Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The Kyrian are modeled after the female Vrykul, both sexes. Venthyr are the only one where the race really "starts from scratch" in terms of their model, though all four races have some unique animations/poses and have male/female.
    The Venthyr use Zandalari animations, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, but which ones? They use the same new talking, walking and running animations as far as I can see, as well as shared combat animations between them that the Zandalari lack.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Night Fae do have the satyr-esque dudes that use the Draenai rig. A large chunk of necrolords use the male Kultiran rig as well. I feel those would be suitable.
    Ye I know, but both kyrian and venthyr use models as far as i lnow that arent available to us and they seem more fleshed out in terms of hairstyles etc.

These gladiators are just dressed up kul tirians.. idk how exciting that is to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Never knew this.. u sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye I know, but both kyrian and venthyr use models as far as i lnow that arent available to us and they seem more fleshed out in terms of hairstyles etc.

These gladiators are just dressed up kul tirians.. idk how exciting that is to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

New cool undead models that use the Kultiran rig and aren’t obese. What’s not to be excited about?
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

After double-checking, I was mistaken. It was muddled by the standing animation seeming similar, but they are different.

The males actually have a different kind of walk and both models lack the belly on Kul Tirans.

It's a similar model to Rexxar who I thought was teasing Mok'nathal as an AR, but it might end up being Maldraxxi. Or Maldraxxi girls are teasing Mok'nathal girls.

I wonder if the Jailor got drunk and tickled Sylvanas in her chambers. I want a clip of her getting turned down my HR but it's actually Eye of the Jailor.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The males actually have a different kind of walk and both models lack the belly on Kul Tirans.

It's a similar model to Rexxar who I thought was teasing Mok'nathal as an AR, but it might end up being Maldraxxi. Or Maldraxxi girls are teasing Mok'nathal girls.
    Well that rexxar model is something else and I was quite suprised how unique it actually is. Do these gladiators share things from rexxar?

Ye I noticed the belly and it looks a lot better without it. They truly look like real brutes. I am just lost in terms of how these faces would look like. I am thinking a head and what costumization options they would even have.

- - - Updated - - -

After double-checking, I was mistaken. It was muddled by the standing animation seeming similar, but they are different.
    I also checked( but on phone) and it seems like they are actually unique, I would say nightborne come kinda close, but still heavy modified.

- - - Updated - - -

The Kyrian are modeled after the female Vrykul, both sexes. Venthyr are the only one where the race really "starts from scratch" in terms of their model, though all four races have some unique animations/poses and have male/female.

Kyrian: Female Vrykul
    Sylvari (Night Fae Dryads): Female Draenei
    Venthyr: Brand New (makes sense considering they were the focus of the first raid, want them to be special)
    Maldraxxi Gladiators: Kul Tiran male and female (though male have some unique animations)

None of them can actually equip armor yet so they clearly weren't ready at launch, but there's a slight chance they'll all become playable (and likely unlockable through max renown: I think this would be really cool and both make sense lorewise for a recruitment thing AND encourage people to roll alts and experience the other covenants).
    We are just waiting for some npc (from the covenants) to say that he or she would like to explore our world.

In fact dont we already had some one do that?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-26 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFubuki13 View Post
    I may have come off a bit too strong. From the development side, we are still committed to providing fun experiences for our players (which I hope is obvious, but very well may not be). It's just that you can't say that part out loud when trying to get a high investment tentpole feature approved.
    That commitment doesn't really matter. If management decisions are being made based on bad metrics, that's a fatal condition for a company. The earnestness of the flight crew doesn't matter if they fly the plane right into the ground.

This style of failure is so common it has a name (Goodhart's Law) and is taught in B-schools, but it still happens. The error is confusing correlation with causation, and reversing the sense of causation. A good game causes engagement, and also retention, but increasing engagement doesn't automatically cause the game to be good (reversed causation), and to therefore cause retention.

From the outside, the poor reception of SL sure looks like a textbook example of screwing up due to targeting of bad metrics.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-08-26 at 04:38 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

We are just waiting for some npc (from the covenants) to say that he or she would like to explore our world.

There is definitely one or two Kyrian who say it.

And yeah, the Maldraxxi Gladiators don't have an actual head yet, so they can do whatever they want with them.

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    So with all the new cosmetic stuff, anyone besides me like to see a option for the forsaken to be able to stand up straight and not hunch over?
    How about cosmetic quivers for hunters? Such easy wins they could completely implement... Now if you want a quiver you either pick Alleria's bow or farm the current drop from Normal or Heroic quiver that removes the cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands has been strange so far. You'd expect an expansion about infinite afterlives to have more patch content dedicated to those new afterlife zones, but we're likely going to end up with just Korthia + Zereth Mortis, and no real afterlife exploration post-9.0, which is a shame imo.
    I imagine the original plan was to use the island expedition/argus rifts mechanic to do some of the lesser afterlifes, but I guess negativ feedback on islands led to scrapping that.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-08-26 at 04:33 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That commitment doesn't really matter. If management decisions are being made based on bad metrics, that's a fatal condition for a company. The earnestness of the flight crew doesn't matter if they fly the plane right into the ground.

This style of failure is so common it has a name (Goodhart's Law) and is taught in B-schools, but it still happens. The error is confusing correlation with causation, and reversing the sense of causation. A good game causes engagement, and also retention, but increasing engagement doesn't automatically cause the game to be good (reversed causation), and to therefore cause retention.

From the outside, the poor reception of SL sure looks like a textbook example of screwing up due to targeting of bad metrics.
    Take, for example, monetization in LoL and Dota 2. I have spent thousands on those titles precisely because of how much I enjoy(ed) those games and how unobtrusive the payment options were. The second you move that stuff in my face to try to influence more sales is the second you lose me as a customer. This is why I can't return to SW:TOR or LOTR:O no matter how much I enjoy those games.

There is a kyrian, though I don't recall their name at the moment, who talks about wanting to visit other worlds and ends with something like "maybe I'll visit yours too!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    There is a kyrian, though I don't recall their name at the moment, who talks about wanting to visit other worlds and ends with something like "maybe I'll visit yours too!"
    Yea I was thinking about the kyrian to, mwybe it was that then

Except some characters, especially in the warcraft universe, would see “true death” as a good alternative and would just peace out after they’ve lived a nice and horrible life. The fear of super hell is a good motivation that keeps death meaningful.
    well, yeah... but if we didnt go in there they would never even know it exists

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I imagine the original plan was to use the island expedition/argus rifts mechanic to do some of the lesser afterlifes, but I guess negativ feedback on islands led to scrapping that.
    Well, this sounds cool. Still, given the differences being possible in style compared to mere islands I guess they would have needed a lot of resources for them to be interesting.

Also: Still a possibility to make the last patch more interesting and give us something to do while we wait for the next expansion.
    Last edited by Hardwing; 2021-08-26 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Well, this sounds cool. Still, given the differences being possible in style compared to mere islands I guess they would have needed a lot of resources for them to be interesting.

Also: Still a possibility to make the last patch more interesting and give us something to do while we wait for the next expansion.
    I fully expect 9.3 to be a glorified pre-patch, like Ruby Sanctum was to Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Has anyone been keeping themselves aware of current mystery references? I vaguely recall something about Galakrond that we never saw followed up on...
    I've been keeping track, but nowhere publicly. If there is any interest in putting up a list of unused (somewhat recent) content somewhere I might take some time to compile a neat list/google doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been keeping track, but nowhere publicly. If there is any interest in putting up a list of unused (somewhat recent) content somewhere I might take some time to compile a neat list/google doc.
    You have a least one person very interested!