Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I don't think you understand how this really plays out in other nations, and by other nations I mean European ones since supposedly relations with US allies were ruined by Trump...but except for Europe, supposedly, it didn't really seem to matter with Asian countries or Canada or even FUCKING Mexico where contrary to the bullshit we were hearing.

Yeah Trump was heavily disliked, but the impact that actually had on how relations worked was rather small, except really for the tit for tat tarrif war.

The closest things that Trump did that damaged relations were pulling out of Syria, or trying to, in a stupid way, and murdering Soleimani especially in how these things were handled: No NATO allies were not happy to have Trump tweeting he would withdraw from Syria at the behest of Erdogan then doing a backflip, also NATO allies, who have troops in Iraq where rather angry the US assassinated a top Iranian general without them being informed in any way.

Compared to what Biden just pulled off over the last couple of months? Insignificant. I'd rather say Biden has presided over the second biggest fuck up in US foreign policy in the last twenty years, in terms of how it will affect relations that is. ( I'd call invading Iraq, Libya and Syria interventions as the worst decisions but they didn't quite affect relations as badly ).

The biggest? Bush torturing people at CIA black sites in allied countries. Him doing that based on the goodwill US allies showed after 9/11 enraged a great deal of people.

Biden fucking up the withdrawal in such a major way in a war that virtually allAmerican allies have fought in? That is a disaster.
    ROFLMAO, Trump wasn't bad except I will go on now and minimize every foreign policy fuck up he did. Here is a fact neither the EU or US care about Afghanistan. Everyone knew this was a fail decades ago. Trump being a unstable nut bag and trying to overthrow his government that is a long term credibility damage. At the end of the day stability is key and we have lost the illusion of that.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2021-08-27 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sarandon-Stein Court strikes again.

Supreme Court lifts Biden administration's moratorium on evictions, ending protections for millions of people who have fallen behind on rent payments during pandemic. Court's three liberals dissent.

Also Korematsu 3.0; they uphold the "remain in Mexico" policy for asylum seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The Sarandon-Stein Court strikes again.

Supreme Court lifts Biden administration's moratorium on evictions, ending protections for millions of people who have fallen behind on rent payments during pandemic. Court's three liberals dissent.

Also Korematsu 3.0; they uphold the "remain in Mexico" policy for asylum seekers.
    This was expected. Sad, but expected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO, Trump wasn't bad except I will go on now and minimize every foreign policy fuck up he did. Here is a fact neither the EU or US care about Afghanistan. Everyone knew this was a fail decades ago. Trump being a unstable nut bag and trying to overthrow his government that is a long term credibility damage. At the end of the day stability is key and we have lost the illusion of that.
    I am going to let you in on a little secret.

No one gives a flying fuck about America's internal problems, or your domestic politics, we care about things that affect us.

Virtually all of NATO deployed troops to fight in Afghanistan, if you honestly believe no one cares about the fact we spent twenty years with NOTHING to show for it except piles of dead and the Taliban taking over again your sir are in Wonderland. All the soldiers you've seen from the US that are furious over this whole affair? Think of that but on a NATO level and include governments, military leadership and so on.

But sure, let's talk about January 6th, You think any European leader gives a flying fuck when they go to bed about that, or do you think they care over the fact they have citizens in Afghanistan that they can't get out because Biden royally messed it up.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-08-27 at 05:22 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

No one gives a flying fuck about America's internal problems, or your domestic politics, we care about things that affect us.

Virtually all of NATO deployed troops to fight in Afghanistan, if you honestly believe no one cares about the fact we spent twenty years with NOTHING to show for it except piles of dead and the Taliban taking over again your sir are in Wonderland.

But sure, let's talk about January 6th, You think any European leader gives a flying fuck when they go to bed about that, or do you think they care over the fact they have citizens in Afghanistan that they can't get out because Biden royally messed it up.
    You wouldn't think that, going by these forums.

How many foreign trolls, bots, and shitposters have lined to to talk about America's internal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

How many foreign trolls, bots, and shitposters have lined to to talk about America's internal issues?
    Only shortsighted fuckwits don't worry about what's happening internally with America since it often has potential for far-reaching worldwide implications. So it's no surprise they're claiming they don't.

Virtually all of NATO deployed troops to fight in Afghanistan, if you honestly believe no one cares about the fact we spent twenty years with NOTHING to show for it except piles of dead and the Taliban taking over again your sir are in Wonderland. All the soldiers you've seen from the US that are furious over this whole affair? Think of that but on a NATO level and include governments, military leadership and so on.
    So are you suggesting that they somehow still thought there was a path to victory in Afghanistan right up until this month when we left? And that this was a sudden and unexpected and terrible betrayal despite having been announced over a year prior?

Don't be absurd. Everyone knew Afghanistan was a lost cause years ago. I guarantee, nobody is surprised or angry or betrayed that we left (except probably the Afghans themselves who will inevitably suffer until the Taliban's rule). Any grievances they have about it are going to be about the last twenty years, not the last twenty days.

