Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yes, exactly as I said. There is only a Diablo 1 semi remaster on Gog and no remake. But you probably hadnt any time to read that because you were busy writing 24k posts on mmo-champion. I think lmao or lolol is what the kids say.
    No where in your post did you put "gog" so no, i did read, you just didnt write.
    maybe you should learn to read yourself if you actually think you mentioned the GOG "semi remaster" of d1.

and wow, making fun of someone being active in the community, aww man you got me there, aww man i am so defeated, aww shit opinion destroyed cause funny man pointed out im active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

It is worth noting that what comes out in this lawsuit and from people posting on instagram or w/e is likely only a small % of what actually went on at Bliz hq over the last 20 years. Which doesn't incriminate everyone who worked there but it makes most of their management seem pretty inept and spineless imo. They all had to have some idea of what was being covered up over the years.

I still love WOW, and will continue to play it, but I'm pessimistic about this and feel like Activision is lying, especially about the shredding documents parts. All big corporations who have gotten too big for their britches always tries to destroy evidence. It's just what they do to try and get out of things.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra should best put the word out... if you hamper or hampered the investigation, destroyed documents, or in any way were complicit in covering up employee mistreatment... you can leave immediately and willfully, quietly, or you will be found and you will be terminated with prejudice, and outed for what you did. Make your choice.

The only way to turn things around is to absolutely drop the bomb on the leaders, executives, and employee relations personnel.
    Jen “I got promoted so they could say they’ve added more gender diverse leaders” Oneal

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Jen “I got promoted so they could say they’ve added more gender diverse leaders” Oneal
    I don't think it's fair to judge her until we actually see what kind of leader she is. She's lead VV pretty well and to assume it's just because she's female is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    From what I understand, the allegation isn't that they purposely destroyed documents because of the lawsuit, but that they destroyed documents they shouldn't have as a matter of procedure - i.e. they were required by law to keep certain documents for at least 24 months, but routinely shredded them after 30 days. This has the side effect of hindering the investigation (aside form being unlawful in and of itself due to regulatory requirements concerning employee data), but that doesn't mean that it was done specifically with the goal of hindering this investigation. It could have, of course; that will have to be determined. But on the face of it, it seems like it was bad practice, period, not necessarily an attempt at a coverup.
    This is how I would interpret the situation at hand, as well. It could be an issue of the California/federal rules and regulations changing or being confusing... but that's what your team of lawyers is for. Could be that the company itself was just getting sloppy. From this thread, I can tell people really hope that someone was doing document destruction hastily to cover their tracks... which can happen, but is not common and probably not likely despite being possible.

Regardless, this comes off as more of a 'process crime', which is normally how governments have guaranteed ways to get you regardless of innocence or guilt concerning the main charges. Heck, a lot of big-name people have gone to jail based upon a string of process crimes despite being innocent of the original charges, it's extremely common. This is also why investigations have to be very particular and careful, as cases can be ruined by their own lack of adherence to the specific rules and regulations. While I understand some are important, over-regulation has the very negative side effect of basically having it so that everyone ends up being guilty of process crimes due to the sheer number of rules and regulations, coupled with their complexity and vagueness making adherence without a team of lawyers impossible. Fortunately, no government in world history has ever used such methods to trump up charges or use such bureaucracy to exert power and control over people and companies...

In essence, my main point is that when it comes to this specific story update and the information presented, I feel like this most likely the California government trying to stick on as many extra charges as the process will allow hoping as many of them stick, versus any altruistic reason or noble belief in the rules and regulations coupled with a lack of actual evidence from the missing documents. Granted I don't ever expect a government or government personal to have altruistic motives, and honestly everyone should have a healthy skepticism of their governments regardless of party or affiliation as they're made up of same humans, just like the executives and leadership that you have at ActiBlizz. No one knows if the changes thus far will even alter anything or result in new issues of similar or worse severity.

