Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I think a lot of us forget that even if our avatars on the official forums show one race, it doesn't mean that that character is necessarily our main. And even if it is, it doesn't mean we don't have alts of other races that we appreciate just as much.

I play multiple races in WoW, though I do admit to favoring the elves.

I have Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne, Humans, Draenei, Lightforged, Tauren, Highmountain, Vulpera, and even a Dark Iron. I am just a much a fan of each race as anyone else. If I have an opinion on any of these races, it matters just as much as the most ardent fan of those races.

None of our opinions on these races are more or less valid based on what race we post with on the official forums, or that we main in the game.
    It just really bothers me this trend some BE fans have to gatekeep others. It's like if you don't agree with faction exclusivity you're not a true BE fan.

It's not news that I am just an elven fanboy and that I would like to see just MORE elven content all around, and I love all the elven offshoots in WoW. But some people really act like you can only like one and it's really bothersome to be told you're not a true BE fan because you'd like to share hairstyles.

I think a lot of us forget that even if our avatars on the official forums show one race, it doesn't mean that that character is necessarily our main. And even if it is, it doesn't mean we don't have alts of other races that we appreciate just as much.

I play multiple races in WoW, though I do admit to favoring the elves.

I have Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne, Humans, Draenei, Lightforged, Tauren, Highmountain, Vulpera, and even a Dark Iron. I am just a much a fan of each race as anyone else. If I have an opinion on any of these races, it matters just as much as the most ardent fan of those races.

None of our opinions on these races are more or less valid based on what race we post with on the official forums, or that we main in the game.
    I love my vulpera shaman.

but I love the lore and the aesthetics of the blood elves and I want the lore and the blood elf aesthetic to be respected with customizations that are consistent.

If the blood elves are irradiated by the light all the time and the void elves were expelled because the void can damage the sunwell then it would be illogical to have customization that is contrary to the light such as void or undead customization.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It just really bothers me this trend some BE fans have to gatekeep others. It's like if you don't agree with faction exclusivity you're not a true BE fan.

It's not news that I am just an elven fanboy and that I would like to see just MORE elven content all around, and I love all the elven offshoots in WoW. But some people really act like you can only like one and it's really bothersome to be told you're not a true BE fan because you'd like to share hairstyles.
    I'm in the camp of more options is better. I'd prefer those options be unique where possible (like say hairstyles), but I understand that in game development, getting more use out of time and resources invested by sharing things here and there (especially in the case where its so easy like between blood elves and void elves), is incentivized. If the only way to get the options I desire is to have them copy/pasted from another race, I'll grin and bear it, but again I would prefer new assets made if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I love my vulpera shaman.

but I love the lore and the aesthetics of the blood elves and I want the lore and the blood elf aesthetic to be respected with customizations that are consistent.

If the blood elves are irradiated by the light all the time and the void elves were expelled because the void can damage the sunwell then it would be illogical to have customization that is contrary to the light such as void or undead customization.
    I don't see a problem with blood elves getting undead options. Lots of thalassians died when Arthas cut a path through Quel'thalas. And yes I understand that it would be more ideal if those options were under the forsaken race, but the fact is, that would be more work. It's a lot easier to simply allow blood elves to use the undead skin tones and red eyes that are already being used by npcs. It's less a matter of it "making sense" or being "lore accurate", and more a matter of "this requires the least effort to answer a player request".

I'd rather get the dark ranger aesthetic through blood elves than not get it at all.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-27 at 03:05 AM.

A lot of BE players would rather gatekeep aesthetics in a way it would limit their own choices rather than allowing more cross-customizations that would be a net win for both alliance and horde players lol.
    That's why I think some races are not getting more customizations because their fans are more invested in gatekeeping Void Elves options than telling Blizzard what customizations they want for their own race.

