Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Azeroth revamp confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I am having problems understanding this myself. As for the dresses.. it's not trying to be offensive, but I dislike them. The Overwatch franchise, HOTS can have cute outfits. (Blizzard IPs) Yet a Blizzard game with a subscription is incapable of this? You know exactly the attire people been asking for. This is not it.

Maybe go look at all the competition and I mean all. GW2, FF14, TERA.. even Fortnite from what images people have posted on this site. See the outfits they let females express themselves with. As WoW has managed to be the only game in this industry trying to oppress women still. (Sylvanas had to have her midriff covered for an example..) It should be player choice for attire. Make the choices. Stop criticizing people, especially women and girls, who are perceived to violate expectations of behavior and appearance. Women are demeaned and degraded into silence. Don't reinforce systemic violence.

Digressed into dresses because I seen a couple. I would like some nice BOE's with all different types of dresses. Cute ones, short ones, ones with slits on the side etc. None of the dresses displayed here have any of this. I thought they might want to actually do some nice things for women. Instead of demonizing all men. That would show more acceptance and tolerance in my eyes. Giving more, positivity, acceptance. It doesn't seem like it's the real message they are trying to portray is it..

Still Tier sets are more important. Tier sets reach a wider audience.
    Im pretty sure that the gear you see here will be for everyone, both men and women. Everyone wears the same stuff in wow. The dress got nothing to do with females/males, you dont obtain gear based on that. Robes = casters.

That said, I too want more customization in wow when it comes to your character and gear. Something they should add in 10.0 to get people back

Good thing they're updating gear that gets replaced within 1 hour (and that by new players without heirlooms) instead of old tier sets that people may actually transmog.

So whats it gonna be now? Bob? Mcrenamed? McCrenamed?

The re texture thing looks cool, but a bit flat if you ask me tho.
    Edit: i reaaaaly hope they bump them up to green quality items *winkwinknudgenudge*

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The armor indeed looks terrible. Did they forget WoW is a 3D game?
    majority of the parts and armors are texture. Some boots, all shoulders, some belts, some gloves and all helmets have some form of 3D model.
    Low lvl gear are more likely to just be textures.

This is how it's been since vanilla.

Although I do agree, I think wow should just implement some bump- and normal-mapping so make these textures look a bit better + they can remove those janky lines.
    Bump and normal mapping doesn't require much unless you pump up the texture resolution for it, but that's not really required for wow.
    Maybe i talk out of my ass on that part as well, but it feels like it's such a standard that I don't think it would impact it so much, even then you can just disable it. :/
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Why does it look as if she has a mindflayer thing from vash stuck to her head. Hope this hair style is still work in progress

That is some gawd-awful generic looking PC shite.

5+ Year Old Account
    Glad I'm not the only who noticed that it basically looks like body paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I am having problems understanding this myself. As for the dresses.. it's not trying to be offensive, but I dislike them. The Overwatch franchise, HOTS can have cute outfits. (Blizzard IPs) Yet a Blizzard game with a subscription is incapable of this? You know exactly the attire people been asking for. This is not it.

Maybe go look at all the competition and I mean all. GW2, FF14, TERA.. even Fortnite from what images people have posted on this site. See the outfits they let females express themselves with. As WoW has managed to be the only game in this industry trying to oppress women still. (Sylvanas had to have her midriff covered for an example..) It should be player choice for attire. Make the choices. Stop criticizing people, especially women and girls, who are perceived to violate expectations of behavior and appearance. Women are demeaned and degraded into silence. Don't reinforce systemic violence.

Digressed into dresses because I seen a couple. I would like some nice BOE's with all different types of dresses. Cute ones, short ones, ones with slits on the side etc. None of the dresses displayed here have any of this. I thought they might want to actually do some nice things for women. Instead of demonizing all men. That would show more acceptance and tolerance in my eyes. Giving more, positivity, acceptance. It doesn't seem like it's the real message they are trying to portray is it..

Still Tier sets are more important. Tier sets reach a wider audience.
    Is there a lack of good non-combat armor? Yup, but it's overall lack of it, not just women armor.
    What WoW has is either armor or robes (robes are not dresses, I'm sure you are aware). If we look at functional armor looks - WoW is not that bad at all. The non-combat RP armor is lacking on all genders and races.

