply be to cap the distance of abilities to within the distance of a none-widescreen monitor anyway?

I wouldn't even mind if they at least remove the black vignette in singleplayer. Not like you're gaining an advantage over anyone there.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-08-25 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I think the game is just a 4k version of what it used to be, which is what they were going for yeah?

It looks good but it is not good, honestly it is boring as fuk. Hooray for nostalgia tho? So adding enough QoL would just make it a different game imo but either way I would not buy it for $40, i just think it needs way more then QoL for me to consider it after playing beta and i doubt any of that is gonna happen with the shitstorm @ blizzard and with D4 coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I think the game is just a 4k version of what it used to be, which is what they were going for yeah?

It looks good but it is not good, honestly it is boring as fuk. Hooray for nostalgia tho? So adding enough QoL would just make it a different game imo but either way I would not buy it for $40, i just think it needs way more then QoL for me to consider it after playing beta and i doubt any of that is gonna happen with the shitstorm @ blizzard and with D4 coming.
    The QoL they added are all optional as far as I can tell, more optional stuff you can turn on (or off) to modernize it for todays players is super important if they want to bring new players into the ecosystem. I don't think anything I mentioned would change how the game feels/plays in any major way.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

they need buttons to the UI for other skills... i "think" consoles versions have this from screenshots i saw.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    they need buttons to the UI for other skills... i "think" consoles versions have this from screenshots i saw.
    When you play with a controller it feels more like Diablo 3 because you can set buttons to your abilities directly. You can also macro abilities I believe in Diablo 2 but it's kind of annoying.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I did a whole video on the topic with some 45-suggestions from the community and my own things. People who say no changes are just angry people on Twitter who have ZERO clue - If we wanna draw in more people we need bigger changes from this old game...Also how did nochange turn out in classic wow...It was fucking aids.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't think it's salvageable. It was a great game 20 years ago, but i surely can't endure all of that again. Same as with WoW classic.

Friend had a suggestion to get rid of Arrows as ammo. I think that'd be a bit much, but maybe having stacks carry more could be a tradeoff.

I can see how Arrows can be a problem though since they do take up inventory space if you aren't outright scavenging the battlefield for ammo, and inventory for every class is dedicated to charms. It'd be easier to just play Javazon since you can just go repair your stacks rather than carry extra sets of Javelins with you at all times.

I wouldn't mind Throwing potions with higher stacks too, since they're practically useless after a certain point anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    It looks good but it is not good, honestly it is boring as fuk.
    Acts 1-2 were a blast on the beta. I only played a medium amount of D2 when I was younger so I'm kind of lucky that I never burned myself out on it.
    Hooray for nostalgia tho?
    Nostalgia doesn't have to be bad at all, it might be the most important factor for a good remake. Nostalgia is only bad if the person stops thinking games can improve over time and that the best games are behind us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Friend had a suggestion to get rid of Arrows as ammo. I think that'd be a bit much, but maybe having stacks carry more could be a tradeoff.

I can see how Arrows can be a problem though since they do take up inventory space if you aren't outright scavenging the battlefield for ammo, and inventory for every class is dedicated to charms. It'd be easier to just play Javazon since you can just go repair your stacks rather than carry extra sets of Javelins with you at all times.

I wouldn't mind Throwing potions with higher stacks too, since they're practically useless after a certain point anyways.
    The javazon gets the extra space for charms, melee capability without weapon swapping, and the option to wear a shield. But I thought that was offset by the bowazon getting more interesting abilities like freezing arrow, multiple shot, guided arrow, and strafe. That's just my opinion though since I have not played a javazon yet. I'm looking at her abilities and I think lightning strike and fend look the most interesting to me. The javazon poison abilities and melee abilities look a bit underwhelming at a glance but I'll have to try it out after launch.

Also they increased the maximum quiver size from 150 to 250 in the ToD expansion so it's not too crazy to think they could do something similar again.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-26 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I did a whole video on the topic with some 45-suggestions from the community and my own things. People who say no changes are just angry people on Twitter who have ZERO clue - If we wanna draw in more people we need bigger changes from this old game...Also how did nochange turn out in classic wow...It was fucking aids.
    We don't wanna draw in more people, we want the authentic D2 experience on modern machinery.

And WoW classic came along with a ton of changes, the only thing the #NoChanges crowd got was a big fat middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    When you play with a controller it feels more like Diablo 3 because you can set buttons to your abilities directly. You can also macro abilities I believe in Diablo 2 but it's kind of annoying.
    aye.. on PC you can assign skills to say F1, but you hit F1 which assigns it to right-click, then you right-click to use it.. its clunky and out dated badly
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    One of the simplest things they absolutely need to do is have a mini map indicator for uniques and set items. I almost missed 2 of them while playing in the beta. Also an option to auto drink HP/Mana potions as you pass over when your belt is full (and hp/mana is not full) and being able to quickly fill the belt from the potions your inventory all at once.

It would not change the game in any way and feels needed, also controller support on PC causes massive camera stuttering but that is something I brought to their attention as well.

