Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I wonder how many times I've heard this kind of line from them, over the years?
    They should probably do less hoping and more thinking. More negativity in the dojo would also help suppress the unwarranted optimism.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    lol I love you fine young men and women of MMO. Cya for the 9.2 stuff
    Let me save you the trouble:
    "They're gonna make some changes to the stuff you guys have been complaining about." You should probably go ahead and tweet that now though, rather than waiting to predict something is gonna happen after the devs have already announced it or the community has already narrowed it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Because some of y'all clearly need to calm down a bit (like, really, there's enough negativity going around already, get a grip), here's that thing 1-2 people wanted yesterday or so regarding 'mystery content'. Still a WIP as I'm only listing things from memory without actually going through patches/message history yet. Will probably expand on it this weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-C8XWzbu8H30k/
    Kalimdor map is pretty hype.

So far it's campaign skip for alts, free covenant and conduit swapping, Legion timewalking, and some new customization options for a few races. So far, I'm not impressed. I see 0 reason to return in 9.1.5 currently.

This patch to me looks like a patch that will make people happy if they already like and play Shadowlands but have some issues with it. None of this is bringing back the millions who left. Full patch notes might prove me wrong but it's looking like it's the long haul wait for 9.2 for those of us with actual standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Kalimdor map is pretty hype.
    Could be a very simple dev test, haven't looked if there's actually something there that's interesting yet.

So far it's campaign skip for alts, free covenant and conduit swapping, Legion timewalking, and some new customization options for a few races. So far, I'm not impressed. I see 0 reason to return in 9.1.5 currently.

This patch to me looks like a patch that will make people happy if they already like and play Shadowlands but have some issues with it. None of this is bringing back the millions who left. Full patch notes might prove me wrong but it's looking like it's the long haul wait for 9.2 for those of us with actual standards.
    9.2 isn't going to bring back anyone who dislikes Shadowlands either, and Blizz knows it. It's a matter of when they'll show 10.0.

They should just make threads of fate 1-60 and allow you to level up in Shadowlands from the start. If people wanna do Torghast leveling 1-60 let them do it. But probably too hard to implement for a minor patch. Who cares.

9.2 isn't going to bring back anyone who dislikes Shadowlands either, and Blizz knows it. It's a matter of when they'll show 10.0.
    No point speculating like this when we know nothing about 9.2. It certainly could. My hype for 10.0 is pretty deflated at this point. It could ruin way more things than it fixes, as is usual with their newer expansions.

None of this is bringing back the millions who left. Full patch notes might prove me wrong but it's looking like it's the long haul wait for 9.2 for those of us with actual standards.
    Well, what would get those "with actual standards" back to the game, in your opinion?

So, personal opinion on the datamined Galakrond's Fall map after looking at it; given that there are no Dragonshrines and no Galakrond corpse, I figure this is actually for some kind of flashback to when the Aspects killed Galakrond.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-08-27 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, what would get those "with actual standards" back to the game, in your opinion?
    A good game.

A good game.
    That's a vague statement and adds nothing to your criticism. Critique is only valid if you can present points in your favor and exact criteria for improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate would be a better word but even haters or the most vocal ones are going to be curious. Its in their nature.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's a vague statement and adds nothing to your criticism. Critique is only valid if you can present points in your favor and exact criteria for improvement.
    Imagine actually believing someone needs to write out some in-depth essay on why Shadowlands is garbage at this point in time when actual reality has proved it without a shadow of a doubt. Lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine actually believing someone needs to write out some in-depth essay on why Shadowlands is garbage at this point in time when actual reality has proved it without a shadow of a doubt. Lol.
    Well, you're the guy who just called anyone who is playing SL as having no standards. Also "good game" means nothing, because a good WoW expansion means to some players no flying, removal of LFR/xmog etc. That's what he meant.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-27 at 08:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If they actually add +XP heirlooms I would probably resub for a bit, just to get my characters to 60 in case a further patch or expansion is actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, you're the guy who just called anyone who is playing SL as having no standards. Also "good game" means nothing, because a good WoW expansion means to some players no flying, removal of LFR/xmog etc. That's what he meant.
    Alright, fine, fine. I'll elaborate.

Listen. This is it right here. You ready?

Romanceable lore characters. BOOM.

7+ Year Old Account

WoW characters body pillows are that way --->
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    WoW characters body pillows are that way --->
    Stop giving them ideas. Next thing we'll get in-game body Sylvanas body pillows tied to the next 6-month subscription.

Eesh. The last thing WoW needs is a rep bar to increase until a sex falls out.

That is more reason to write a good critique. Saying the game is bad is just adding more crap on top of the giant pile. Whereas a good critique will inherently make the product better.

A bad critique has no value. It's only purpose is to be negative, and nothing of value is gained by reading it.
    A good critique does have inherent value. Someone reading it can come to a better understanding of what makes the product bad, or better still why something is good or even great by comparison.

So if you ever feel the need to criticise something, ask yourself whether what you are saying will actually make a positive difference overall, or whether you are just adding more shit on top of the pile.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account