Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    But if they weren't going to go after Gaetz, why not just take down his wingman? Why even bother giving him a deal at all if they're not going to do anything with what he gives them?
    The wingman got caught for shit Gaetz wasn't necessarily directly involved in. That guy is a fucking idiot. But a well connected idiot. He's getting a plea deal because he is a well connected idiot. Yeah he'll squeal on some shit, maybe take down with him a couple of other local hicks and sure the DoJ is probably writing up papers on Gaetz too, but that just doesn't mean they'll act on it.

They just won't. If they wanted to, they would have done so by now. Gaetz is a fucking creep and an asshole, who absolutely has done a bunch of creepy illegal shit, but the way the Republican voters/Trumpkins circled the wagons around him, I just don't believe the DoJ thinks it has anything nasty enough on Gaetz to risk pissing off Y'all Qaeda.

This fantasizing about how our good and honorable law enforcement is working behind the scenes to finally bring down the big baddie is very reminiscent of all the fantasies and the 1000 page threads during the whole Muller probe shit.

That entire fiasco actually ended up benefitting Trump in the end, while a couple of disposable morons ended up going to jail for a few weeks before either getting pardoned or paroled.

This shitshow...is following the same pattern, and if anything is beneficial for Gaetz rather than being detrimental.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-08-26 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Gaetz is a fucking creep and an asshole, who absolutely has done a bunch of creepy illegal shit, but the way the Republican voters/Trumpkins circled the wagons around him, I just don't believe the DoJ thinks it has anything nasty enough on Gaetz to risk pissing off Y'all Qaeda..
    I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right.

But he doesn't have as much support as it seems. Nobody bought his book, for example. It's been out under a year and hardcovers are down to $8 on Amazon.

That's probably why he "forgot" to mention his book income -- a federal violation -- because it wasn't even enough to buy a low-end BMW.

Gaetz isn't going to prison for this.

Yes, he's a scumbag.

Yes, he's a bit of a pedophile.

No, it won't matter.

Trumpsters will make sure nothing happens to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right.

But he doesn't have as much support as it seems. Nobody bought his book, for example. It's been out under a year and hardcovers are down to $8 on Amazon.

That's probably why he "forgot" to mention his book income -- a federal violation -- because it wasn't even enough to buy a low-end BMW.
    Trumpkins don't read. His inability to sell books has fuckall to do with his popularity with the GOP base.

Note, most of these "books" written by chucklefucks like Cruz and ilk are mostly bought up by their PACs. It's a corruption scam. Gaetz doesn't really have much in the way of PAC support because most Republican donors steer clear of him because he is a walking PR disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trumpkins don't read.
    Fuck. Can't believe I missed that part. Who switched me to decaf?

Fuck. Can't believe I missed that part. Who switched me to decaf?
    Don't worry not your fault. I've seen news reports and shit all touting this as some heavenly sign of Gaetz ultimate downfall.

Trumpkins don't read. His inability to sell books has fuckall to do with his popularity with the GOP base.

Note, most of these "books" written by chucklefucks like Cruz and ilk are mostly bought up by their PACs. It's a corruption scam. Gaetz doesn't really have much in the way of PAC support because most Republican donors steer clear of him because he is a walking PR disaster.
    Not one of these people wrote anything they have claimed to author. They were all ghostwritten for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, federal authorities just arrested a guy who, near as I can read this thing, tried to sell a Trump pardon to Gaetz for all those children he fucked for $25 million.

"How did that guy get a Trump pardon?"

I don't think he did. I think he was lying. He's being charged with extortion.

I'm not some fucking criminal mastermind....but I interacted with people who work in HR...

If I were to do something criminal or borderline, or even something that might cause a PR issue....I'M NOT GOING TO FUCKING TAKE PICTURES OF IT!

Fucking idiots. It's not just that they are fucking assholes, on top of it they are idiots.

I swear to God, this has become the right wing's defining characteristic....evil idiots.

I remember when Hillary did the whole "deplorables" gaffe, even I dog piled on her for it, in hindsight I owe her a fucking apology. That was about an accurate of a succinct description of the average Republican voter/politician/supporter as the English language allows.