Regardless, I see a lot of comments heading towards the 'witch hunt' territory, but considering this forum and the general mentality that is pervasive on social media it's not really surprising. Even if Blizz is guilty of everything, I will still give them the benefit of the doubt until everything is said and done. Another 'happy' tactic of those wishing to push a narrative is to continue to foster as much hatred (or praise) in order to condition people into not critically thinking, resulting in news such as this (and anything negative thereafter in this case) to get a free pass and be automatically accepted. That's how propaganda begins, and with this ActiBlizz lawsuit the last thing you want to have happen as it cheapens the actual potential issues/crimes/etc. and cast doubt on the validity of the entire situation to people who recognize it as being propagandized... because propagandizing tends to only be used when you have the losing argument. Not really the best way to convince people that you're in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    I don't think it's fair to judge her until we actually see what kind of leader she is. She's lead VV pretty well and to assume it's just because she's female is silly.
    That's kind of the problem that I think Blizz is going to have to deal with, as their response to this lawsuit (coupled with many of their behaviors prior to the lawsuit that haven't changed) reeks of hiring Oneal exactly because she's a woman. Is that unfair to her if she's totally qualified for the job? Absolutely, but Blizz themselves are to blame for this unfair assessment even being considered by embracing policies and making statements for years that imply they do not hire people based upon their merit, but their gender/sexuality/etc. Even post-lawsuit announcement, these tendencies haven't changed, they've just shifted to the other extreme. They have been immersed in the cultural cesspool that is ever-present in social media and plagues many companies for a while now. This lawsuit and the behaviors/issues described are just natural conclusion of embracing such a culture: you stop viewing people as individuals, evaluating their worth based upon and making everyone's sole identity a product of their gender/sexuality/etc. instead of their merits and character, resulting in inhumane treatment of people and a never-ending cycle of strife.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-08-26 at 05:37 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Blizzard already is 100% under Activision. Do you not understand that ATVI owns them? Restructuring would be of no benefit to them, especially in regards to the lawsuit. It doesn't work that way - the state is suing ATVI and Blizzard, it would still be suing them regardless of "restructuring".
    Yes and no: while it was for a long time "under" activision, they were still seperate entities at the beginning, but when ATVI bought King and Blizzard wasn't as big of an factor anymore, more and more of Blizzard was pulled under ATVIs thumb. Just because it was a 100% Daughter does not mean that they can't be seperate entities. Blizzard was 100% under Vivendi, but Blizzard back then was back then still a seperate entity from them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes and no: while it was for a long time "under" activision, they were still seperate entities at the beginning, but when ATVI bought King and Blizzard wasn't as big of an factor anymore, more and more of Blizzard was pulled under ATVIs thumb. Just because it was a 100% Daughter does not mean that they can't be seperate entities. Blizzard was 100% under Vivendi, but Blizzard back then was back then still a seperate entity from them.
    exactly. EA over the years has acquired companies and later dissolved them into their own company later; like westwood. The Blizzard name is tarnished and sooner or later the investors are going to get mad if this keeps burning to the ground. The only redemption they will have is to dissolve it and rename the studio something else.

"As a contract employee, I feel there's a lot of pressure to excel, impress, and move through the ranks as fast as you can before your contract ends and you're forced to go 3 months without income or find another job," one worker said. "I take pride in what I do, but it feels like it's never enough."

"I feel like"

3 golden words that tells me everything i need to know about the people they have found to support their cause.

Not even talking about the rest of the post describing how people move up in the world. Are you willing to excell and work hard? gz you get promoted. Is that "toxic" now? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf its also silly to assume that has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are you willing to excell and work hard? gz you get promoted. Is that "toxic" now? LOL
    You know thats bs right? It makes no sense to promote a worker doing the job of two into a new position he has no experience in and might do below average. Its a much better deal to replace a manager with some external hire than promote a hard worker and try to find a replacement for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    bahahhahahahahahah
    it doesnt matter what you think,what matters are the numbers,and the numbers show it

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it doesnt matter what you think,what matters are the numbers,and the numbers show it
    i haven't been following this what do the numbers show?

