Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As you further show you have never actually played the game. Ok. Not even going to bother responding to you anymore.
    keep that copium blazing your savage raids are easier than wow hc raids pre 15% nerfs like other 10 ppl here told you and myhtic raider smashing them firstime blind on streams
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I meant to say Extreme and not Savage but whatever dude. Because you have never misspoke in your entire life right?
    Extreme are for Trials, still not dungeons. Trials are just boss raid encounter. So you still have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I don't raid, so I can't really say, but maybe you're right or maybe they're right. It's all subjective anyway. But, the important thing is that raiding is not what FF14 is all about so who cares if it's harder or easier or whatever. It's got raids for those that enjoy that sort of content and the people doing them seem very happy enough. If all a person cares about is some sort of "competition" then they're going to want to do WoW raids because that's what they're designed for. If all they want is to have fun then they'll likely gravitate towards FF14 because that's what its all about.

You don't need to defend FF14 raids against these people, they serve a different community than WoW Mythic raids do ... and it's a likely much more satisfied community
    I would say your right. While they are different wow's audience has been frustrated with being made to jump through hoops for alternative power for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. You still hang on to any scrap you can instead of letting go and moving on.
    I was the first one in this little threadlet to use the phrase "moving on", and the sense you are using it is not the sense I used it.

It's not best practice to respond to what a person claimed by redefining their terms to make them look bad.

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/charitable
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I was the first one in this little threadlet to use the phrase "moving on", and the sense you are using it is not the sense I used it.
    I didn't know you can claim ownership of words on the internet. Just because you don't like the words being applied to you doesn't mean it stops being true. You won't move on despite a clear hate of the game. It isn't a player that still enjoys the game and hopes it can improve that is in the abusive relationship here but the one that hates but still hangs around in the shadows.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I didn't know you can claim ownership of words on the internet. Just because you don't like the words being applied to you doesn't mean it stops being true.
    I can't own words, but I can remonstrate you for (deliberately?) misinterpreting what I wrote. An honest and polite person, when they come across another's comment, will interpret ambiguity in the way that's most favorable for that person.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't own words, but I can remonstrate you for (deliberately?) misinterpreting what I wrote. An honest and polite person, when they come across another's comment, will interpret ambiguity in the way that's most favorable for that person.
    You didn't even use "moving on" first like you claimed so you are the only one that is deliberately misusing words and can't even remember what you actually wrote. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You didn't even use "moving on" first like you claimed so you are the only one that is deliberately misusing words and can't even remember what you actually wrote. Lol.
    I wrote "walk away". Which you criticized me for being hypocritical about for still commenting. It was clear I meant "stop being his girlfriend", not "and also stop talking or thinking about him".

Is there another strained technicality you'd like to harp on now?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wrote "walk away". Which you criticized me for being hypocritical about for still commenting. It was clear I meant "stop being his girlfriend", not "and also stop talking or thinking about him". Is there another strained technicality you'd like to harp on now?
    Right. Continuing to talk about a ex girlfriend is not walking away, moving on, or any other different type of descriptor of similar meaning you want to use. You are still being held by the bounds of the abusive relationship but now by proxy of your own emotions. It is silly to attack a player that is still playing the game for something that you yourself can't even do. Walk away.

If you feel you were abused by Blizzard, and hate them, then cut them out of your life. Move on. Don't hang around to just feed the cycle of hatred.

Right. Continuing to talk about a ex girlfriend is not walking away, moving on, or any other different type of descriptor of similar meaning you want to use.
    Absolutely it is. Not being with that person is LITERALLY walking away. I realize this isn't the definition you want to use, because you wanted to criticize me, but you don't get to make that call. At least, not if you're an honest person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely it is. Not being with that person is LITERALLY walking away. I realize this isn't the definition you want to use, because you wanted to criticize me, but you don't get to make that call. At least, not if you're an honest person.
    You don't have to physically be playing the game, or be with someone, to still be hung up on them. It isn't dishonest to recognize the stages of grief and the different ways people still hold on to things. If you can make the call to criticize a person then I can make the call to do the same. You don't get special rules just because you are suddenly the target. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Also "Name one company that gives away all its money".

Newman's Own gives 100% of its profits to charity. No, it does not give the money it needs to operate away. But it is not a publicly traded corporation, and it makes great products that customers love.

But "COMPANIES NEED TO MAKE MONEY" is the stupidest argument in favor of the WoW token.
    So what if one company does it? Does that mean every company does it? No. Are you that dense that you ignore basic economics?

And I don't care about the WoW freaking token. You people are so hung up on that stupid token, you'd think it shot your grandparents and you want revenge. I'm talking about basic business. You can love what you do, but at the end of the day you still want to make a profit. You still have to pay your employees, yes? Pay rent on your facilities? And even if you own those facilities, you still have to pay the utilities, and property taxes, and many other costs.

If I go into business as a landscaper, and every time I go out to a job, all the plants the people have die, and I have to replace, them, is my business going to last? No, of course not. If I'm spending more than I take in, my business will fail. Same way that if I get paid $1000 a month, and my expenses are $1200 a month, I'm not going to do very well, am I?

Is any of this making sense to you? Or would you rather argue the morality of a world that's obviously driven by cold hard cash? Put aside your ideals of how you want the world to be and face the way it is now. This world revolves around money - the more you have, the better you do. It may not be how you want it, but it's how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

This is feeling like a girlfriend making excuses to herself for her abusive boyfriend.

Show some spine and walk away.
    Irony - when somebody says to do one thing, and then spends three pages of a thread not doing that very thing.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Irony - when somebody says to do one thing, and then spends three pages of a thread not doing that very thing.
    If you read elsewhere in the thread you'd understand why your response there is invalid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Also nice little weird cope of you saying discord didn't exist when it literally launched weeks after wow token came out
    The token launched in March 2015. Discord launched in May 2015. So yes discord did not exist when the token was first released in WoW. You having to dismiss simple facts shows who really is the one trying to push a fantasy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-29 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Checking twitch every day and the FF views are def. dropping each day. Only when asmongold streams FF the viewers are higher than WoW. Otherwise much lower.

Currently:

World of Warcraft

Final Fantasy XIV Online
    You kinda proved your point there didn't you? The point isn't the game, it's the person streaming. Twitch numbers is a horrible metric for how popular a game is to play, it's kinda a little bit a decent metric for how popular a game is to watch but even then as soon as you take personality (or other personal qualities) into consideration it all goes out the window.

No, it isn't.

Streamers (and also tons of players) aren't just leaving because the game is in a bad state. It was in a worse state in WoD and pre 8.2, however the difference now is in WoD people were of the opinion the game *could* get better and had faith for Legion as it was honestly announced fairly early on into Wods life cycle (Less than a year)

Same for BFA, it was seen as this "Yeah BFA sucks, but Legion and Mop were greatt and wod sucked so obviously 9.0 will be great!"
    But with the current state of Shadowlands, not only is the game in a weak state, but the community and the narrative around the game is the worst it has ever been, gone are the days that WoW still has great days ahead for many players, and lots of streamers simply do not want to deal with that kind of negativity or gameplay when it feels increasingly negative.

And it isn't all just FFXIV, Towelliee has been playing Swtor and variety as well, StaysafeTV and PShero have been playing Guild Wars 2 ect ect.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OP post is like purest copium, high grade.

No, the streamers' trend to exit is simply because there is really no interesting content remaining for them to stream given absolutely dreadful 9.1 content. No matter how they'd stretch it - 9.1 is simply nowhere near enough to keep people interested for half a year (optimistic there) it will be current.

It's nothing to do with bandwagon or hating on WoW or anything like that. Even old WoW players like me who are plenty invested in the game can look at 9.1 and acknowledge that it's subpar and won't hold water for more than a few months and that's with a HUGE stretch.

People like Asmon, Preach, Bellular - they played this game for decade+, you can't really blame them or shame them over 9.1 being a pile of garbage after 8 months wait. And Blizzard is sure not helping in-between their shitshow and random devs and execs running their mouths in twitter.

It's not some great betrayal of The Motherland or Illuminati conspiracy - it's simply the state of current WoW.
    Well said.

I joined FF14 shortly after HW came out, played and loved HW and then played SB and quit like 4 levels into SB. Needing to level up to continue the story was just kinda blah for me and I never quite made it back until recently, something like 4 or 5 years later.

I don't really care too much about Asmongold, one way or the other, but I watched his two Heavensward ending videos the other night and they really reminded me just how awesome the story and gameplay was in HW, especially.

After dealing with WoW's inconsistent story quality and lack of really giving you the story that well, for so many years, TBC through Shadowlands, something like Heavensward makes WoW look like childsplay in comparison.

People who are still on the fence should really give FF14 a try. If story means anything to you, FF14 will scratch that itch where WoW has left us high and dry for so long.

I swore WoW was just on a tick-tock of good-bad-good-bad expansions... SL has proven that got broken.

Wrath was great, Cata not so, MoP was great, WoD not so, Legion was great, BfA not so, Shadowlands was.... not great.

- - - Updated - - -

The token launched in March 2015. Discord launched in May 2015. So yes discord did not exist when the token was first released in WoW. You having to dismiss simple facts shows who really is the one trying to push a fantasy.
    Wait, your quote of what he said says Discord launched literally weeks after the Token.

If they were released the same day of their respective months, that is only an 8 week separation, and if one at the end of March and the other at the start of April, it could be only 4 weeks. Not really a dismissal of simple facts, I mean come on...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If they were released the same day of their respective months, that is only an 8 week separation, and if one at the end of March and the other at the start of April, it could be only 4 weeks. Not really a dismissal of simple facts, I mean come on...
    So how is is cope for me to say that discord didn't exist when it really didn't exist? They asked "in which discords are you?" as a way to discredit my claims that boosting was already growing as a thing prior to the token being introduced. Being in a discord provides no knowledge of the boosting scene in early WoD since you know discord wasn't publicly released yet.

Weird how that works huh?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-29 at 05:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how is is cope for me to say that discord didn't exist when it really didn't exist? They asked "in which discords are you?" as a way to discredit my claims that boosting was already growing as a thing prior to the token being introduced. Being in a discord provides no knowledge of the boosting scene in early WoD since you know discord wasn't publicly released yet.

Weird how that works huh?
    Oh, I agree on that. I didn't look further into your guys' conversation, it sounded kinda pointless.

But damn, boosting has been a thing since at least WotLK lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oh, I agree on that. I didn't look further into your guys' conversation, it sounded kinda pointless.

But damn, boosting has been a thing since at least WotLK lol
    Boosting has always been a thing in WoW, it just used to only be called carrying. Then the term became just a pejorative/joke for carrying someone or being carried.