I mean come on, did people really expected that after fair skins and eye colors, Blizzard would never give anything else for Void Elves? Also, why Blizzard would waste time making customizations nobody wants? Did people forget what happened when Void Elves, and another couple of bad ARs, was announced and released?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm in the camp of more options is better. I'd prefer those options be unique where possible (like say hairstyles), but I understand that in game development, getting more use out of time and resources invested by sharing things here and there (especially in the case where its so easy like between blood elves and void elves), is incentivized. If the only way to get the options I desire is to have them copy/pasted from another race, I'll grin and bear it, but again I would prefer new assets made if possible.

I don't see a problem with blood elves getting undead options. Lots of thalassians died when Arthas cut a path through Quel'thalas. And yes I understand that it would be more ideal if those options were under the forsaken race, but the fact is, that would be more work. It's a lot easier to simply allow blood elves to use the undead skin tones and red eyes that are already being used by npcs. It's less a matter of it "making sense" or being lore accurate, and more a matter of "this requires the least effort to answer a player request".

I'd rather get the dark ranger aesthetic through blood elves than not get it at all.
    and I prefer not to have it and that the lore is not damaged.
    DRs are part of the forsaken, they are not part of quelthalas and they don't make sense because the light should kill you. the light kills the undead just look at what happened to the venthyr.

I support DR as forsaken or hero class customization. but not like blood elf customization.

I agree with that, like of course I would have preferred High Elves to both be their own race, with their own animations and styles. It's not ideal, but I'd rather have shared assets than maintain the limitations, you know? It's like between the choice between Exclusivity and More Options, I will choose the later. That's the compromise here, because I mean, of course shiny and new options for everyone would be best, but the reality is just that we have to make do with reused BE assets for the HE aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    That's why I think some races are not getting more customizations because their fans are more invested in gatekeeping Void Elves options than telling Blizzard what customizations they want for their own race.

I mean come on, did people really expected that after fair skins and eye colors, Blizzard would never give anything else for Void Elves? Also, why Blizzard would waste time making customizations nobody wants? Did people forget what happened when Void Elves, and another couple of bad ARs, was announced and released?

I personally even support that void elves have green eyes!
    there are blood elves in telogrus after all!

I just want the lore to be respected. and if there are blood elves in telogrus the void elves should have green eyes too.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-08-27 at 03:16 AM.

I wouldn't blame the fans as the reason why BE's didn't get more customizations, but I do agree that HE fans overwhelmingly got on board with the idea of giving HE customization to VE's rather than keep asking for AR High Elves -oh there were people, but most HE fans understood that it was far more likely for the former to happen, thus focused their efforts on that.

- - - Updated - - -

and I prefer not to have it and that the lore is not damaged.
    DRs are part of the forsaken, they are not part of quelthalas and they don't make sense because the light should kill you. the light kills the undead just look at what happened to the venthyr.

I support DR as forsaken or hero class customization. but not like blood elf customization.
    The lore is not "being damaged". This overstatement of harm is ridiculous.

It's about what assets are better to convey a fantasy that is already present on the lore, just like you can have the HE fantasy on a VE. How can you say such a thing would be damaging to the lore when there are literal examples of lore/gameplay segregation with Lightforged Draenei Shadow Priests and Void Elf Holy Priests?

Stop using the "sanctity of the lore" as a flimsy excuse to shut down whatever you don't deem to be fitting of Blood Elf customization options.

I personally even support that void elves have green eyes!
    there are blood elves in telogrus after all!

I just want the lore to be respected. and if there are blood elves in telogrus the void elves should have green eyes too.
    Tbh with you, I think Blizzard did a bad job regarding this topic, had they followed the Nightborne route with High Elves, giving them a brand new model, still appealing ofc, and retroactive replacing all High Elf NPC's ingame with the newer rigs, I think both sides would be a lot happier now.

I mean, ofc we would still have some upset people here and there on both sides, but I think the majority would be happy with that.

I wouldn't blame the fans as the reason why BE's didn't get more customizations, but I do agree that HE fans overwhelmingly got on board with the idea of giving HE customization to VE's rather than keep asking for AR High Elves -oh there were people, but most HE fans understood that it was far more likely for the former to happen, thus focused their efforts on that.

- - - Updated - - -

The lore is not "being damaged". This overstatement of harm is ridiculous.

