Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No black hair. No blond hair. Nightborne faces still look botched, no heritage armor, no message about the incoherent and confusing story -- just your regular QOL changes.

Too little too late. Also note how this shit is still tied to min-maxing something [renown], [mains], etc..

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    This is objectively the wrong way of looking at subscription based softwares, especially games.
    You're paying a fee based on general expectations and past positive experiences. You're also expecting timely fixes and QoL improvements as is the case with any software out there.
    No rational human being out there is paying for a game thinking to themselves "oh yea, i'm going to give them my money because their software has problems". Every rational human being instead would be thinking to themselves "i'm going to give them my money for this product, which has problems, but only because I expect them to fix said problems in a respectable manner".
    I'm curious what made you say what you did say, it would be really interesting to me as a case study if you really meant the "You're paying Blizzard to play the game the way they make it though" bit. That logic only applies to 20-60$ single purchase games where you know exactly what you're getting for your buck.

That would still be wrong.

The software doesn't have issues.

You're paying blizzard to get exactly what they give you, and it's not like they hide that from you.

It would be like you going to a restaurant, ordering just a burger, and then complaining for your drink and fries, because you paid for the burger so you should get them.

The game plays just fine. There's no actual flaws with the game, nothing is hindering people.

Are there questionable design choices, sure. But that's not an actual flaw/issue that stops you from being able to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    We have won Brothers! 8 months tolate but better late than never iguess

https://www.wowhead.com/news/players...-pulled-323935
    This is going to sound very negative but we should give Blizzard no credit whatsoever for finally performing these changes. These were changes that had been asked for since the Beta, have been problems since release, and only now are applying the update to placate players after taking almost a year to release the X.1 patch and with the X.2 patch delayed. To use a Bellularism, I'm not going to thank someone for taking the dick out of my salad, I'm only going to ask why it was there in the first place.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Not taking a fucking year to do it?

Not creating systems that are a barrier rather than a benefit in the first place?
    This.

The problem with Shadowlands is baked into it’s entire core. There are too many systems and the ramping up is too slow.

All these changes won’t entirely fix the game and make the game popular again. But at least they will make the game a lot less painful to play.

We can usually put up with a lot of crap before we finally put down the game and move on but the content drought meant we have to keep looking and dealing with the issues in our faces. And it got tiring real fast.

All great changes. Should have been from the start, especially covenant and pvp starting gear scaling, but all great.

Only thing left is to be able to gain soul ash from m+/raid/arena/bgs and expac can be genuinely great.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    This is going to sound very negative but we should give Blizzard no credit whatsoever for finally performing these changes. These were changes that had been asked for since the Beta, have been problems since release, and only now are applying the update to placate players after taking almost a year to release the X.1 patch and with the X.2 patch delayed. To use a Bellularism, I'm not going to thank someone for taking the dick out of my salad, I'm only going to ask why it was there in the first place.
    Then I'd ask Bellular if 100 fans of your game all need to bee 100% appeased 100% and f the time how would you make the game if they want 200 things that can't exist in the same game?

Also answers that result in you don't ae immediately wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yet here you are, still hanging around at a forum dedicated to the "anus ooze". gj buddy
    Protip, there's more to this forum than WoW and the relevant topic was on the front page, not on page 55 where you have to go out of your way to see, but I guess you can't comprehend that.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Protip, there's more to this forum than WoW and the relevant topic was on the front page, not on page 55 where you have to go out of your way to see, but I guess you can't comprehend that.
    If people are here for other topics they dont have to post in every single wow topic or any wow topics then, crazy thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    If people are here for other topics they dont have to post in every single wow topic or any wow topics then, crazy thought.

Read what you just said, then analyze it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Transmogrification Linking
    Show off your complete transmog outfit to chat or online by easily sharing a link to it from the Dressing Room. Players will be able to mouse over these items to see how they can be collected, if they’ve already collected the appearance, or if it’s an appearance that is accessible to the character viewing it.

Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules
    Legacy loot rules will be enabled for players at level 60 in all Battle for Azeroth raids and dungeons, causing encounters to drop the number of items as they would randomly drop for a 5-player dungeon party or a 20-player raid.

those 2 things made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Read what you just said, then analyze it.
    Read what I just said, then analyze it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too little too late, but the direction is good. Did they really just realize that forcing people into timegated superboring shit AND making it a mandatory replay on alts was a fucking good way to actually END players' subs instead of making it longer? LOL

Shadowpriests should scream loud with the balance-druids for new forms, like: Now X)

I'm going to whine about Velf getting five "natural hair colors" and those ending up being three shades of blonde and two orange.
    What about black, white and brown?

Very shallow and meaningless changes. Throwing scraps at people.. Almost textbook KGB.

Too little too late indeed.

pretty weak damage control.
    the people who think blizzard is actually changing, think again.
    this is a PR stunt to try to salvage the hemoraging MAU numbers.
    they did not do this for the players, they did this for profit retention. if they were not in a public investigation for being dummies, this patch would not be happening as is.
    This is a blatant slap in the face to all current players as it just shows they design this game to string people along like stupid sheep rather than provide a good product that is fun first and foremost.

Blizzard is done, all the talent has left already. they might as well just be called Activision now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Then I'd ask Bellular if 100 fans of your game all need to bee 100% appeased 100% and f the time how would you make the game if they want 200 things that can't exist in the same game?
    Anyone making that kind of argument is pretty obviously not trying to be constructive; obviously no one is saying every player needs appeased all the time. This is about Blizzard knowingly adding in features that players loudly exclaim will be a problem in the beta, clearly articulating why this is the case in the complaints, Blizzard saying that the players simply don't have the big picture in mind and that things will work out, and then things not working out. It's about this happening for 3 expansions over the course of 1/2 a decade (i.e.: Legion legendaries, Azerite armor, Covenant swapping, to name a few) and the type of feedback provided still being dismissed even though every single time the complaints have borne out as players said they would. All that has happened is, once again, Blizzard has admitted that systems and decisions they have made, which had been broadly criticized by the community, were bad ideas and are attempting to rectify their mistakes. They do not get to make these mistakes again and again and again and receive praise for it.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2021-08-28 at 09:08 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

if these changes came 4 months ago, maybe my guild would still be playing

So let's summarize this patch.

Good things (at least for me):
    - Legion M+ TW sounds really cool but will be probably totally inbalanced and only 2 weeks

'Whatever' QoL changes or typical balancing:
    - New customisations (totally irrelevant for me)
    - Transmog linking
    - Reducing gap in PvP gear which is horrible decision imho (as a well geared player you should stomp scrubs)
    - Allied Race unlocks
    - Talent and Ability Improvements
    - Alt Leveling Improvements
    - Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules

Aritificial barriers/limitations that were begged to be removed by players since long time (and some of them even from SL alpha) and now they decided to push them as 'feature':
    - Conduits and all things related to them
    - Maw Introduction Skippable
    - Island Expeditions - Queue Solo or with a Party
    - Additional Travel Points in the Maw
    - Remote Anima Turn Ins
    - 100% drop rate of Runecarving Recipes

BUT
    I see one really, really good thing.
    I do not know if this is only because all the hits Blizzard took recently...
    Something changed with their approach to community... in VERY positive way.
    Hopefully they will stick to this in the future with more interactions with players.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-08-28 at 09:15 AM.

Maybe a couple more lawsuits will make them fire these garbage devs and writers and they'll finally make another good expansion.