Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    They don't have one but leftists do not have a moral compass either. There's nothing moral about coercing money out of certain people in order to give it to certain other people. It is evil unless the lunch money is freely given to public school students.

The voluntary nature of society. Everyone should help make sure everyone else is able to eat lunch to the best of their ability, but nobody should be forced into it against their will.
    That's simply not true... you literally said you'd vote for Hitler, so long as he promised to do what you wanted.

There's nothing voluntary about it.

It doesn't help that you voted for a fascist in 2020.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-08-29 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

This system has been around for ages, so it clearly wasn't bothering Democrats that much.
    Turns out that is a bad thing

Why didn't Democrats fix it under Obama?
    Biden actually doing some things better than Obama, to my surprise.

Once again, f it was such a terrible plan, then why didn't progressives try and fix it all those years ago?
    If they ever got into power, i'm sure they'd love too.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-08-29 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Turns that is a bad thing

Biden actually doing some things better than Obama, to my surprise.

If they ever got into power, i'm sure they'd love too.
    So, please show your outrage from when it was there? Shall I wait?

This is suddenly an issue, when I haven't heard a peep about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have one but leftists do not have a moral compass either. There's nothing moral about coercing money out of certain people in order to give it to certain other people. It is evil unless the lunch/money is freely given to public school students.

Voluntary choice in society. Everyone should help make sure everyone else is able to eat lunch to the best of their ability, but nobody should be forced into it against their will.
    You should follow your own rules for what you want, but instead you keep voting for fascists.
    And morality is very subjective anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

So, please show your outrage from when it was there? Shall I wait?

This is suddenly an issue, when I haven't heard a peep about it.
    Yeah, bad things only happen when you hear about it, you got it all figured out.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's simply not true... you literally said you'd vote for Hitler, so long as he promised to do what you wanted.
    No that is imaginary. In a thread you should talk about the topic and *ideas* instead of talking about specific people and the posters in the thread. We should be trying to solve problems instead of pointing fingers and playing the blame game.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-29 at 08:09 PM.

You should follow your own rules for what you want, but instead you keep voting for fascists.
    And morality is very subjective anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, bad things only happen when you hear about it, you got it all figured out.
    Nope, I'm wondering why I'm only now hearing about how terrible that this plan is, that has been around for 75 years.

- - - Updated - - -

No that is imaginary. In a thread you should talk about the topic and *ideas* instead of talking about people and the posted in the thread. We should be trying to solve problems instead of pointing fingers and playing the blame game.
    And that is something you said you would do. Shall I bring up the thread?

Besides, nobody believes that someone who admitted to voting for a fascist, actually cares about voluntary action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm wondering why I'm only now hearing about how terrible that this plan is, that has been around for 75 years.
    Because bad things only happen when you hear about them.

Because bad things only happen when you hear about them.
    Nope, but the fact I'm only hearing about it now, shows that it wasn't a big issue for progressives.. until now.

That's the point. This outrage is manufactured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but the fact I'm only hearing about it now, shows that it wasn't a big issue for progressives.. until now.

That's the point. This outrage is manufactured.
    Thats right, they only care about it when you hear about it.

Thats right, they only care about it when you hear about it.
    Well, please feel free to show me all the progressive outrage, particularly from all those posters in this thread.

No that is imaginary. In a thread you should talk about the topic and *ideas* instead of talking about people and the posters in the thread. We should be trying to solve problems instead of pointing fingers and playing the blame game.
    Well the PC2 as we know it is a fabrication and not a real person (indead for the very idea that a real person could hold such horrid beliefs is horrifying) so it is safe to say this "idea" is a failure with no merits to put into practice, just like libertarianism.

They are holding a special session Aug 30 and will be addressing this... hopefully.

This is the same school board that smiled as the audience cheered when they removed all mitigation efforts, including cleaning desks.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol @Machismo defending taking food from kid's mouths during a pandemic is a nice take I guess. But it's okay because Democrats didn't fix it in the past like they should have?

Seriously guy how can you defend this?
    Nope, wrong again. I said multiple times that I have no problem with giving all kids free lunches. But, this isn't nearly the outrageous action that people think it is.

They still have the same old free lunch program that has been used for the past 75 years.

Of course, if you hate that old system, you can always show me where you had been outraged by it the entire time.

