Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    1-2 evenings farming rares and dailies and you'll have the set.
    Or weekly stuff:

- 500 Anima from 9.0 world boss
    - 500 Anima from 9.1 world boss
    - 500 Anima from Korthia weekly chest
    - ~1000 Anima from activities to fill the bar

And you have set. It takes hour max.

Certainly less stroke inducing than spending 40 minutes doing 1 WQ for 7-8k xp.
    On last alt I downloaded auto pilot, turned off brain and just did normal campaign. 10x better experience than threads of fate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Let me guess, you level through dungeons?
    Nah pal, WQ's and quests.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I just realized this means I can get the Kyrian bow on my hunter now (my hunter is Necrolord. Main reason was that I wanted one alt per covenant at the time and already had the other three 'set').

I know this stuff is minor changes really but this shit is the stuff that I thrive on and will keep me busy for a good while.

Also in regards to Torghast, it does tickle some deep part of my brain that grinding in the open world doesn't. Though ask me again once I level some alts...

I really hope they remove or make Grateful Offerings buyable.

Same with the Souls you get.

7+ Year Old Account
    For Offerings i'd be fine if they just increased the drop amount.

I'd rather they get rid of souls entirely, they are the only reason as to why my sanctum isn't fully upgraded.
    I just can't be arsed farming them.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by sondrelk View Post
    why do people still believe that guy is in the know more than the next streamer?

He might have been told something once or twice way back, but since then his predictions have either been obvious or flat out wrong.

You cannot claim to be a prophet if your predictions are all so vague as to be pointless.
    Claiming 9.1.5 will have more positive changes means absolutely nothing. Pretty much any need or addition would be a positive change.
    sup my dude how is reality today
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    What do you want me to say? The sky was predicted to be blue and lo and behold so it was. Truly a prophet.

Saying the next patch will have content players want is like saying the next patch will have tuning. Or that a new expansion will have a dungeon most players will enjoy. It's about as hollow a prediction as going out in the streets and loudly declaring that a politician will go back on a promise he made during election.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's a good announcement.

Of course there is still a bitter feeling of "why the fuck we had to go through all this shit to begin with?", but I'm a 16 years long WoW player so I'm used to that anyway.

I just hope they will deliver on a very good 9.2 and a VERY VERY good 10.0, game needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also communicating with playerbase... dayum, you ok there buddies?

What he said turned out to be exactly true. So I don't know what you're saying. The prediction you made was vague and obvious. Anyone could have said it. You don't have inside knowledge until you show you do. Your statements have been exactly either obvious (9.1.5) or wrong (9.1).

For Offerings i'd be fine if they just increased the drop amount.

I'd rather they get rid of souls entirely, they are the only reason as to why my sanctum isn't fully upgraded.
    I just can't be arsed farming them.
    Farming souls is fine, it's the weekly cap on them that is annoying. Especially now that you can swap covenants quickly (and believe me, I will) Souls will be the main roadblock preventing easy progress through the rewards tiers.

For those wanting the best and most optimal abilities this shouldnt really matter, but when a big seeling point of this change is the removal of transmog and cosmetic restrictions I feel souls to be the one thing really holding it back.

Not sure why you would really need more offerings. More souls would in a way give more offerings by itself. With just rank 2 anima streamer you get like 13 each day, which is enough for one cosmetic item, plus a second every 4 days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What do you want me to say? The sky was predicted to be blue and lo and behold so it was. Truly a prophet.

Saying the next patch will have content players want is like saying the next patch will have tuning. Or that a new expansion will have a dungeon most players will enjoy. It's about as hollow a prediction as going out in the streets and loudly declaring that a politician will go back on a promise he made during election.
    Hey man, internet gaming personalities need every ounce of "ha ha I was right!" to stay valid these days.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could also be something only technically true.

Like a world revamp could mean only cursory changes to zones, and no actual new zones and big changes like what cata had.
    If it doesn't include removing all the terrible 2010 pop culture references what's the point?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well it's a good announcement.

Of course there is still a bitter feeling of "why the fuck we had to go through all this shit to begin with?", but I'm a 16 years long WoW player so I'm used to that anyway.

I just hope they will deliver on a very good 9.2 and a VERY VERY good 10.0, game needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also communicating with playerbase... dayum, you ok there buddies?
    Probably because if we got this from the start then there would be nothing to that could be improved further in the expansion to give that retention boost.
    If everything here was added from the beginning then we would simply have something else to complain about, and it might not be as easy to change.

Pretty much the argument for why flying should never be added from the beginning in its current state. If we had full freedom from the moment go then it might be exciting for maybe a week, and then there wouldnt be anything to look forward to in that sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it doesn't include removing all the terrible 2010 pop culture references what's the point?
    I suppose you are right. How am I supposed to know I am playing WoW if a zone that should be an interesting dive into lore doesnt end up copying scenes from Indiana Jones.
    Crazy talk is what it is.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi, haven't see you here since 9.1 launched in August.

Oh wait, that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Hi, haven't see you here since 9.1 launched in August.

Oh wait, that never happened.
    June would be optimistic. Still June..ish. What can I say TBC messed up a lot of the timing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    What he said turned out to be exactly true. So I don't know what you're saying. The prediction you made was vague and obvious. Anyone could have said it. You don't have inside knowledge until you show you do. Your statements have been exactly either obvious (9.1.5) or wrong (9.1).
    Vague and obvious yet all I heard from customization posts was 9.1.5 jokes on how bad it is. Y'all just need to realize I'm the truth.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because if we got this from the start then there would be nothing to that could be improved further in the expansion to give that retention boost.
    If everything here was added from the beginning then we would simply have something else to complain about, and it might not be as easy to change.

Pretty much the argument for why flying should never be added from the beginning in its current state. If we had full freedom from the moment go then it might be exciting for maybe a week, and then there wouldnt be anything to look forward to in that sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose you are right. How am I supposed to know I am playing WoW if a zone that should be an interesting dive into lore doesnt end up copying scenes from Indiana Jones.
    Crazy talk is what it is.
    You know I was thinking Redridge when I wrote that but yeah also Uldum, and for that matter can we just tear out all of Hillsbrad and start it over?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Vague and obvious yet all I heard from customization posts was 9.1.5 jokes on how bad it is. Y'all just need to realize I'm the truth.
    I'm amazed you can manage to type out a post while sucking your own dick that hard. See you next posting session for when you """""predict"""" something is going to be "soon" and then jerk off about it happening at any point between 1 and 52 weeks from that point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm amazed you can manage to type out a post while sucking your own dick that hard.
    I think he is baiting.

Because some of y'all clearly need to calm down a bit (like, really, there's enough negativity going around already, get a grip), here's that thing 1-2 people wanted yesterday or so regarding 'mystery content'. Still a WIP as I'm only listing things from memory without actually going through patches/message history yet. Will probably expand on it this weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-C8XWzbu8H30k/

Although you have been proven correct on this particular guess, you still seem a little confused as to what constitutes a sufficient body of evidence. This seems more analogous to the Barnum Effect; the effect when an observer applies a vague and generalized statement, and then mistakenly believes it is a narrow and specific statement that is personally-tailored to them. In a similar way, you've made a statement that is vague and generalized, yet circumstances have proven sufficient to lend credit to what little was said. The only options are that the patch would be good, bad, or mediocre. A one-in-three likelihood of being correct is pretty weighed in your favor, especially given outside intervention and circumstances.

This is credit to you, but your track record remains heavily blemished and I doubt this is enough to provide sufficient credit to your statements to an extent that you could be considered credible.