7+ Year Old Account

Are you seriously comparing forum posts on a MMO forum or twitter to how governments and heads of state deal with affairs? Really now?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So are you suggesting that they somehow still thought there was a path to victory in Afghanistan right up until this month when we left? And that this was a sudden and unexpected and terrible betrayal despite having been announced over a year prior?

Don't be absurd. Everyone knew Afghanistan was a lost cause years ago. I guarantee, nobody is surprised or angry or betrayed that we left (except probably the Afghans themselves who will inevitably suffer until the Taliban's rule). Any grievances they have about it are going to be about the last twenty years, not the last twenty days.
    A lot of people understood Afghanistan wasn't winnable, at least not how it was fought for almost twenty years.

Still losing a twenty year old conflict in which virtually all of America allies fought, in one of the top 3 most expensive wars the US has ever fought ( Iraq and WW2 were more expensive, WW2 by a factor of 4 ), especially HOW it was lost with the Afghan government collapsing even before the US withdrew in 10 days after the fall of the first provincial capital? Couple that with an absolutely disastrous withdrawal?

Yeah that's going to have enormous consequences globally for the United States.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-08-27 at 06:59 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

I think the problem with Afghanistan was not that it was forever doomed to be a lost cause, but that you'd need a good 50 years to transform it into self-sufficient functioning state led by moderates.

You'd need to go full blown colonial power project there and the costs both human and otherwise would be insurmountable with result not guaranteed either. Then of course, even with all that - there is bigger fish to hunt growing to the east.

Are you seriously comparing forum posts on a MMO forum or twitter to how governments and heads of state deal with affairs? Really now?
    I had no idea you wee a foreign head of state.

You said:

Shall we roll the tape on all the people from Europe whom you swear do not care? The Brexit Burner alone is responsible for several hundred accounts that have been banned.

How about the countless EU accounts that lied about being an American, whilst spamming racist nonsense in the Trump threads?

Or, would you like me to link all your started threads? For a guy who swears he doesn't give a shit, you seem to have a lot of shits to give. Literally, almost every single one of the threads you started, is about America, many of which are internal issues.

Shit, your literal existence in all these threads proves me right, and proves you a liar.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-08-27 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the countless EU accounts that lied about being an American, whilst spamming racist nonsense in the Trump threads?

Or, would you like me to link all your started threads? For a guy who swears he doesn't give a shit, you seem to have a lot of shits to give.
    I mean you have prospect mental patients running amok round these parts for years. nothing new there.

IMO, though, much of the "care" about US when it comes from foreigners like us is not "Red vs Blue" or whatever imbecile or incompetent fool you put in the office next, but ultimately how this shit will affect us. That much is true.

Besides, you guys like tossing your dirty laundry around, so no surprise it gets discussed by non-American citizens.

The first person I have been instructed to call on
    Joe Biden pretending to take questions when he calls on prescreened people. Look how off the rails he went when doocy asked non prepared questions. Whose pulling the strings since Biden can only have preprepared answers?

7+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea you wee a foreign head of state.
    I had no idea your reading comprehension was that poor that you make such a statement.

You believe Macron, Merkel and their likes sit there and worry about say America's healthcare situation ( as an example )? Macron is worrying about the fact Le Pen could win in the next presidential election while Merkel is busy with the upcoming election that's happening in September.

None of them cares about America's issues with pipelines for instance, or native rights, or LGBT affairs or BLM unless it impacts their countries.

Or, would you like me to link all your started threads? For a guy who swears he doesn't give a shit, you seem to have a lot of shits to give. Literally, almost every single one of the threads you started, is about America, many of which are internal issues.
    I am no politician nor do I speak for anyone but myself, but even my personal interest is driven largely by foreign policy concerns and how America's foreign policy affects the world: Specifically I started following American politics after the disasters of Libya and Syria, which had enormous consequences for Europe ( refugee crisis ). I got involved in following American politics to try and figure which person would take over that hopefully wouldn't escalate things in Syria.

After that? Well my main concern these days is US vs China. I couldn't care if it was the orange clown or the blue donkey in charge and hell I am the exception: The vast overwhelming majority of people couldn't give a crap. All the Trump stuff when he was president? Irrelevant in the eyes of many except to call him a dumbass.

This is something you Americans need to grasp: Yeah we follow your events and your very loud and powerful media, but if you think any of it really is important to us: Then No. No matter how much Americans think their country is the center of the universe that's not how it is.

This is why Afghanistan is important to us: Because it directly affects our countries: We all sent troops, we all paid in blood and we all had citizens that we are now desperately trying to evacuate from that shithole.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-08-27 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean you have prospect mental patients running amok round these parts for years. nothing new there.

IMO, though, much of the "care" about US when it comes from foreigners like us is not "Red vs Blue" or whatever imbecile or incompetent fool you put in the office next, but ultimately how this shit will affect us. That much is true.

