Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy... Cancer is coming to timewalking with Legion TW. Yep boosters are comming.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So all of these things currently going on, none of that is impacting these changes? yes that is completely believable and honest.
    i mean, given its going on PTR next week you can be sure it was being worked on or at least discussed before the harassment shitshow happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    "It's actually totally valid and reasonable from a lore POV now even though all the Covenants are fine with one another from literally day 1."

Like, the amount of mental gymnastics they had to go through to justify it in the blue post is legendary. Just say "we fucked up!" Verbalize a long-term change to your design philosophy! It would go a long way to restoring some god damn faith. All this does is reinforce that our relationship with Blizzard is based on the real-life cycle of abuse and that every new patch is a new possibility of an existential threat to the game.
    My favorite was the Venthyr quest where you have to "break" into Bastion, and as soon as you do, there are all the dead Kyrian in the cave (assumingly it was Sires group that did it) you leave the cave and the people of Bastion are like "Draven! You old SoB, how have you been?!"

No need to sneak in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they did the same in 7.1.5...

ffs, did everybody foget that legion started in really bad shape and they started fixing it in 7.1.5?!
    Ah, all forgiven then, based blizzard. Taking aways features that should've been in the game since release and implementing them when they can't get away with it no longer. If there's a precedent, it's ok.

literaly the same thing ("fixing" a lot of players pet peeves) happened in 7.1.5, i guess in legion, one of the most popular expansions so far, exodus must be big too...
    Yes, but they're doing it far sooner and to a far greater extent, and we all know why they're really doing it. The fact that they're blaming this on the lore, even though they have repeatedly shown over the years that they don't give a rat's ass about whether anything makes sense in the lore or not (and their mantra famously being "gameplay first"), shows how stupid they think the players are. They're still too smug and self-centered to just admit they fucked up over the years.

Personally, I don't expect anything to change too much. There are a few gullible ones screeching in joy "hooray they actually listen!" but just reading from this thread alone, I'm happy to see that most people are not buying their shit.

IMO, they will have to make the next expansion REALLY awesome and win a lot of goodwill and trust back from the playerbase. My personal faith in that is rather low, considering that even in this update they can't admit to their fuckups and come up with BS excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

i mean, given its going on PTR next week you can be sure it was being worked on or at least discussed before the harassment shitshow happened...
    this, they plan patches months athead like 4-6 from what i have heared some changes may sliped in like the convanat and conduit changes (they just have to pul a stwich to remove the quest + energie)
    I.O BFA Season 3

ffs, did everybody foget that legion started in really bad shape and they started fixing it in 7.1.5?!
    Oh, that's legit. But at the time, I just could kind of squint and believe that this philosophy in Legion was born of good intentions that ended up being bad implementation. They took too long to fix it, but I got the sense that their core philosophy was informed by what they said they wanted - long term non-gear progression (artifacts) and wanting to make items dropping rarely "feel" like the WoW of old when you could get an epic BOE off a mob or something (legendaries).

Covenants and all the stuff surrounding them were SO transparently bad that everyone told them immediately that it would suck for a year and THEN they fixed all of it at the most crisis-based time possible. It's a far worse look, even if it's a repeat of the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    this, they plan patches months athead like 4-6 from what i have heared some changes may sliped in like the convanat and conduit changes (they just have to pul a stwich to remove the quest + energie)
    You can be sure that the necessary technical stuff to do this was planned from day 1. They're just dropping it sooner.

Covenants were a way to split the game up and give you less content while still enticing you to stay active through a long-term grind. That's how it was constructed and they knew it.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2021-08-27 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Ah, all forgiven then, based blizzard. Taking aways features that should've been in the game since release and implementing them when they can't get away with it no longer. If there's a precedent, it's ok.
    im sorry, did i say its okay?
    bcs all i said is people claiming how they are panicking due to lawsuit and how they must realy lost 99% of subs otherwise they wouldnt do shit like this, yet they already DID shit like this before in one of most popular expansions...
    thats not saying its okay, thats merely pointing out it would sooner or later happened without loss of subs or lawsuit anyhow, as it happened in the past when they were actualy in a good spot...

If I pay someone $50 to mow my lawn and they forget to cut half of my yard so I call them over and over and tell them they fucked up only to be ghosted. Then weeks later they come back make good on the arraignment, I don't look at it with excitement I look at it like... yeah you should've done that to begin with asshole and probably never hire them again.

LEGION M+. If Covenant ripcord was a cake, this is a fucking cherry on top of it. This will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very possible as there was a declining trend before the scandals came out, i am also of opinion that the scandals were merely the final drop in the bucket. The design choices of multiple elements in the game is the core reason why they have lost active players. If the game was enjoyable the scandals would have had less of an impact some people might not like to hear this but i do believe that is really the case.

Now they have a trend of making things easier as the expansion ages, but i do think some parts are added in last minute what exactly that is pure speculation. Meanwhile i have read that they made things like conduits easier to obtain per spec while also introducing a new empowered conduit system.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    eh who knows what all they have to untangle to make it happen, but yeah, this was definitely planed before, might be planned for 9.2 and they made it faster, but surely didnt just get into it after lawsuit...

More varied timewalking is always good, still need that Time Reaver.

Covenant swapping is okay, but I already have all my characters in different covenants I needed so don't really care.

Pretty hyped for legacy raid tuning. There's no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't be able to easily solo legion raids, and maybe even bfa raids. At this point it's still pretty hard to solo mythic guildan. Hopefully that changes in 9.1.5.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baby steps.

No it didn't. It had big flaws, but the rest of the game was so good that it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Very possible as there was a declining trend before the scandals came out
    well ofc there was, there was decline after release of expansion since cata, technicaly before just wasnt visible due to sheer amount of new people coming in...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Pretty hyped for legacy raid tuning.
    im not sure if i misunderstand, but it seems they dont apply legacy tuning to legion raids, just legacy LOOT to bfa, could be both, but afaik legion already have legacy loot without legacy tuning (or is it tuned just terribly broken? i lost track really)

Too little too late. There needs to be way more positive and impactful changes before I even think of coming back.

This is great news for me. Previously I only cared to play alts during 9.0 just to see the different covenant campaigns, but a lot of these changes make me excited to level more alts and even gives me a lot more to do on my current max level characters.

It'll be nice to start grinding out the various transmog and bonus features in other covenants on my main knowing I can switch back to my main covenant at a moment's notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

So basically, no more content this year and some quality of life improvements that should have been included in 9.1