You know this, but if they made all their pieces 3D, things would be too bulky, and if you thing lag is bad now with a lot of players in screed, just wait until you have a dozen players all with 13-14 fully 3D items equipped.

it's another try to woke something? Human Warrior boots too sexy? Or ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe wow's art style just isnt for me but god do these look bland

The revisionism continues.

He will always be McCree to me.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they take down the McCree cinematic and redub it. Actually, they're almost certainly going to do that, given how deep into revisionism Blizzard has gotten over the past 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by snugg View Post
    Can we please get accessories? The nightborne have those potion bottles and flasks attached to their belts, I’ve always wanted!

Cosmetic slot for back, waist, and face/head! For accessories!

I recommend/suggest a cosmetic/accessory slot next to our gear slot, that will allow us to have our main gear per main slot and attach accessories/cosmetics to the main gear slot's gear. That way we can have our cloak and quiver or hat and glasses or belt and object.

I prefer more normal items on the back like rucksacks, backpacks, duffle bags, quivers, and race/culture items like tauren and highmountain tauren totems, hopefully goblin rockets, gnome generator pack, etc. These things are fine for whatever these things are but the immersive, practical, recognizable items are what I look forward to, to really deck out my character in their fantasy.

Back, face, and belt accessories/cosmetics can offer a lot to us and to the game, especially if we have a dedicated accessory/cosmetic slot per those gear slots, that way items, objects, decorations, ornaments, belongings, etc, can hitch to our gear, adorn us along with our gear, rather than replacing/being instead of our gear. It's basically a few extra slots, specific for no-stat adornments that accompany our characters, further enriching/enhancing the fantasy of our toons.
    During the leadup to WoD, we were told we were going to get accessories like quivers for our arrows or pouches on our belts, but then it never happened. The only thing we ever really got were Tauren totems on your back in Legion, and that is an item you use to place a buff on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Renaming McCree is a joke. Nobody outside of hardcore blizzard fans would have even known the name had any connection to the devs. This was done to satisfy a few ultra sensitive people. This name wasn't in honor or some guy, or to dedicate a monument of him but this will satisfy a few people who will claim this as a victory and totally overlook the actual lack of meaningful change. Or the shredding of documents. Or anything. This is just sad.
    That's what happens when you're a Western company that has been converged through the HR department.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Hopefully, it means an expansion in Kalimdor and/or Eastern Kingdoms!

Vanilla zones remastered hype!

I would love to see the old world revamped. In Orgrimmar, have the ugly black iron and spikey architecture that went up during Garrosh' rule be taken down. Revert to the naturalistic look under Thrall's tenure. For Stormwind, add more districts (the canned warrior's district, Night Elf district, Little Pandaria, etc). Revamp Westfall so that farmers are coming back and fixing up their fields. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Template Blizzard uses in their PR 'messages from X game team':
    Gold!

5+ Year Old Account
    What is this armor? Is it for WoW? Looks like old retexture from Vanilla or something. I mean if they would retexture all old robes that are in my transmog wardrobe that could be really nice.

The Overwatch Hero with No Name.

Why does this armor look like body paint lmao

I can appreciate this armor. None of those ridiculous shoulderpads 1 meter in diameter

While I think trying to whitewash a character is stupid and wrong, since McCree is basically a Clint Eastwood ripoff just give him amnesia or something and be The Man With No Name.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialcruzer View Post
    The armor looks like a body painting. Is the preview rendering wrong? Or they want it to look this way?

Its almost like the entire outfit is one giant texture.
    That's because that's exactly what it is. For those who don't know, textures in games are usually laid flat in square images. It's then mapped onto the model. A flat texture looks a bit like someone smeared a person's face onto a flat surface and called it a day.

Until very recently did armor in WoW stop being just flat textures mapped onto the character's body. Apart from some gloves, shoes and a very few select pants, most textures was just bodypaint. Apart from helmets and "robes".
    The reason for this is the limitations of the graphics engine, but they have added additional shapes to gear in later years, starting fully in Legion.

But I agree that something about these new sets seems off and I believe it's because the textures are work in progress. They might be missing some height maps and for some races/genders there might be stretching due not being optimised yet.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-08-27 at 12:54 PM.