Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    He didn't put an embassy in Jerusalem, obviously.
    Yeah, wouldn't surprise me, because Obama isn't a fucking moron like Trump is. Basically trying to start the crusades again.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDA is Category 4 as it speedruns towards the Gulf Coast.

Well, let's see how Biden handles a hurricane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    IDA is Category 4 as it speedruns towards the Gulf Coast.

Well, let's see how Biden handles a hurricane.
    The bar is set at throwing rolls of paper towels, so...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The bar is set at throwing rolls of paper towels, so...
    Thankfully Biden isn't that heartless, if they tell him to stay out til the storm is over and they start cleaning up, he will. Unlike Trump that literally went in there the same week. And he won't withhold aid when they ask for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Worse than Katrina on its anniversary with swamped hospitals due to covid. This is gonna be rough.
    So, they're going to blame Biden for their failures before the storm? Seems about right.

Too bad Biden is already out in front of it. He talked to Southern governors today.

The President and the Governors talked about the potential impacts of Ida, and the concerns about life-threatening storm surge, heavy rainfall, and hurricane-force winds. They discussed the actions the States are taking to pre-position resources and initiate evacuation operations, including moving nursing home residents out of harm’s way. Governor Edwards spoke of his commitment to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in shelters through the use of masks, rapid testing, and social distancing. The President emphasized the importance of getting vaccinated. They discussed the need for residents in the storm’s path to prepare now for significant impacts given the intensity of the storm and the expected rainfall and storm surge, including by visiting Ready.gov and listening to local officials’ guidance.

FEMA is pre-positioning food, water, generators, and other resources in the region. It has more than 2,000 personnel in the affected region and has activated another 500 to provide response support. Urban Search and Rescue teams and additional ambulances are deploying to the region, and the U.S. Coast Guard is prepositioning aircraft and vessels for deep water search and rescue efforts. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has deployed a Power Restoration Team to Alexandria, Louisiana in anticipation of widespread power outages. The President described the mutual assistance that is being provided by numerous electric utilities from outside the storm’s path, which involves the staging of more than 11,000 line and tree crews and other equipment to support the restoration of power.
    I'd be disappointed but not surprised if the governors of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama (the three involved) had this nice chat with Biden in which he pledged hurricane and COVID relief, then stab him in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, wouldn't surprise me, because Obama isn't a fucking moron like Trump is. Basically trying to start the crusades again.
    You mean that time when Catholic missionaries had to perform self defense Muslim genocide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You mean that time when Catholic missionaries had to perform self defense Muslim genocide?
    I... T-that's certainly an, uh... interesting take on what the crusades where...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I... T-that's certainly an, uh... interesting take on what the crusades where...
    I think he was being facetious.

Or at least I hope so......
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think he was being facetious.

Or at least I hope so......
    Yes. I was pretending to be a typical conservative poster.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Makes me wonder why we should even be allies with your country, tbh if thats the general attitude.
    we shouldn't be, considering this is all just American Tax dollars paying for it. who get nothing back from it. pretty entitled attitude to have when you're the one who begs for billions of dollars from Daddy Sam

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    we shouldn't be, considering this is all just American Tax dollars paying for it. who get nothing back from it. pretty entitled attitude to have when you're the one who begs for billions of dollars from Daddy Sam
    Ehh, America gets an area in the region that is not completely hostile to it and America also gets the side benefit of Mossad who likes to take out nuclear scientists which goes along with its interests. Is it worth the billions it gives, probably not, but to act like America gets nothing in return is just not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sheesh... again remove US for a moment from the equation. Think for a second as a citizen of foreign country.

Let me be frank with you - I don't terribly care what's going on with US, it is in my interest that US would do good overall - but my main chief priority is that my country would get what I feel it needs.

I think I pretty consistently maintained (and thus you can some posters confirming) that Trump was a shithead and a moron and out of all his blunders I particularly was having issues with C19, but at the same time he was outright amazing for Israel and as a citizen of Israel that for me is more important than anything else.

He did so much for Israel that I don't think any administration either in past or in future will be able to top it, aside from Clinton's administration (a democrat, omg how can Trumpster say such a thing *faints*) or administration that achieves fucking World Peace in future.

So I'm not exactly getting people rushing at me with foam at their mouths about this. I already said - it's not US only forum, people need to accept that there are foreign interests just like, you know, the World has to accept that US has its own foreign interests that sometimes mess with others.

