10+ Year Old Account

Muehzala totem bug?

Has anyone seen a bug recently where the channeled cast on the totem on Muehzala in DOS keystones gets interrupted?

I have had it happen three times now: Once a few weeks ago, and twice this week. The first time it happened, it happened repeatedly to the point where I could not finish the channel before the timer expired and the totem stayed up. The first time this week it did it a bunch but I had so much spare time I was still able to get it after a bunch of tries. The most recent time today, it only did it once and again I was able to finish the channel in time.

I can't figure out what could possibly be interrupting the channel. I definitely did not have grievous ticking on me the second time this week (didn't pay attention to the first), and the first week it happened was not a grievous affix. One in three failure rate is high enough that I feel like it might be a good idea to troubleshoot!

I have never noticed this previously and I have run a fuckton of DOS kys this expansion. I have not heard of anyone else seeing this, and I can't turn anything up Googling. Has anyone else had it? Heard of it? Known issue that I just happen to have never encountered? Obvious mechanic in the fight that my idiot self somehow didn't know about through hundreds of keys?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of it. Could be UI/addon related.

Like I had this weird bug on my priest the other day: we were in SoA, and my character was constantly, like once every 5 secs, trying to cast something on someone, I heard the "failed ability" clicking sound every once in a while and when I was flying from platform to another I got "no path available" spam on my error text.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2021-08-26 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    mini movements from a broken or very dirty keyboard maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Has anyone seen a bug recently where the channeled cast on the totem on Muehzala in DOS keystones gets interrupted?

I have had it happen three times now: Once a few weeks ago, and twice this week. The first time it happened, it happened repeatedly to the point where I could not finish the channel before the timer expired and the totem stayed up. The first time this week it did it a bunch but I had so much spare time I was still able to get it after a bunch of tries. The most recent time today, it only did it once and again I was able to finish the channel in time.

I can't figure out what could possibly be interrupting the channel. I definitely did not have grievous ticking on me the second time this week (didn't pay attention to the first), and the first week it happened was not a grievous affix. One in three failure rate is high enough that I feel like it might be a good idea to troubleshoot!

I have never noticed this previously and I have run a fuckton of DOS kys this expansion. I have not heard of anyone else seeing this, and I can't turn anything up Googling. Has anyone else had it? Heard of it? Known issue that I just happen to have never encountered? Obvious mechanic in the fight that my idiot self somehow didn't know about through hundreds of keys?
    Might be time for a new mouse. Mine has a horrible phantom click issue that drove me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

It's probably Bron, the Kyrian soulbind golem guy. Whenever his little orb buff things hit you, they interrupt casting on the totem (also mounting, I've found). It's possible it's something else, but I've only ever had this as a healer when the tank's Bron hits me, and I've been interrupted by Bron while trying to mount in SoA as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    mini movements from a broken or very dirty keyboard maybe ?
    MY KEYBOARD IS PRISTINE.

(raelinda, is that you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Might be time for a new mouse. Mine has a horrible phantom click issue that drove me nuts.
    I'm a healer main guys, if it was anything like this I would notice it immediately in a trillion other contexts. Whatever it is, it's very specific to that context only.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It's probably Bron, the Kyrian soulbind golem guy. Whenever his little orb buff things hit you, they interrupt casting on the totem (also mounting, I've found). It's possible it's something else, but I've only ever had this as a healer when the tank's Bron hits me, and I've been interrupted by Bron while trying to mount in SoA as well.
    I was with a prot paladin in all three of these runs! This may be it. Never had it interrupt me in any other context though.

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    MY KEYBOARD IS PRISTINE.

(raelinda, is that you.)

whats a raelinda ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a healer main guys, if it was anything like this I would notice it immediately in a trillion other contexts. Whatever it is, it's very specific to that context only.
    I was with a prot paladin in all three of these runs! This may be it. Never had it interrupt me in any other context though.
    As a healer main your tank should also be clicking the totem with you though, and it seems weird that bron is up at the same point in all 3 runs, he's not that consistent from my playing with a Kyrian.

That said, Bron being a giant ass isn't news, he's always like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    As a healer main your tank should also be clicking the totem with you though, and it seems weird that bron is up at the same point in all 3 runs, he's not that consistent from my playing with a Kyrian.

That said, Bron being a giant ass isn't news, he's always like that
    Usually. Realistically, as a healer I am waiting by the totem though so I'm going to get a couple extra seconds on channeling on the totem. In most cases, the healer might be done channeling by the time the tank even gets there so unless you anticipate there will be a problem, I could understand why the tank might not bother sometimes.

I don't know about the Bron timing. That he would happen to be there on three particular runs isn't really that farfetched considering the sample size is much bigger. I've done DOS 14 times just on my main this season which is a decent amount considering we're only, what, a month in? If this is the cause, it would also explain why I didn't see the problem ever in S1 since I think most tanks used Pelagos then instead of Bron.

But if it isn't Bronn... what else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    whats a raelinda ?
    I'm just being silly; a WoW friend and I are always joking around about the cleanliness state of my keyboard. IT IS PRISTINE. (it really is)

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    But if it isn't Bronn... what else could it be?
    No clue.
    What I do know is that the primus talking interrupts drinking for some reason.

It gets interrupted anytime you get damage.
    Which means as a healer of you take the 12% haste anima power (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=357889...f-utter-hubris) you are no longer able to click the totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It gets interrupted anytime you get damage.
    Which means as a healer of you take the 12% haste anima power (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=357889...f-utter-hubris) you are no longer able to click the totem.
    It could be this as well, but I'm more skeptical of this than the Bron theory. If it was this, I would think the issue would be much much more widespread amongst healers since I think the majority of specs take this power.

Also the power only ticks every 3 seconds, and anecdotally whatever it was seemed to interrupt at a much higher frequency. It also wouldn't explain why I've only been interrupted on three runs when I've channeled on the totem as healer every run I've done this season on that character.

I mean, it may be this, it may be Bron, it may be something else. I just want to figure out for sure what so if I can do something else to avoid it, I do that.

Ugh I wish I had logged those runs.

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    I have my logs, @Tziva. I'll throw up the DOS18 one where Groot was interrupted during his totem channel.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t&type=summary
    Last edited by Simca; 2021-08-26 at 08:57 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I have my logs, @Tziva. I'll throw up the DOS18 one where Groot was interrupted during his totem channel.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t&type=summary
    Awesome, unfortunately I guess I am worse at reading logs than I thought. Looking through the event summary, I can see you and Groot's add dies at 00:41:31.032 but Mojo Infusion (the channel on the Primeval Grasp totem) doesn't seem show in the event log summary or the casts summary.

I'm sure there's a way to do it I just... uh... am too bad to figure out how.

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, unfortunately I guess I am worse at reading logs than I thought. Looking through the event summary, I can see you and Groot's add dies at 00:41:31.032 but Mojo Infusion (the channel on the Primeval Grasp totem) doesn't seem show in the event log summary or the casts summary.

I'm sure there's a way to do it I just... uh... am too bad to figure out how.
    There are Utter Hubris ticks at 00:41:33 and 00:41:36. Seems likely how he got interrupted.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines