View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    This seems fitting
    Doesn't it just! UK property prices are on fire since Brexit, where's the economic armageddon project fear remainers promised? Yet more Brexit benefits as it turns out...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Doesn't it just! UK property prices are on fire since Brexit, where's the economic armageddon project fear remainers promised? Yet more Brexit benefits as it turns out...

This is NOT good, a house is still worth the value of 1 house. All this does is make it so first-time buyers can not get on the property ladder. All you have done has shown something irrelevant to Brexit, not knowing (or worse actually knowing and not caring) that actually this is actually terrible and tried to sell it as a win. If your house is increasing in price as well as everyone else's, you're not any better off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    This is NOT good, a house is still worth the value of 1 house. All this does is make it so first-time buyers can not get on the property ladder. All you have done has shown something irrelevant to Brexit, not knowing (or worse actually knowing and not caring) that actually this is actually terrible and tried to sell it as a win. If your house is increasing in price as well as everyone else's, you're not any better off.
    What if you own more than one as millions of Britons do? In any case even if you do have only one it is still better that it rises in price rather than falls. The only losers from this are people that rent. But that was not the point of the post to start a debate on the pros and cons of rising house prices, but merely to expose the project fear remain lies told back in 2016. Lest we forget...

House prices could fall by 18% if Britain quits EU, says George Osborne

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-prices-brexit

Some people would have fallen for those lies and as a result were persuaded to vote under false pretences to stay in the EU. If remainers had told the truth it never would have been only 52-48 in favour of leave back in 2016. Remainers back in 2016 were wrong then and are still wrong today, leopards don't change their spots, constantly spouting untruths.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Housing prices everywhere, be it US, EU or UK are rising. But sure a Brexiteer sees a global trend and goes "woot Brexit!".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

What if you own more than one as millions of Britons do?
    Then you're a piece of shit that is fueling the housing crisis and likely already living most of the time in Moscow unlike 95-99% of the British citizenship who only have one place to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Housing prices everywhere, be it US, EU or UK are rising. But sure a Brexiteer sees a global trend and goes "woot Brexit!".
    Not only everywhere, but compared to 2015 the house price/income has grown more in the Euro-area (and some non-Euro EU-countries) and the US than in the uk.
    https://www.imf.org/external/research/housing/

What if you own more than one as millions of Britons do? In any case even if you do have only one it is still better that it rises in price rather than falls. The only losers from this are people that rent. But that was not the point of the post to start a debate on the pros and cons of rising house prices, but merely to expose the project fear remain lies told back in 2016. Lest we forget...

House prices could fall by 18% if Britain quits EU, says George Osborne

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-prices-brexit

Some people would have fallen for those lies and as a result were persuaded to vote under false pretences to stay in the EU. If remainers had told the truth it never would have been only 52-48 in favour of leave back in 2016. Remainers back in 2016 were wrong then and are still wrong today, leopards don't change their spots, constantly spouting untruths.
    Great. So one in ten adults in the UK own more than one property. This might be good news for them; but what about the 4 in 10 that don't own ANY property? How is this good news for someone trying to get onto the property ladder?

The answer of course is that it isn't. But you claim to own at least one property, so this is just more of the "got mine, fuck you" attitude we see from you all the time.

Oh, and it's nothing to do with Brexit, of course. So it completes the standard set of criteria for a dribbles Brexit "benefit"; it isn't actually a benefit, it's nothing to do with Brexit and it's only good for a tiny minority of people in the UK that happens to include dribbles. I'll start calling it the dribbles bullshit trifecta. Might make it DBT, to save me some typing.

I'll go back over your posts one of these days, just to try and find one where you don't make an idiot of yourself. Might take me a while, mind you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

No matter how good you are, the bird will shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

No matter how good you are, the bird will shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    That made me laugh. least of all because theres truth in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    That made me laugh. least of all because theres truth in there.
    Remembering it makes reading dribbles comments much less impactful on ones bloodpressure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Great. So one in ten adults in the UK own more than one property. This might be good news for them; but what about the 4 in 10 that don't own ANY property? How is this good news for someone trying to get onto the property ladder?

The answer of course is that it isn't. But you claim to own at least one property, so this is just more of the "got mine, fuck you" attitude we see from you all the time.

