Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    8 months in a row without Dragonstalker shoulders from Chromaggus. Cry me a river..
    big difference when u need a specific item, or just an item
    still blizz did flat out state they nerfed drop rate this exp to 'compensate' for remove of the already fucked up idea of gear proc titanforge or corruption
    Also didn't classic have a lot more drop rate? did u use dkp system or just random roll on item? because no way it didn't drop for 8 months in classic
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Also didn't classic have a lot more drop rate? did u use dkp system or just random roll on item? because no way it didn't drop for 8 months in classic
    2 items per 40 man boss. 3 in Naxx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    8 months in a row without Dragonstalker shoulders from Chromaggus. Cry me a river..
    Entire TBC expansion with Wolf Slayer Sniper Rifle (until the badge one @ Sunwell anyway) Missed out on Kara bow, Vashj Bow, ZA, Archimonde and Illidan bow's. 22 Months of failure. I pity no man who whines about drops. (When Illidans dropped my RL had more DKP than me and let me roll off against him 3 times to get it and I lost every roll.) Seriously. No-one is ever allowed to complain to me about luck or drops.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-08-26 at 10:18 AM.

They should just make the loot tables smaller....

I really do not get why there are so so many items that are absolute garbage for everybody of that armor type.
    It is especially bad with trinkets. I mean why do there have to be 20000 trinkets you can loot when you only want 2 or 3 of them...

I get that there might be some niche thinks but at the moment and also back in BFA and Legion there are so many items literally nobodys ever uses....

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    None of this solves OPs bad luck. All I can say is that this has happened to me once way back in 6.0. The weapon didn't drop for the whole patch for anyone and that sucked.
    I mean, I was replying to the comment that claimed things can't simply be purchased in WoW, but I also did propose actual solutions to the OPs bad luck...
    M+ end of dungeon loot has no lockout/limit. Weekly M+ vault slots give extra shots at not just heroic level, but mythic level daggers.
    Or the part where I said they could pvp? There's no RNG there.

"Oh but I don't like M+, I don't like PvP!" Oh good point. Let me try again to solve the OP's bad luck:

OP, please see the message below. Print it out and mail it to Blizzard's evil headquarters.

DEAR BLIZZARD,

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!
    I DEMAND A DAGGER FOR THE OP. HE HAS DONE CONTENT IN RAID BUT HAS NOT GOTTEN THE PIECE HE WANTS. YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN.
    THIS IS TO SERVE AS BOTH A BUG REPORT (please file under systems > let loot be loot > issue: _.-*^*-!@#NOTHING*!*^& is working; severity: CRITICALERMAHGERD; priority: higher than taking your next breath) AND A FINAL WARNING THAT A PLAYER HAS DONE ALL OF THE POSSIBLE CONTENT* AND DID NOT ACQUIRE A DAGGER, SO THE GAME IS BASICALLY UNPLAYABLE.
    ALSO EVEN THOUGH THIS IS HOW RNG WORKS AND IS A PERFECT ILLUSTRATION OF WHY THERE IS AN "R" IN RNG, I WILL ATTRIBUTE THE RECENT, SHARP DECLINE IN PLAYERS TO THIS ISSUE INSTEAD OF FAR MORE IMPACTFUL FACTORS!

Sincerely and truly yours (BUT ONLY YOURS IF YOU MANAGE TO GET LUCKY AND LOOT ME, BUT THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN CAUSE RNG, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ME LALWLWAAWOLWAWALWAOLOLOLOLOL),

no but really, love always,
    A Guy Posting on a Forum

*excluding content the player didn't feel like doing

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I didn't see a single person ever saying they wanted less loot to drop. People wanted less complex loot and that was a good change. Killing the drop chance was something Blizz did by themselves.
    I know you used past tense there, but I'll check the box for you just in case:

I want less loot to drop.

I want people to go back to the vendors and plead for the return of their "vendor loot" greens and blues because suddenly it's impossible to get epic items.

