Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "They're doing the right stuff! I will now use that, as prove that they are doing the wrong stuff".

This thread, man...

Can't wait until the last patch of the expansion for all the systems to be working as they should've been since the start.

Meh. Weak stuff. No change in direction just minimal bribes and bandaids. Acting like they just received feedback too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    If they listened to players at the start then a year later they wouldn't be able to do stuff like this to get their subs back and .... claim they care and are making changes. Truth is, they probably planned this patch a year ago, they always leave these "Big quality of life" patches for when subs start to go down

"hey look at us, we care see... see? don't you see? even though it's everything you wanted a year ago this is us... showing you we're trying"
    They are not getting any subs back from me or my wife or any of my close friends who were paying for years until they go free to play or buy to play or make it a good game again.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I don't want extra grind from a pointless resource that comes from everywhere solely designed to gate you... this shouldnt be hard to grasp...
    can you read?! how the HELL is renown "extra grind"

you get renown from M+ and raid, which you already said you run anyway...
    you will literaly get renown while gearing up... which you HAVE TO DO ANYWAY, unless you gear up by boosting and AH, in which case screw you

before you will be geared enough to raid mythic you will be definitely on current renown cap, or at worst almost on it, you literaly dont have to do anything else other than things you ALREADY HAVE TO DO for gear...
    you would have to be EXTREMELY lucky to get geared enough for mythic raid before you get your renown close to current cap...

like i understand if you have issue with soul ash as that is from different activity, but renown is literaly side reward from activities you already do...

I mean. This looks like a good start back in the right direction? I'll give Blizz some props at least. Still a long way to go though.

This is it? This is not enough. Make upgrading conduits cheaper. Lower resources needed to upgrade rank 1-4 legendaries. 15 crafts for every rank is ridiculous. Unlock archivist on alts if you have it at 6 on main character or make items bought BoA. And many other needed changes I cant think of right now.

This is clearly them trying to hold as much subs as they can. Pathetic patch. All these should be available on launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever seen the meme "Break in case of emergency"

This is 1 of those.

Well what do you know. People start leaving and the media starts finally painting a game as the WoW replacement and suddenly changes that should have happened in the beta are beginning.

Boy you know some higher ups are just sizzling that "the players didn't understand our vision" but hey if the wowfugee exodus finally gives them a sharp kick up the ass to make them lose the "we are too big too fail" mentality so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    This is clearly them trying to hold as much subs as they can.
    well... yeah? like with every other patch... thats literaly point of patches, to keep people playing and paying...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I didn't interpret it that way at all. The way I interpreted it was legion started off just as poorly but via fixes and quality of life changes everyone forgot that it was really shit too. I'm afraid the same things going to happen in SL the same way people look at Legion as some sort of god tier expansion when over half of it was dog dick
    Aside from all contextual differences, Legion had 7.3 to be further redeemed (plus there were tier sets and a lot of class flavor). SL won't have that luxury

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    "They're doing the right stuff! I will now use that, as prove that they are doing the wrong stuff".

This thread, man...
    you must be new to mmo champ forums lol

Some players should really think about DELETING the game and do something else in their lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Aside from all contextual differences, Legion had 7.3 to be further redeemed (plus there were tier sets and a lot of class flavor). SL won't have that luxury
    while you have that crystal ball out can you give me lotery numbers?

They finally found that ripcord, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are not getting any subs back from me or my wife or any of my close friends who were paying for years until they go free to play or buy to play or make it a good game again.
    I don't believe you =D

freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na

Quote Originally Posted by Archey01 View Post
    freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na
    i realy dont get it what people see in FF, i tried it and downloading it took me more time than geting bored of it...

As expected, there is a lot of negativity in the community, including from this site, but these changes are absolutely positive. Regardless of the reason why they're happening, the game is much better off with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ever seen the meme "Break in case of emergency"

This is 1 of those.
    1 of those? More like half a dozen of those. It definitely feels desperate, but I'm not going to complain