Oh, and it's nothing to do with Brexit, of course. So it completes the standard set of criteria for a dribbles Brexit "benefit"; it isn't actually a benefit, it's nothing to do with Brexit and it's only good for a tiny minority of people in the UK that happens to include dribbles. I'll start calling it the dribbles bullshit trifecta. Might make it DBT, to save me some typing.

I'll go back over your posts one of these days, just to try and find one where you don't make an idiot of yourself. Might take me a while, mind you.
    It is everything to do with Brexit, apply some critical thinking to recent posts.

Somebody said, it may have been you, they couldn't reliably get gummie bears in supermarkets now = Brexit bad.

I said asset prices are up = Brexit good.

The cost of labour in the UK has risen, due to our beloved eurochums vanishing back into the bosom of the EU, allowing working class British people now earning more to raise and spend far more money on property. With limited supply this has directly driven the cost of them up. As you well know Brexit supporters, being a little older than remainers, are more likely to be existing property owners and therefore are being directly rewarded for the right way they voted at the referendum.

This is all quite contrary to the, obviously now proven false, doom laden financial predictions at the Brexit referendum by remainers. There are rewards for being right, and costs for being wrong. I get you don't like those costs, but many British people see the results of Brexit and rejoice at their new found wealth because of it.

No point remainers in their rented hovel whining and suffering from fomo now because they wrongly didn't support and invest in the Brexit train at the time.

It is everything to do with Brexit, apply some critical thinking to recent posts.

Somebody said, it may have been you, they couldn't reliably get gummie bears in supermarkets now = Brexit bad.

The cost of labour in the UK has risen, due to our beloved eurochums vanishing back into the bosom of the EU, allowing working class British people now earning more to raise and spend far more money on property. With limited supply this has directly driven the cost of them up. As you well know Brexit supporters, being a little older than remainers, are more likely to be existing property owners and therefore are being directly rewarded for the right way they voted at the referendum.

This is all quite contrary to the, obviously now proven false, doom laden financial predictions at the Brexit referendum by remainers. There are rewards for being right, and costs for being wrong. I get you don't like those costs, but many British people see the results of Brexit and rejoice at their new found wealth because of it.

No point remainers in their rented hovel whining and suffering from fomo now because they wrongly didn't support and invest in the Brexit train at the time.
    Dribbles laid bare, ladies and gentlemen. Sociopath, greedy, selfish. We should frame this post and use it as a warning to anyone not to get too close.

I don't remember "Brexit: It's going to be great for a few of us, and fuck the rest of you" being on any of the posters at the time. Not on the side of a bus either. I guess you decided that being honest wouldn't have got so many of the plebs voting for you?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I've applied some critical thinking to recent post's and you appear delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58374553
    GPs are having to make difficult choices about which patients get blood tests because of the ongoing shortage of test tubes, doctors are warning.

The vials used for blood tests are currently in short supply - and the NHS in England and Wales is temporarily stopping all non-urgent testing.

Doctors say they are in a "perilous" situation and want more clarity about how long the shortage will last.

The government says it is working flat out with the supplier.

There are currently global shortages of blood tube products and company Becton Dickinson - which makes vials for the health service - is among those facing serious supply chain issues.

Becton Dickinson said it had seen record demand for its blood collection tubes in recent months, partly driven by the need for tests for Covid patients. It also said it was facing issues transporting the tubes, for example, challenges at the UK border.
    But I guess in Dribbles world this is only a minor problem that doesn't really matter if your home is worth a few quid more?

Dribbles delusions are unworthy of quotations, so I’ll refrain. But if you follow his reasoning voting brexit makes you a homeowner. Why does anyone even bother with morgages, just vote brexit xD

I guess that could be spun as benefiting test tube manufactures in the UK and therefore a huge Brexit win (sunny uplands etc).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Can you explain how other countries see increasing house prices, when they arent a part of the UK? It's almost as if it has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever.

It's pathetic how you'll somehow spin it as a win caused by brexit, even tho it's not, and increasing house prices has some negative impacts, beyond house owners thinking they hit jackpot.

You havent presented a single argument, caused by brexit that benefits all brits, it shouldnt be that hard. Furthermore even proving that those unknown "wins" (which increasing house prices and increasing wages arent a part of, they have negative impacts for others), outweigh the loses.

We all know you did not vote leave (if you even voted Aussie) for increased wages and house prices.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-08-30 at 10:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Can you explain how other countries see increasing house prices, when they arent a part of the UK? It's almost as if it has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever.

It's pathetic how you'll somehow spin it as a win caused by brexit, even tho it's not, and increasing house prices has some negative impacts, beyond house owners thinking they hit jackpot.