I want people to mope around in those greens, dreaming of the day when they will have just one tiny morsel-of-a-slot of blue loot. And when they finally get some blues, they will see the sweatiest player in all the realms clad in purple from head to toe and they will mope and dream once more.
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2021-08-26 at 12:34 PM.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Blizzard is somehow scared of guaranteed drops. If someone killed a boss 25 times in my eyes he 100% deserves whatever he wants from a boss, that's 12ish weeks (if he did HC and Normal), 3 months. Just put that into perspective. People should not need 3 months to get 1 weapon, EVER. There needs to be a fail-safe that always protects the players from these negative experiences. Why doesn't Blizzard want that too? Do they believe someone that stays for 3 months will stay another 3? Don't they think at some point that player will just leave forever?
    It's not that I disagree with you. No loot in 25 kills can be disheartening. That said, This wasn't 12 weeks. It's two bosses in 2 modes. The OP listing it at 7 weeks. So the question is should everyone be guaranteed a raid weapon before 2 months? To be honest, I can see both sides to this argument. This is also one of the reasons I loved artifact weapons. I've spent 6+ months without a raid (or heroic dungeon) weapon the first time I did BC. I finally gave up waiting for a boss drop and did arenas to get a weapon. Weapons are too important to your DPS, and playing for an extended period without one really sucks...especially when you see all your peers getting theirs.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Ppl who do m+ in our guild are around 240-245 ilvl. Ppl who do some once in a while or have been lucky with loot (leather wearers for us) are around 235-239 ilvl. People who only come for raid and nothing else are below down to as low as 224 ilvl. Raid does not really offer enough gear and most ppl will not keep raiding to gear the low gear players because they already have better gear from M+.
    So sadly, your only option is to do more than raid. Raid gearing is too slow to compete with M+. I also want bonus roll even if i do a lot of M+. For some reason, i have been super unlucky with the vault and keep getting the same pair of pants 4th time in a row...
    Tbh, I think blizz RNG isn't exactly random. I think some items have higher chance to drop in the vault or of bosses than others. Weapons too.
    But remember there were a lot of vocal ppl yelling they want weapon drops and no artifacts for some asinine reasons like "I miss new weapon looks" or "i miss the excitement of getting a new weapon".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's not that I disagree with you. No loot in 25 kills can be disheartening. That said, This wasn't 12 weeks. It's two bosses in 2 modes. The OP listing it at 7 weeks. So the question is should everyone be guaranteed a raid weapon before 2 months? To be honest, I can see both sides to this argument. This is also one of the reasons I loved artifact weapons. I've spent 6+ months without a raid (or heroic dungeon) weapon the first time I did BC. I finally gave up waiting for a boss drop and did arenas to get a weapon. Weapons are too important to your DPS, and playing for an extended period without one really sucks...especially when you see all your peers getting theirs.
    My classic guild's raid leader never got the Baron binding. He dropped his warrior completely.

For classic+ I'm all for adding some sort of bad-luck protection system. In retail, the bonus rolls kind of did this. It would be nice for the Loot Master to be able to tell the game "we want these specific items over these other items", but that would require an integrated Altasloot-like UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Well then people have to use brains before they ask for something. It was pretty obvious that Titanforging is the very thing that allowed more loot, because getting BiS was still time consuming and random, which kept people engaged. Seemed rather self-explanatory since the very beginning that no TF = less loot, 'cause you still need to pay your monthly fee - and if you achieve your goals too fast, you stop playing.
    So here are the results. Next time think about possible consequences befor you ask for something, because it's damn sure that Blizzard won't shower you with BiS so you can cancel your sub faster.
    Yes, it's people's fault cause they want a fun and rewarding game. Get off the copium. It's Blizzards fault and the result is in plain sight.
    There are alternatives. The monopolist practice was ill advised. Players can take their money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-08-27 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ah Cata where our tank was stuck with a shield from Firelands because one wouldn't drop in either normal or heroic DS
    MoP where I was stuck with a dungeon bow on my hunter until late ToT because one simply wouldn't drop for me in any raid at LFR - Herioc anything in the first tier raids.
    Similarly, with WoD I was pretty much lumbered with lesser PvE gear because drops weren't happening for me in weapons position until the week before HFC was released.

RNG be RNG. Sometimes gear just doesn't drop for you.
    The good thing about legion was that you had the artifact weapon which its power was controlled mostly by your play time.

In all other expansions, you could be gimped by the RNG of your weapon not dropping, which is a huge part of your DPS.

