Regarding Specs; Could the amount be adjusted higher / lower for some?

Imagine that we live in a perfect World of Warcraft for a moment. One where Blizzard somehow has class balance nailed so well that unless you are pushing for worlds first or doing the utmost elite of PvP: It just does not matter what you play as long as you know how to rotate your class properly - For any given content; classes has the toolkit and the balance to stay competitive in one way or another. Naturally some specs will always "hone in" on single target / multi target a bit more than some of their other specs as to not make a whole class feel samey; but the general idèa would be that as long as you know how to rotate your spec; You would never be "miles" behind another class / spec. Would we in a world like this maybe see some specs be flat our removed / baked into others or maybe even see just SOME classes - Not all of them; have new specs added?

Whenever I see a new class / spec thread; the first thing people jump to commenting on is how "Blizzard" should balance what they have first, but it honestly just seems to me like there are too many variables for that to be done properly; that is unless they break their current mold in some way and start introducing more "out there" spec concepts for each class. But I could easily imagine some specs not outright breaking the game if they got some additions - Say if Shaman was given a Tanking spec in the form of Geomancy? Or Mages were given a Chronomancy spec which would be a bit similar to a Disc Priest - They deal damage while manipulating time to heal / buff allies, etc.

Or maybe we could even remove some specs? While Demon Hunters have 2 specs and Druids has 4; Who's not to say that other classes can't follow-suit? Even if say Survival Hunters was returned to a ranged spec; I honestly feel like what at least USED to be their toolkit - Could now essentially be divided and split up into becoming tools for MM and BM Hunters. I also feel like Rogue and Warriors could be candidates for this kind of treatment: Maybe merge Arms / Fury in some way and simply have them switch stances (No, not like that Cataclsym BS) on the fly to switch between single target / AoE focus <- And while doing so pulling out / sheathing a weapon to represent their current goal. Assassin Rogues is suppose to have a heavy focus on poisons yet this has sort of returned as an "all around thing" for all Rogues. So why not bake some of it into Sub / Outlaw? (And with that, maybe just return Outlaw to become Combat again?)

I also feel like merging some specs that has similarities, or who essentially just could be one and the same - Could open the door for new and interesting takes. Maybe we could get that "Gladiator" spec for Warrior working. Something which balances the line between DPS and tanking to the point that they would be sturdy in PvP and could serve as an "emergency" / secondary tank for some raid bosses with "softer" tank mechanics? Maybe Rogue could be given a more Gunslinger oriented spec since I feel like Outlaw WANTED To taket that approach but absolutely butchered it.

Or on the note of additions - Give Demon Hunters a Fel-Flame oriented ranged spec? Maybe give Warlocks the ability to posses and somewhat embody stronger Demons to serve as tanks? Give Monks a Jade-Lightning focused ranged spec perhaps? These would not be as "Innovative" as say a Chronomancy spec for Mages or a Gladiator spec for Warriors but it could be something?

What do you think? Do you just think that we will never see WoW's classes balanced to the point where changing up the current amount of specs / classes would be worth it? And as said by the start of this post; if we lived in that perfect world - Would you be okay with some classes having specs merged / being given new specs without this treatment being given to ALL of the classes?
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2021-08-29 at 01:21 PM.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Imagine that we live in a perfect World of Warcraft for a moment. One where Blizzard somehow has class balance nailed so well that unless you are pushing for worlds first or doing the utmost elite of PvP: It just does not matter what you play as long as you know how to rotate your class properly -
    dont need to imagine that, its live on retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    dont need to imagine that, its live on retail
    Not even joking, it actually is.
    Hell, for tanks in particular, even at world first key pushing, they're all basically equal, with all 6 tank classes represented in the top 10 highest io, and all of them having done at least two 26 keys, with only 2 classes having done any 27s at all