10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think that much of it just par the course. Not the first they do something like this. Defeat? More like set up faux excitement during the drought.

They sort of do this shit all the time - create a rigid system with restrictions/grind and then over time with patches relax it, it's like adding new options without really doing much new stuff.

It's really an old stunt. It's a good stunt that works, but it's just a trick.
    There is actually someone on twitter via Blizzard that did admit wrongdoing FYI. Its also not a shit hit the fan, these changes probably took a bit to do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is actually someone on twitter via Blizzard that did admit wrongdoing FYI. Its also not a shit hit the fan, these changes probably took a bit to do.
    Oh please. The way covenants interact mechanically is something that is most likely handled with a few flags. Stuff like TW takes time, but some of the asinine changes like Covenants and Conduit Energy don't take much from them, as they are already seperate system that you are just locked out of artificially, yet all the progress is stored. So instead of getting teleported out and the NPC not talking to you, you just remove those checks and suddenly you have access to all covenants and one variable tracks which is your main one right now. Not to mention conduit energy which is entirely artificially placed on top and could be removed at the drop of a hat.

This scheme is indeed completly transparent and they have been shown to repeat it time and time again. That their excuse is the lore (rofl) speaks volumes here, because everyone with eyes can see that the lore was never the issue, but even they did not dare to blame their own programming, even though that would have fooled alot more gullible munchkins. They probably didn't want to claim that as they know it would make the skin crawl of anyone with even novice programming experience; it's akin to claiming our programmers are complete idiots and shitting on their own staff is not big right now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Anyone else ever notice the Venthyr/Revendreth music plays in the Horde Embassy? Idk if this is new or not

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't know why this site hates Towelliee in particular as much as they do, probably because he actually posts here. I could be remembering wrong but from my memory he has always been honest about him having vague information told to him from friends at blizzard, which is usually somewhat accurate.
    I love him just because he’s like
    “I have inside information and you can hate me but I’m still right”

I hope to see 9.2 PTR this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I cannot imagine we won't. The tunraround for patches is usually around 6 months, and the time a longer patch like 9.2 is likely to spend in PTR is well over a month. SO unless even that has been massively pushed back I would expect a 9.2 PTR in early December at the latest, and most likely somewhere mid-November.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    You got me bro. That is how I handle all my info since 2016. You caught me red handed lol.
    Why are you even posting here if all you do is spreading toxicity? Either start to add something to the discussion or go back to your stream please. No one cares for your attention cries.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    9.1.5 PTR - next week (confirmed)
    9.1 launch - October 19th (week of 80 Renown)
    9.2 reveal & PTR - November 15th (week of FF14 expac)
    9.2 launch - February
    10.0 reveal - online event around February/March
    9.3 - either scrapped or something smaller than 9.2 in Summer (Jailer invasion on Azeroth, max level content in Icecrown)

As for 10.0 launch, I can see 3 scenarios:

1) Speedrun, no 9.3, Alpha soon after reveal, launch exactly 2 years after SL
    2) Moderate, 9.3 50/50, SL as long as BfA, launch in March 2023 (before Q1 end)
    3) 10.0 is Azeroth revamp and will take more time, 9.3 certain and launch in second half of 2022, 10.0 launch in August 2023.

these changes aren't appealing to me at all, I'm not motivated to go back just to collect transmogs from covenants and some new allied race customizations.

I don't know why this site hates Towelliee in particular as much as they do, probably because he actually posts here. I could be remembering wrong but from my memory he has always been honest about him having vague information told to him from friends at blizzard, which is usually somewhat accurate.
    Because he literally only shows up in these threads to beg for attention, look at his post history.

He acts exactly like the idiots who LARP as being "Blizzard employees" and ""leak"" expansion details that anyone could guess based on common sense, like "X system that everyone has been complaining about the whole expansion is gonna be removed", and then when alpha happens and it is removed they post "See, you guys said I was making shit up but look, next time believe me!" The only difference is he uses a regular account instead of a burner one.

He isn't interested in actually providing information (something that's happened maybe once or twice in the past five years), he's just interested in taking whatever off-hand comment a dev made to him and stroking his own ego by making vague, safe ""predictive"" claims about really basic information and then (when wrong or off) moving goal posts so that he can make comments about how ""right"" and "in the know" he is, because apparently a career entirely based around getting attention still isn't enough, so he has to also try and drum up more in his free time.

He isn't treated any different than anyone else who does this shit, it's just that he keeps coming back and continuing to do it where the other people abandon their burner account and move on.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-08-28 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because he literally only shows up in these threads to beg for attention, look at his post history.

He acts exactly like the idiots who LARP as being "Blizzard employees" and ""leak"" expansion details that anyone could guess based on common sense, like "X system that everyone has been complaining about the whole expansion is gonna be removed", and then when alpha happens and it is removed they post "See, you guys said I was making shit up but look, next time believe me!" The only difference is he uses a regular account instead of a burner one.