Anyone else have more QoL they would like?
    D2: Resurrected is just a reskinned nostalgic cash grab. They literally added no new content to the game and removed features (despite similar backlash they received from Warcraft 3: Reforged). They really doubled down on not improving the user experience, which is a real shame. These small QoL changes really don't bring much to the table, and it's certainly not worth the price point.

They abandoned this game for over 10 years. They had so many opportunities to create something epic for one of their most popular games, but instead squandered their time and lost a lot of of good faith from veteran fans. I know a lot of people that never wanted Diablo 3, Immortal, Diablo 4; they want more D2; new classes, new items, new dungeons, new bosses and areas to explore.

Everyone that played D2 already played it; this remake isn't going to appeal to newer audiences because the gameplay is so dated; the competition on the market right now is just so much better that D2 pales in comparison. Titan Quest is 5 years younger than D2, and they are STILL putting out new content and expansions for the game, because the developers care about their fans and foster a strong community around the game.

Honestly I'm pretty okay with how QoL is on the beta. My only issues so far are that the exit portal icons on the minimap in certain areas is way too small and color blending, such as doing Tomb runs.
    Rubberbanding is a huge cock-whore of a thing, I only built a Stealth and I rubber band.
    That being said, the changes made for the gambling window was a breath of fresh air. Half the reason I still play D2 is to gamble up Circlets at low levels.

If anything I'd like them to update pet AI a bit, but I'm sure that's too much. Overall I want this game to feel like the clunky retro game I spent 1000s of hours on, because it's D2. If I want a new-age game, I'll play that.

It's a remaster, not an update patch. The discussion pretty much starts and ends there - it's graphical and back-end tweaks to enable the people who like the existing D2 game to play it more easily on modern hardware. D2 with "QOL" and other updates is D3, or soon enough D4. If you want D2.5 or something then unfortunately you're shit out of luck because that's not what is being developed by Blizzard right now. Try another ARPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It's a remaster, not an update patch. The discussion pretty much starts and ends there - it's graphical and back-end tweaks to enable the people who like the existing D2 game to play it more easily on modern hardware. D2 with "QOL" and other updates is D3, or soon enough D4. If you want D2.5 or something then unfortunately you're shit out of luck because that's not what is being developed by Blizzard right now. Try another ARPG.
    Not true, they added more QoL changes than you realize already.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I just want Infinite arrows so bowazons can have more room for charms because they lack resistance do not not being able to equip a shield

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    I just want Infinite arrows so bowazons can have more room for charms because they lack resistance do not not being able to equip a shield
    That would be cool, how many quivers(250) does a typical bowazon usually carry around? I thought that was funny how javazons can just repair their javalins and magically get more of them to throw.

Also it's cool that a multiple shot bowazon can split up 1 single arrow into 15+ arrows on every shot. The ability maxes out at only 3/4th weapon damage though, so not sure if it works okay in hell mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    My only issues so far are that the exit portal icons on the minimap in certain areas is way too small and color blending, such as doing Tomb runs.
    Haha yeah I was running around for a few minutes until I learned that they messed that up in the beta. Hopefully they can improve that in 1 month, but I'm not complaining because stuff like that is not worth postponing the release.
    Rubberbanding is a huge cock-whore of a thing, I only built a Stealth and I rubber band.
    I'm assuming they can optimize their software or hardware enough to get rid of that. I was thinking about playing a summoner class at launch that way my minions might be able to kill any mobs on the screen when I have internet-related issues. Obviously won't work in hell mode though.
    That being said, the changes made for the gambling window was a breath of fresh air.
    Yeah and it's awesome how easy you can share gold/items with your characters now. Gearing up your lower level characters is more convenient than ever.
    half the reason I still play D2 is to gamble up Circlets at low levels.
    That would just give you low level circlets, no? At most gambling gives you ilvl gear that is the same as your character level plus 4.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-26 at 02:46 AM.

[QUOTE=PC2;53355921]That would be cool, how many quivers(250) does a typical bowazon usually carry around? I thought that was funny how javazons can just repair their javalins and magically get more of them to throw.

Also it's cool that a multiple shot bowazon can split up 1 single arrow into 15+ arrows on every shot. The ability maxes out at only 3/4th weapon damage though, so not sure if it works okay in hell mode.

multishot zon is OP in baal and dia runs because of its physical damage and using guided arrow for magic damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    multishot zon is OP in baal and dia runs because of its physical damage and using guided arrow for magic damage.
    Nice I just don't like how multishot and guided arrow don't benefit from pierce. Also only 1 multishot arrow can hit 1 monster even if 2 or more arrows passes through a monster. And it's weird how maxing out multiple shot makes it slightly worse in most situations because it costs more mana.

Guided arrow only does physical damage by the way. I didn't play hell mode when I played D2 as a kid so I don't know how many physical immune mobs there are later in the game. The guide I read says you need at least 1 non-physical damage source, I think.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-26 at 05:28 PM.