If there is that much material I wonder how many others are involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    If there is that much material I wonder how many others are involved.
    There's not a good take on "thousands" is there? Yeah, even if it's 100 pictures per female (including of-age consenting prostitutes and raped children) that's at the minimum 20. Based on that, I'd guess...three more Johns, five pimps? And that's a lowball guess.

Well, federal authorities just arrested a guy who, near as I can read this thing, tried to sell a Trump pardon to Gaetz for all those children he fucked for $25 million.

"How did that guy get a Trump pardon?"

I don't think he did. I think he was lying. He's being charged with extortion.
    Actually he is specifically NOT being charged with extortion he is simply being charged with fraud. It's VERY different and because its specifically not extortion, Gaetz is still fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Actually he is specifically NOT being charged with extortion he is simply being charged with fraud. It's VERY different and because its specifically not extortion, Gaetz is still fucked.
    Multiple reliable sources all used the term "extortion" when the story broke, hence my initial confusion. Honestly, I like "fraud" better considering he was lying.

Multiple reliable sources all used the term "extortion" when the story broke, hence my initial confusion. Honestly, I like "fraud" better considering he was lying.
    The key word is reportedly. Thats because gaetz claimed it. But its not. Fraud is much worse for haetz because it means gaetz isnt the victim of extortion which means gaetz has no deniability to his crimes.

But how do we know he was lying? Maybe he really COULD have gotten him a pardon? And doesn't extortion require an "or else" to it? ie, pay me $25 million and I'll get you a pardon or else I'll turn over something to the cops or something? I don't recall reading anything about a threat involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    But how do we know he was lying? Maybe he really COULD have gotten him a pardon?
    It looks like he's a no-name realtor or something, so no.

And doesn't extortion require an "or else" to it? ie, pay me $25 million and I'll get you a pardon or else I'll turn over something to the cops or something? I don't recall reading anything about a threat involved.
    That's where

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The key word is reportedly. Thats because gaetz claimed it. But its not. Fraud is much worse for haetz because it means gaetz isnt the victim of extortion which means gaetz has no deniability to his crimes.
    Yeah I was confused about "extortion" until that was cleared up for me (thanks again) but Gaetz claimed it first. It would be extortion of the guy had said "and your son the child rapist will be arrested shortly"...or would it? I mean, warning someone that their crime will get them arrested isn't a threat, not really.

Anyhow I think the Bean Man is right. The headlines said "extortion" because Gaetz has been crying wolf.

It looks like he's a no-name realtor or something, so no.
    Oh, I thought Gaetz initially claimed it was someone in the CIA or the feds or someone who might have some pull doing it. It's just some real estate schmuck? And not the deep state?? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I thought Gaetz initially claimed it was someone in the CIA or the feds or someone who might have some pull doing it.
    You are correct. Gaetz did say that, that it was a former DoJ official.

What is happening is an extortion of me and my family...a person demanded $25 million in exchange for making horrible sex trafficking allegations against me go away.
    Gaetz has also claimed that this arrest says he was right, that he was being extorted for a crime he did not commit, despite the fact that his wingman Greenberg has thousands of pictures and videos. Near as I can tell, the Florida Man who was arrested isn't actually a federal or former federal employee, but I could be wrong. Gaetz is going with "just because that guy wasn't CIA doesn't mean it wasn't the CIA" and other things just to change the narrative away from "I raped a child".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The alleged crime took place after Trump left office.
    Yeah, but Gaetz knew Trump would be back by August.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1927922.html

Huh...Gaetz hired one of the Epstein lawyers for the investigation into his potential sexual misconduct, which has been expanded to include campaign finance violations.

Weird how these folks seem to hang around the same orbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1927922.html

Huh...Gaetz hired one of the Epstein lawyers for the investigation into his potential sexual misconduct, which has been expanded to include campaign finance violations.

Weird how these folks seem to hang around the same orbits.
    I know this isn't how the law works... but the second you hire a lawyer like that it should be an instant guilty sentence. like, it's obvious why you hired this guy.