He isn't interested in actually providing information (something that's happened maybe once or twice in the past five years), he's just interested in taking whatever off-hand comment a dev made to him and stroking his own ego by making vague, safe ""predictive"" claims about really basic information and then (when wrong or off) moving goal posts so that he can make comments about how ""right"" and "in the know" he is, because apparently a career entirely based around getting attention still isn't enough, so he has to also try and drum up more in his free time.

He isn't treated any different than anyone else who does this shit, it's just that he keeps coming back and continuing to do it where the other people abandon their burner account and move on.
    Or you can just shrug and move on...

Guy has a youtube channel and posts some shit on MMOC, whooptie fucking do. Let's make some Holy War out of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Or you can just shrug and move on...

Guy has a youtube channel and posts some shit on MMOC, whooptie fucking do. Let's make some Holy War out of it now.
    We are allowed to be annoyed when it creeps into this thread.
    I couldn't give a toss what he does on his own YouTube channel or even on dedicated threads. I just take offense when it invades the specific threads I enjoy spending time in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I couldn't give a toss what he does on his own YouTube channel or even on dedicated threads. I just take offense when it invades the specific threads I enjoy spending time in.
    Threads that are then subsequently ruined for pages on end by posts like this.

Just move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just... like... move on...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He's just baiting to get few laughs, get over it.

It's very simple people. Obviously Towellie has some friends in Blizz that can give him vague hints. Obviously no one sane would give streamer specific info without NDA. That's why his info is useless when you expect specific stuff, but useful to warn you that something is coming soon. For example I came across his stream on day they revealed 8.3 I knew it's coming this day.

I'll take Towelliee leaks over the dumb 4chan "leaks" any day of the week, even if they are vague and have a 50/50 chance to be wrong.

If nothing else, it breaks the boredom that's permeated the waiting period of Shadowlands ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I'll take Towelliee leaks over the dumb 4chan "leaks" any day of the week, even if they are vague and have a 50/50 chance to be wrong.

If nothing else, it breaks the boredom that's permeated the waiting period of Shadowlands ending.
    I prefer the 4chan leaks honestly. The anonymity makes it easier to pretend it's real.
    When it's a leak from a streamer especially I immediately think it's done for monetary gains rather than for fun or for real.

Not to be that guy, but I think half of you need to get off your high horses on things, such as assuming a patch release date, cause almost all of you got it wrong regardless of “info”, which is mostly bullshit half the time. And some of you also need to just move on from WoW specifically, since it clearly seems like this patch isn’t for you, or that SL has made a knot in your stomach, which is understandable. I don’t care for this patch myself, hell I think these changes should’ve been made before the fuckin release of the expansion, and yet that didn’t happen, so I’m staying off.

I suggest some of y’all here do the same. Constantly criticizing WoW all the time isn’t healthy. It’s fine to criticize it once in a while, sure. But if you have a personal beef with Danuser or Ion, I would suggest FFXIV or something along those lines. Cause moving on is more healthy than playing and talking about a game you don’t like. Trust me, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

This is about as nice of a conclusion I can come to. No need to be violent towards one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He is the death pantheon's fallen version of Amman'thul. Doesn't really matter though, Sargeras also managed to bring down our pantheon without much issue. With all the first ones shit we know now from the lame new book it's clear that these clowns in the shadowlands are literally just another pantheon, not just something like that. So I don't really see how he should be much higer than Sargeras, other than that he was written (with 3rd grader skills) to be the mastermind of everything.
    Zovaal is a mix between Sargeras and Aman’thul, but of the Death Pantheon. Dudes feats in the Sanctum are arguably greater than Sargeras’ also, if we are to compare realms to worlds, as Zovaal’s power VIA the Maw clouded multiple, if not the whole of the Shadowlands, while Sargeras’ influence simply clouded Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What is written down somewhere by a blue post or?

- - - Updated - - -

Weird right? What will next expansion sell us?

Player housing is waste of resource , if we have to believe that post then its not good.
    By them literally writing Zovaal as a foe beyond the Titans, them giving him all these amps, them making him the OG leader of the Death Pantheon, and him literally being Death itself, as stated by the Primus “Death comes for the soul of your world, but together, we may yet save it”. Sargeras wasn’t Disorder itself or anything like that.

Anyone else ever notice the Venthyr/Revendreth music plays in the Horde Embassy? Idk if this is new or not
    I noticed the same thing. Would be hilarious if it’s a spoiler about ARs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras was the closest thing to Fel Itself because the demons are too chaotic and organized to have one major leader that is a demon. That’s the irony of the Burning Legion: they are ORDERED DISORDER and the only reason that they were a threat was because they were lead by a creature of Order that could wrangle them.

Another change that I see likely coming in the future is the uncapping of AoE again. Mike Ybarra himself admitted he disliked the AoE cap change so I think it's only a matter of when, not if. Might not arrive until 9.2 since they'll probably need more time, since that sort of change requires a hefty rebalancing of content. Maybe not until 10.0, actually.

But I think it is coming, and it'll be a welcome return.