Yes, it's people's fault cause they want a fun and rewarding game. Get off the copium. It's Blizzards fault and the result is in plain sight.
    There are alternatives. The monopolist practice was ill advised. Players can take their money elsewhere.
    It's noones "fault". That's the way Blizzard wants the game to work and you just have to be aware that certain design modifications are always accompanied by certain balance changes. Failing to realize that is naivety. Believing it will suddenly change is naivety. If you don't enjoy current state of things, now is as good moment to take your money elsewhere as any other moment.
    Bottom line: you are going to grind. This expansion, next expansion, and any other expansion before the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    you do not PVP if you think this is true lol

25 conquest a win for 2s which are the shortest games, if you need a baseline weapon odds are you aren't winning 100% of your games even by being carried
    I leveled 3 alts to 60 in the last 3 weeks, they're all caught to to current conquest cap. I think I pvp a little. It 100% takes a couple of hours to get a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    considering they lost atleast 80% of the retail population,its VERY likely next expansion will have boe bis weapons droping in raids
    Or they should just be smart, our artifact weapon was the best borrowed power they've ever done. Weapons are the most important piece of gear, if you're going to make players grind and grind for pointless stupid borrow power anima shit atleast make it for a weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It's noones "fault". That's the way Blizzard wants the game to work and you just have to be aware that certain design modifications are always accompanied by certain balance changes. Failing to realize that is naivety. Believing it will suddenly change is naivety. If you don't enjoy current state of things, now is as good moment to take your money elsewhere as any other moment.
    Bottom line: you are going to grind. This expansion, next expansion, and any other expansion before the game dies.
    I guess that is why the current upcoming patch changes are coming. Cause people just accepted, right?
    Yeah, take your backwards rhetoric to someone who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this is why badges should come back... you will get something useful 100% of the time from a boss kill and can save up for items that RNG just hates you on.
    this is the only way I would return to group play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is somehow scared of guaranteed drops. If someone killed a boss 25 times in my eyes he 100% deserves whatever he wants from a boss, that's 12ish weeks (if he did HC and Normal), 3 months. Just put that into perspective. People should not need 3 months to get 1 weapon, EVER. There needs to be a fail-safe that always protects the players from these negative experiences. Why doesn't Blizzard want that too? Do they believe someone that stays for 3 months will stay another 3? Don't they think at some point that player will just leave forever?
    that's against gambling addiction, yeah chance he might leave, but far higher chance he will stay and gamble and try get the weapon, giving them more profit, 1 or 10 will drop, 9 will stay and give more sub money (which is low) with chance to spend more on tokens (insane profit, probably the most) and cash shop
    they want u to stay active as long as possible, not online, active, increase chance u think u want a cash shop item, and by now chance that there is a single wow player who didn't purchase anything at all from cash shop is minimum, ppl who are probably too poor (and too addicted to wow) to ever be able to buy anything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that's against gambling addiction, yeah chance he might leave, but far higher chance he will stay and gamble and try get the weapon, giving them more profit, 1 or 10 will drop, 9 will stay and give more sub money (which is low) with chance to spend more on tokens (insane profit, probably the most) and cash shop
    they want u to stay active as long as possible, not online, active, increase chance u think u want a cash shop item, and by now chance that there is a single wow player who didn't purchase anything at all from cash shop is minimum, ppl who are probably too poor (and too addicted to wow) to ever be able to buy anything
    Evidence points towards WoW losing players due to their poor game design around gambling and time-gate as much as they can, though. So they are losing long-term.

I didn't see a single person ever saying they wanted less loot to drop.
    People wanted less complex loot and that was a good change. Killing the drop chance was something Blizz did by themselves.
    and everyone with at least two brain cells knows WHY it was necesary...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Loot needs to get reverted to the state it was pre SL. Rolls, wf, tf and essences have to come back. It is unenjoyable in the current state. No air to breathe
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidence points towards WoW losing players due to their poor game design around gambling and time-gate as much as they can, though. So they are losing long-term.
    Bobby Kodick is leaving activision in 1 year or 2 at most, he has zero interest in long term, and as shown in many interviews he won't mind if not flat out love fucking video game industry
    Thrall