You havent presented a single argument, caused by brexit that benefits all brits, it shouldnt be that hard. Furthermore even proving that those unknown "wins" (which increasing house prices and increasing wages arent a part of, they have negative impacts for others), outweigh the loses.

We all know you did not vote leave (if you even voted Aussie) for increased wages and house prices.
    Why not explain to everyone how increasing wages are not a Brexit win? After all when did you last go to your boss and say "Please sir I think you are paying me too much, would you mind lowering my salary and you can keep the extra profit yourself?"

Doesn't happen does it? But if it's the case that remainers are for starvation wages, keeping people poor, and Brexiteers are for a higher living wage then I think you have given me a new slogan to put on the side of the next bus, so ty for that I guess.

Why not explain to everyone how increasing wages are not a Brexit win? After all when did you last go to your boss and say "Please sir I think you are paying me too much, would you mind lowering my salary and you can keep the extra profit yourself?"

Doesn't happen does it? But if it's the case that remainers are for starvation wages, keeping people poor, and Brexiteers are for a higher living wage then I think you have given me a new slogan to put on the side of the next bus, so ty for that I guess.
    Salary going up is a good thing, if it is salary in general going up faster than inflation. If it is a very specific subset of salaries going up, in a way that will ensure that inflation increases (and inflation is on its way, make no mistake) then that's going to be bad for everybody else.

It's the house scenario once again, and your inability to think big picture. Some people might do very well out of this, for a time. But everyone else is going to get screwed unless they get above inflation wage rises as well. And trust me, they won't be.

Once again the economy is being fucked by Brexiteers inability to plan properly, and their cultish desire to push their Brexit agenda too far and too fast. We could have moved from an economy reliant on foreign labour, to one reliant on home-grown labour. But that doesn't happen overnight; it needs planning, it needs investment and it needs a realistic timetable. Brexiteers are childish morons that demand everything now, so we've instead just triggered the change without properly planning for what comes next.

So carry on thinking everything is great. Carry on claiming benefits that aren't really benefits. The Brexit chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do it will ALL be on people like you and Boris. The idiots that drove this process and created what comes next. It isn't going to be pretty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Salary going up is a good thing, if it is salary in general going up faster than inflation. If it is a very specific subset of salaries going up, in a way that will ensure that inflation increases (and inflation is on its way, make no mistake) then that's going to be bad for everybody else.

It's the house scenario once again, and your inability to think big picture. Some people might do very well out of this, for a time. But everyone else is going to get screwed unless they get above inflation wage rises as well. And trust me, they won't be.

Once again the economy is being fucked by Brexiteers inability to plan properly, and their cultish desire to push their Brexit agenda too far and too fast. We could have moved from an economy reliant on foreign labour, to one reliant on home-grown labour. But that doesn't happen overnight; it needs planning, it needs investment and it needs a realistic timetable. Brexiteers are childish morons that demand everything now, so we've instead just triggered the change without properly planning for what comes next.

So carry on thinking everything is great. Carry on claiming benefits that aren't really benefits. The Brexit chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do it will ALL be on people like you and Boris. The idiots that drove this process and created what comes next. It isn't going to be pretty.
    Jobs up, house prices up, and average monthly wages up 20% since the Brexit referendum. Not pretty? Absurd as even ONS figures say the total opposite...

Brexit jobs bonanza: ‘Absurd’ Project Fear warnings torn to shreds by new report

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dum-2016-covid

Thanks to Brexit the UK is sitting very pretty.

Jobs up, house prices up, and average monthly wages up 20% since the Brexit referendum. Not pretty? Absurd as even ONS figures say the total opposite...

Brexit jobs bonanza: ‘Absurd’ Project Fear warnings torn to shreds by new report

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dum-2016-covid

Thanks to Brexit the UK is sitting very pretty.
    I'm confused. The article you link says that the average wage packet has gone up 11.3% from 2016 to 2020. It then talks about average monthly wages going up 19%. I've no idea what the second one is measuring. How would wages be rising faster than the wage packets are?

Hmm. I wonder what the inflation rate was from 2016 to 2020? Using the Bank of England calculator, apparently it's 11.4%. So based on wage packets, your "Brexit benefit" is a slight real terms wage cut over 2 years. Yippee?

Dribbles fails again. Consistently and sadly wrong pretty much every time you put finger to typewriter.