It's about what assets are better to convey a fantasy that is already present on the lore, just like you can have the HE fantasy on a VE. How can you say such a thing would be damaging to the lore when there are literal examples of lore/gameplay segregation with Lightforged Draenei Shadow Priests and Void Elf Holy Priests?

Stop using the "sanctity of the lore" as a flimsy excuse to shut down whatever you don't deem to be fitting of Blood Elf customization options.
    I do not consider the undead customizations correct for the blood elves because they clearly do not represent the lore and the aesthetic blood elf.
    blood elves are not undead cannibal monsters. the blood elves are alive! and they live in a society where light is an essential part of their existence.

I always agreed that the alliance had the high elves, I wanted things for the horde as well as humans from Alterac. and I still believe that void elves must even have green eyes because it is correct within lore.

I don't see any dark ranger in quelthals? do you see them? when in 4.1 quelthalas was in danger did you see any DR? i saw blood elves, darkspear and high elves.
    I see the DRs as part of the Forsaken, they live in the Forsaken society and serve the Forsaken racial leader.

if sylvanas had given them the order to kill lorthemar and invade quelthalas and kill us all they would have done it, because most of them even after sylvanas' betrayal remained loyal to sylvans.

they belong to the forsaken, that is their place. not in quelthalas.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh with you, I think Blizzard did a bad job regarding this topic, had they followed the Nightborne route with High Elves, giving them a brand new model, still appealing ofc, and retroactive replacing all High Elf NPC's ingame with the newer rigs, I think both sides would be a lot happier now.

I mean, ofc we would still have some upset people here and there on both sides, but I think the majority would be happy with that.
    I think that the only customization that the void elves should not have are the golden eyes, since the golden eyes is light customization.
    I want the blood elves to have unique customization that represents their lore and tradition and I am in favor of sharing things from the alliance to achieve that, such as lightforged customization.
    I think it's the perfect way to give a unique customization that differentiates the void elves and blood elves thematically. light vs void.

I think that the only customization that the void elves should not have are the golden eyes, since the golden eyes is light customization.
    I want the blood elves to have unique customization that represents their lore and tradition and I am in favor of sharing things from the alliance to achieve that, such as lightforged customization.
    I think it's the perfect way to give a unique customization that differentiates the void elves and blood elves thematically. light vs void.
    Giving the circumstances this can work as well, but the only light customization that I can think of, other than tattoos, is a glowing aura and hair...

Last edited by Luck4; 2021-08-27 at 03:54 AM.

I am kinda indifferent to green eyes on void elves as well as undead customization for BElves. Personally, I think undead elves should be under the forsaken banner though. I guess that opens up the weirdness of forsaken undead elves, however.

- - - Updated - - -

There are fel runic tattoos like on the belf cover art. I suppose you could just make them gold.

Giving the circumstances this can work as well, but the only light customization that I can think of, other than tattoos, is a glowing aura and hair...

like this

I do not consider the undead customizations correct for the blood elves because they clearly do not represent the lore and the aesthetic blood elf.
    blood elves are not undead cannibal monsters. the blood elves are alive! and they live in a society where light is an essential part of their existence.

I always agreed that the alliance had the high elves, I wanted things for the horde as well as humans from Alterac. and I still believe that void elves must even have green eyes because it is correct within lore.

I don't see any dark ranger in quelthals? do you see them? when in 4.1 quelthalas was in danger did you see any DR? i saw blood elves, darkspear and high elves.
    I see the DRs as part of the Forsaken, they live in the Forsaken society and serve the Forsaken racial leader.

if sylvanas had given them the order to kill lorthemar and invade quelthalas and kill us all they would have done it, because most of them even after sylvanas' betrayal remained loyal to sylvans.

they belong to the forsaken, that is their place. not in quelthalas.
    I just don't understand this thought process. Like you KNOW you can make a light worshiping High Elf with the VE model, right? Spec that Priest Holy and you're a pious priest that would never dare to set foot in a place like Telogrus.

The BE model is just the closest in game asset for the DR fantasy, just as the VE model is for an alliance holy priest. So I don't get how you can see one but not the other, is just nonsense.