And lets end it at this, really. Such a pointless talk.

/shrug
    People on this forum lack reading comprehension. They see you say anything positive about Trump and they lose their train of thought and just see red. While there is plenty I disagree with you on, I 100% understand your feelings on the subject. They may be selfish but most people are when it comes to their own country, I know I am /shrug.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2021-08-29 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    People on this forum lack reading comprehension. They see you say anything positive about Trump and they lose their train of thought and just see red. While there is plenty I disagree with you on, I 100% understand your feelings on the subject. They may be selfish but most people are when it comes to their own country, I know I am /shrug.
    I can say with a good deal of self-assurance that anything "good" Trump did in his tenure was of the same quality as a broken clock and its ability to be right twice a day.

And the utter mismanagement of his presidency and his constant efforts to otherwise aggrandize and enrich himself and his family through the office makes me deeply suspicious even of any of those things.

But we're talking about Biden and Harris in this thread. Trump's presidency and the fallout from it belong in the Trump shitshow thread, not here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I can say with a good deal of self-assurance that anything "good" Trump did in his tenure was of the same quality as a broken clock and its ability to be right twice a day.

And the utter mismanagement of his presidency and his constant efforts to otherwise aggrandize and enrich himself and his family through the office makes me deeply suspicious even of any of those things.

But we're talking about Biden and Harris in this thread. Trump's presidency and the fallout from it belong in the Trump shitshow thread, not here.
    I am well aware of all Trumps fuck ups you don't have to tell me, the point is he was good for Israel so someone from there will have a completely different sentiment to those of us that live in the states.

On topic, the Afghanistan suicide bombing has made it so Harris is no longer going to be able to stump for Newsom in California. With the race being as tight as it is Newsom really needed her help. It is crazy to think that something so far away happening might be just enough of a nudge that prevents Newsom from wining the recall and California getting a Republican governor with around 10-20% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

We understand his comment, it just his comments don't hold up to reality, only thing Trump did for Isreal was give speech fellatio to Netanyahu at the same time he has blow horn level dog whistles to his antisemitic base

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    We understand his comment, it just his comments don't hold up to reality, only thing Trump did for Isreal was give speech fellatio to Netanyahu at the same time he has blow horn level dog whistles to his antisemitic base
    and implemented Jerusalem Embassy act
    and recognized Golan Heights
    and normalized relations between Israel, UAE, Sudan, Morocco and Bahrain
    and dropped that shitty Iran deal that supplied $$ to our direct enemies
    and took out Soleimani

A little bit objectivity won't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is indeed not a thread for this, so I'll end this discussion on my part here.

But do consider this, when you write shit like what's quoted without even a shred of objective thought just to parrot some empty slogans and agendas, your credibility simply goes down for anyone with even a bit of a clue and you serve nothing but echo chamber.

I explained my PoV enough and thankfully there appear to be people who are getting it.

and implemented Jerusalem Embassy act
    and recognized Golan Heights
    and normalized relations between Israel, UAE, Sudan, Morocco and Bahrain
    and dropped that shitty Iran deal that supplied $$ to our direct enemies
    and took out Soleimani

A little bit objectivity won't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is indeed not a thread for this, so I'll end this discussion on my part here.

But do consider this, when you write shit like what's quoted without even a shred of objective thought just to parrot some empty slogans and agendas, your credibility simply goes down for anyone with even a bit of a clue and you serve nothing but echo chamber.

I explained my PoV enough and thankfully there appear to be people who are getting it.
    Not all of those things are good things. Especially the Embassy. Golan Heights is Syrian territory, those relations between Israel and those countries weren't really strained, the Iran deal was a deal that was designed to not get your country nuked, and now Iran wants Trump arrested for the assassination of Soeimani.

We should give Trump to them.

Again, a person who supports genocide shouldn't be talking about another person's credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    In all likelihood it’ll be cat 5 as it’s making landfall.
    I've seen multiple churches post online they're having special prayer sessions. I have already donated to the Red Cross.

Do what you feel is right -- political differences are one thing, wishing someone's entire life wiped out is another.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Waffle House Index isn’t looking great with them closed all over Louisiana.
    I would be far more impressed by this if the context wasn't so dire. Thanks for sharing!