Yahhhhhhh no.

Let's also not forget that she wasn't even "good enough" to do it herself, in their minds. They had to do a co-leader thing? I'm sure she is great - positive. But it's 100% not a coincidence that half of that leadership team is a woman. Don't be silly and think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i haven't been following this what do the numbers show?
    that wow has been doing better and better financialy over the years,this lawsuit was the first time it droped,and it cant really be blamed on ion can it? unless hes the ringleader ))

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    And those #s are...?

equity is a slippery slope.

equity = same pay no matter what
    equality = same pay for the same work

"diversity" also erks me like "equity", you should be hired based on your qualifications, not your race/gender/religion etc.
    that being said a woman may be more qualified to know what will attract female gamers, if thats a goal of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Yahhhhhhh no.

Let's also not forget that she wasn't even "good enough" to do it herself, in their minds. They had to do a co-leader thing? I'm sure she is great - positive. But it's 100% not a coincidence that half of that leadership team is a woman. Don't be silly and think otherwise.
    You're all letting your biases show and it's disgusting. Equity hires doesn't mean someone isn't qualified at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    equity is a slippery slope.

equity = same pay no matter what
    equality = same pay for the same work

"diversity" also erks me like "equity", you should be hired based on your qualifications, not your race/gender/religion etc.
    that being said a woman may be more qualified to know what will attract female gamers, if thats a goal of the company.
    Most hiring is done via personal bias. A white dude will typically hire another white dude because they see themselves in that person and feel a connection right away. Same with every other race and gender. We all have biases and it's natural and policies like diversity hires work to find qualified people that aren't just clones of old managers, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's kind of the problem that I think Blizz is going to have to deal with, as their response to this lawsuit (coupled with many of their behaviors prior to the lawsuit that haven't changed) reeks of hiring Oneal exactly because she's a woman. Is that unfair to her if she's totally qualified for the job? Absolutely, but Blizz themselves are to blame for this unfair assessment even being considered by embracing policies and making statements for years that imply they do not hire people based upon their merit, but their gender/sexuality/etc. Even post-lawsuit announcement, these tendencies haven't changed, they've just shifted to the other extreme. They have been immersed in the cultural cesspool that is ever-present in social media and plagues many companies for a while now. This lawsuit and the behaviors/issues described are just natural conclusion of embracing such a culture: you stop viewing people as individuals, evaluating their worth based upon and making everyone's sole identity a product of their gender/sexuality/etc. instead of their merits and character, resulting in inhumane treatment of people and a never-ending cycle of strife.
    It's funny you only think she isn't qualified, yet no one questions the male hire in all this, yet he has way less credentials for the role.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    It is worth noting that what comes out in this lawsuit and from people posting on instagram or w/e is likely only a small % of what actually went on at Bliz hq over the last 20 years. Which doesn't incriminate everyone who worked there but it makes most of their management seem pretty inept and spineless imo. They all had to have some idea of what was being covered up over the years.
    Pretty much this. Morhaime and Brack enabled this situation, whether actively or by omission. When the best thing you can say is that you weren't really aware of what was going on, as Morhaime said, well... *headdesk*

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny you only think she isn't qualified, yet no one questions the male hire in all this, yet he has way less credentials for the role.
    To be fair, I've seen some posts in these boards calling this Ybarra guy a "diversity pick" as well, because he happens to not be white, go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No where in your post did you put "gog" so no, i did read, you just didnt write.
    maybe you should learn to read yourself if you actually think you mentioned the GOG "semi remaster" of d1.

and wow, making fun of someone being active in the community, aww man you got me there, aww man i am so defeated, aww shit opinion destroyed cause funny man pointed out im active.
    The last resort of any defeated person - personally attacking the person and not the arguement. How dare you be active!