It literally matters not that there are no Dark Ranger in Quel'thalas, yet Dark Rangers in game right now, as per Velonara's words, describe themselves as kin to both Forsaken and Blood Elves, pretty much like DK's such as Koltira.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I am kinda indifferent to green eyes on void elves as well as undead customization for BElves. Personally, I think undead elves should be under the forsaken banner though. I guess that opens up the weirdness of forsaken undead elves, however.
    If I could choose, I would make Dark Rangers playable through a posture toggle + ears on the Forsaken model. I think it would work.

But between that, and simply turning on an eye color and unlocking a skin tone on the BE model, the later is simply the most efficient use of assets.

What these last passes of customization have shown us is that we can have more fantasy for our buck within the same models.

I just don't understand this thought process. Like you KNOW you can make a light worshiping High Elf with the VE model, right? Spec that Priest Holy and you're a pious priest that would never dare to set foot in a place like Telogrus.

The BE model is just the closest in game asset for the DR fantasy, just as the VE model is for an alliance holy priest. So I don't get how you can see one but not the other, is just nonsense.

It literally matters not that there are no Dark Ranger in Quel'thalas, yet Dark Rangers in game right now, as per Velonara's words, describe themselves as kin to both Forsaken and Blood Elves, pretty much like DK's such as Koltira.

- - - Updated - - -

If I could choose, I would make Dark Rangers playable through a posture toggle + ears on the Forsaken model. I think it would work.

But between that, and simply turning on an eye color and unlocking a skin tone on the BE model, the later is simply the most efficient use of assets.

What these last passes of customization have shown us is that we can have more fantasy for our buck within the same models.
    The DK are their own faction and Koltira went to serve the Forsaken not the Quelthalas because the Forsaken is the society of the undeads of the horde.

I want the aesthetics and the lore blood elf not to be damaged, that the customization continues to have logic and coherence.

if you add undead customization I will think that blizz is clearly ignorant of his own lore and what it means to be a blood elf. the blood elves are the SURVIVORS of the scourge invasion. all lore blood elf is about surviving and protecting quelthalas and the sunwell.

like this
    Yeah!

But talking about transformations I think a light-based transformation would be cool as well, despite all the hate, I like Entropic Embrace, especially because it's a power-up and works for a small period of time, I think transformations are cool. I love the fact that the Worgen has a human form, but I think would've been even better if the race had the customization option to become a werewolf only in combat, giving that sense of power-up.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-08-27 at 04:24 AM.

Yeah!

But talking about transformations I think a light-based transformation would be cool as well, despite all the hate, I like Entropic Embrace, especially because it's a power-up and works for a small period of time, I think transformations are cool. I love the fact that the Worgen has a human form, but I think would've been even better if the race had the customization option to become a werewolf only in combat, giving that sense of power-up.
    I think customizing this style would be very simple to add and would give the blood elves a unique look that would clearly differentiate them from the void elves.

There's no reason Blood Elves couldn't get both a lightforged and a blood theme. The vampires could just be outcasts and not found in Silvermoon. That being said, it really might make more sense to give Forsaken a San'layn model instead. A drastic model change like that would break new ground, but there isn't really anything preventing it from happening. If Alliance needs parity with this addition, give Kul Tirans a skinny model option at the same time.

The DK are their own faction and Koltira went to serve the Forsaken not the Quelthalas because the Forsaken is the society of the undeads of the horde.

I want the aesthetics and the lore blood elf not to be damaged, that the customization continues to have logic and coherence.

if you add undead customization I will think that blizz is clearly ignorant of his own lore and what it means to be a blood elf. the blood elves are the SURVIVORS of the scourge invasion. all lore blood elf is about surviving and protecting quelthalas and the sunwell.
    Answer the question about High Elven Holy Priests using the VE model.

Answer the question about High Elven Holy Priests using the VE model.
    I don't know, I suppose using the light must cause immense pain as is the case with a forsaken priest. would make sense because alleria feels pain just by touching turalyon