Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    The amount of chucklefucks in this thread concluding he is a sex offender when theres 0 evidence that he did anything other then know someone who was is disgusting.
    Today its enough to claim some1 for sexual harassment to end his carrier.

In germany we have a weatherman named Jörg Kachelmann. Was a famous dude. Some day his wife claiming sexual harassment, so he lost like everything. After years or processes in courts it turned out that she just lied all the time... still robbed him years of his life/carrier, just cause the was claiming such a bullshit.

I dont defen Mccree, dont know him and i dont care at all, my point is that its enough to claim, so they lost their jobs/reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Do you not see the difference to a character named for someone tied to a problematic issue ... and a character whose name is a reference to 1776?

- - - Updated - - -

It really doesn't matter. His name is connected to the Cosby Suite, whether he is guilty of being a sex offender is not really that relevant.
    If you have an issue with 1776, and you are an American, then you are a halfwit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pfffhahahaha

It's just virtue signal after virtue signal, Blizz is in full-on virtue signal mode
    Exactly this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Wow, they really went full retard.
    They really can't help themselves going this woke at this point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pfffhahahaha

It's just virtue signal after virtue signal, Blizz is in full-on virtue signal mode
    Bans for badwrong white male cowboy mains when?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So what about that cinematic where McCree is featured and mentioned like 30 times? Will they remake that cinematic and delete all those lines of dialogue ala the removed "bitch" line from Silverpine Forest?
    They will probably just redub it...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Just you wait, people will get banned if they do that.
    Only because a bunch of raving pink-hairs, that don't even play, will be called in to /reeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Today its enough to claim some1 for sexual harassment to end his carrier.

In germany we have a weatherman named Jörg Kachelmann. Was a famous dude. Some day his wife claiming sexual harassment, so he lost like everything. After years or processes in courts it turned out that she just lied all the time... still robbed him years of his life/carrier, just cause the was claiming such a bullshit.

I dont defen Mccree, dont know him and i dont care at all, my point is that its enough to claim, so they lost their jobs/reputation.
    Yeah this happened to a teacher where I live. There was a claim of him touching younger students and he was immediately fired etc. 5 or so years in courts and it was found he was innocent but he still can't get a teaching job because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    Boy i sure hope this doesnt turn out to be another Kael'thas situation, where a voice actor, not even an employee of the company, who didnt do anything but got caught in a witch hunt was un-personed and removed from all blizzard products only to be vindicated later and make the company look like reactionary idiots. Oh wait.

It's kind of impressive that their response is to piss off the people who generally didnt care much about the harassment lawsuit, by virtue signalling like mad.

Looking forward to McCree being reimagined as a gay black transexual "woman" named MacKenzie so twitter will be nice to them for 30 minutes.
    You do know that is is exactly the type of ridiculous response they truly are likely to go with, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Yeah this happened to a teacher where I live. There was a claim of him touching younger students and he was immediately fired etc. 5 or so years in courts and it was found he was innocent but he still can't get a teaching job because of it.
    And despite this, twitter SJWs will go on and on about "muh patriarchy" and "male privilege"

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    "liking the changes being made to the game"
    "not falling for Blizzard's obvious deflections"

these are not mutually exclusive things.
    They aren't even really making changes to the game. They will keep everything else but waste dev time on a reskin, whole new dialog (for everyone) and voice change...

When I think of McCree I do not think about the Blizzard employee. Doesn't seem like a needed change. Also more delayed content, jesus man

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Was McCree ever involved in the harrasments? I actually dont know
    At this point, it would probably be easier to name the people at that level who weren't involved in this nightmare.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need any performative actions. Use the energy to actually make meaningful changes, not these frivolous and empty acts. Or do we expect to have every single voice actor and character name changed if anyone has any scandal? "Oops, gotta change Tassadar's VA back in SC 1 because he was found committing this crime and we don't wanna be associated with that." I'm still calling him Jesse McCree regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    The problem with cases like this is that not only does it ruin that person's life, is it helps ruin many, many others who report serious, actual assaults, but gets dismissed because "well there was that one case, so she could be a liar too"

. I dont defen Mccree, dont know him and i dont care at all, my point is that its enough to claim, so they lost their jobs/reputation.
    There's evidence such as messages in group conversations, joking about others fucking women in the Cosby suite (which are public, can be Googled) At the very least he was complacent in allowing the abuse and toxic culture to continue under his leadership. Seems like a fair reason for dismissal.

Them pixels are to blame for sure lol

Oh shit, we just got accused of more stuff, quickly to the virtue signal!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Like I said before, it makes more sense to integrate it into the story.
    that would take having competent devs that actualy care about the games they develop and the customers

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    There's evidence such as messages in group conversations, joking about others fucking women in the Cosby suite (which are public, can be Googled) At the very least he was complacent in allowing the abuse and toxic culture to continue under his leadership. Seems like a fair reason for dismissal.
    Since when was joking about others having sex a criminal act?

Wonder how long before people go after Matthew Mercer just because he voiced the character. If they aren't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Wonder how long before people go after Matthew Mercer just because he voiced the character. If they aren't already.
    He's fine for now. He's sufficiently garnered a strong reputation as a likable guy and an 'ally' of various causes that the social media mob approve of. He even has his pronouns in his Twitter bio, after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me, the voice actor for a character in Boyfriend Dungeon is getting death threats because those sending him death threats don't like the character he voices.