Besides, you guys like tossing your dirty laundry around, so no surprise it gets discussed by non-American citizens.
    That's utter bullshit, especially coming from known Trumpster shills.

That other poster has started dozens of Trump threads, so it's not as if he's simply accidentally stepped into it. It's all he does. I mean, he's welcome to weigh in, but attempting to swear he doesn't care, when he's literally one of the most common foreign commenters on American issues, simply shows just how disingenuous he is.

We're well past pretending you guys are simply some "unbiased" bystanders, who feel like offering an outside perspective. Nobody has bought that bullshit line for years.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-08-27 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Joe Biden pretending to take questions when he calls on prescreened people.
    As already noted: Having a list of people to call on is extremely standard for press conferences. It doesn't mean the people called on know this or that they'll ask softballs - they didn't.

Look how off the rails he went when doocy asked non prepared questions.
    Yeah, Biden just stuck to the script! He's terrible!

Wait...he also called on conservative media and didn't take their bullshit loaded questions?

So is he bad for being a "teleprompter guy" or bad for "going off script"? Or both?

Whose pulling the strings since Biden can only have preprepared answers?
    That's not a thing. This is just a conservative fantasy to fuel their hate-boners.

I had no idea your reading comprehension was that poor that you make such a statement.

You believe Macron, Merkel and their likes sit there and worry about say America's healthcare situation? Macron is worrying about the fact Le Pen could win in the next presidential election while Merkel is busy with the upcoming election.

None of them cares about America's issues with pipelines for instance, or native rights, or LGBT affairs or BLM unless it impacts their countries.

I am no politician nor do I speak for anyone but myself, but even my personal interest is driven largely by foreign policy concerns: Specifically I started following American politics after the disasters of Libya and Syria, which had enormous consequences for Europe ( refugee crisis ). I got involved in following American politics to try and figure which person would take over that hopefully wouldn't escalate things in Syria.
    I was even nice enough to highlight it for you. You chose to speak in the first person. Shall I point it out, again?

Considering your long list of started threads, this is a lie that was already revealed.

And since you already got caught lying, I can simply respond with... I do not believe you.

If it's not important to you, then why are almost all of your comments on exactly that issue?

You have 2500 comments, and about 70-75 threads, almost all of which are about American politics.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-08-27 at 07:14 PM.

I've yet to see a compelling argument for how Afghanistan departure could have been significantly better. I imagine it could have been better, but some on the right are acting like it could have been perfect without any trouble, damage, or dying. Or that somehow the Taliban would cease to exist and not try to take over.

Seems like they are just living in a fantasy world so they can enjoy attacking Biden. Or even worse, some just want to occupy the country indefinitely.

Joe Biden pretending to take questions when he calls on prescreened people. Look how off the rails he went when doocy asked non prepared questions. Whose pulling the strings since Biden can only have preprepared answers?
    So, is it scripted, or not?

Make up your mind.

who cares. this sort of behavior was pathetic from neurotic liberal opinion piece writers during Trump's presidency and it's just as pathetic when you do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was even nice enough to highlight it for you. You chose to speak in the first person. Shall I point it out, again?

Considering your long list of started threads, this is a lie that was already revealed.

And since you already got caught lying, I can simply respond with... I do not believe you.
    A poster on a forum caring about American affairs does not equal the Romanian or Israeli or Russia or Dutch governments caring about those affairs.

Is that hard to comprehend? Probably for the center of the universe folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I've yet to see a compelling argument for how Afghanistan departure could have been significantly better. I imagine it could have been better, but some on the right are acting like it could have been perfect without any trouble, damage, or dying. Or that somehow the Taliban would cease to exist and not try to take over.

Seems like they are just living in a fantasy world so they can enjoy attacking Biden. Or even worse, some just want to occupy the country indefinitely.
    A few ways:

- Withdraw during winter when the fighting season in Afghanistan isn't occurring, Biden withdrew during the middle of the fighting season.
    - Provide around the clock air support to Afghani military forces from aircraft carriers and Qatar.
    - Ensure proper maintenance for the Afghan Air Force and help train and protect their pilots better. One of the big reasons the Afghan military folded was because their pilots and aircraft couldn't support the ground forces due to these issues.
    - Increase military supplies to Afghanistan
    - Make agreements with third party countries so they step to provide support to Afghanistan. The US is withdrawing from Iraq for instance, NATO is not.
    - Evacuate the people that helped you fight the war, that are on Taliban kill lists BEFORE you withdraw military troops. Recommend American citizens leave the country before the withdrawal starts.
    - Have a plan to evacuate all the above, not making it up as you go after shits hits the fan.
    - When the military, national security advisers and intelligence community ALL tell you Afghanistan will fall quickly: LISTEN TO THEM.

There's a whole list of things Biden could have done. He did in an extremely crappy and short sighted way, that quite literally blew up in his face.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-08-27 at 07:22 PM.