@Machismo

As for why the Democrats didn’t fix it during Obama, he only had a filibuster proof majority for like 70 days or close to it.

And you have to deal with those whom are whoring out to donors as well making that even harder as doing what’s best for the nation goes against what goes best for the donors.

And man, you keep going on these libertarian rants over and over again, you are wrong on these point over and over again. Repeating and rephrasing them won’t make them any less wrong.

Edit: and I am not talking about just this thread, I am talking about the marathon of threads you got going now.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Machismo

As for why the Democrats didn’t fix it during Obama, he only had a filibuster proof majority for like 70 days or close to it.

And you have to deal with those whom are whoring out to donors as well making that even harder as doing what’s best for the nation goes against what goes best for the donors.

And man, you keep going on these libertarian rants over and over again, you are wrong on these point over and over again. Repeating and rephrasing them won’t make them any less wrong.
    This program is 75 years old. if it was as terrible as people say, you'd think the push to change it would have been stronger.

I cannot recall a single progressive or liberal in these threads complaining about it, until today.

I have stated I wouldn't mind at all if they gave every kid a free lunch. As libertarian as I am, I'm all for helping those who cannot help themselves, especially children. It's also why you won't see me railing against the government paying for college. But, this program has been around for 75 years, and I have heard nary a peep.

This program is 75 years old. if it was as terrible as people say, you'd think the push to change it would have been stronger.

I cannot recall a single progressive or liberal in these threads complaining about it, until today.

I have stated I wouldn't mind at all if they gave every kid a free lunch. As libertarian as I am, I'm all for helping those who cannot help themselves, especially children. It's also why you won't see me railing against the government paying for college. But, this program has been around for 75 years, and I have heard nary a peep.
    You miss how the elections are also has an advantage to conservatives with regard to the presidency with winner take all and all and at the state and local levels due to gerrymandering and voter id to disenfranchise voters then you get the issues of money in politics.

If you haven’t noticed, many of these main issues, they don’t do anything unless they risk major upheaval if they don’t.

And I wasn’t even talking about this singular issue, I am talking about how you keep falling into this mental trap over and over again.

Libertarian ideology is about like the Scientology of the US political system only they actively believe their stuff more without the projection and “Ends Justify the Means” mentality of the Republicans. But wrong is wrong.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

You miss how the elections are also has an advantage to conservatives with regard to the presidency with winner take all and all and at the state and local levels due to gerrymandering and voter id to disenfranchise voters then you get the issues of money in politics.

If you haven’t noticed, many of these main issues, they don’t do anything unless they risk major upheaval if they don’t.

And I wasn’t even talking about this singular issue, I am talking about how you keep falling into this mental trap over and over again.

Libertarian ideology is about like the Scientology of the US political system only they actively believe their stuff more without the projection and “Ends Justify the Means” mentality of the Republicans. But wrong is wrong.
    Nope, I'm well aware that conservatives have a competitive advantage.

But, I don't ever recall liberals using any of their rally cries on this issue. I certainly don't recall any in these forums.

In the end, this seems more like outrage just for the sake of being outraged.

Nope, I'm well aware that conservatives have a competitive advantage.

But, I don't ever recall liberals using any of their rally cries on this issue. I certainly don't recall any in these forums.

In the end, this seems more like outrage just for the sake of being outraged.
    Again, I wasn’t confining it to this singular issue and even pointed out you keep falling into this mental trap over and over again.

And as to this singular issue, as a kid who grew up on free lunch, I honestly didn’t really put much thought into it because I didn’t see stuff like this where they got them willing to cut off the kids to spite their faces.

My personal view on this would go far more in depth than I can type on a phone but as I was saying, I wasn’t talking about this singular issues right here till this post, this was just one of the 3 marathon threads you have going now and so I just picked one because all 3 of them all seemed to boil down to “ideology over reality” which is a running theme for you when you go into this mode of thought.

Again, I wasn’t confining it to this singular issue and even pointed out you keep falling into this mental trap over and over again.

And as to this singular issue, as a kid who grew up on free lunch, I honestly didn’t really put much thought into it because I didn’t see stuff like this where they got them willing to cut off the kids to spite their faces.

My personal view on this would go far more in depth than I can type on a phone but as I was saying, I wasn’t talking about this singular issues right here till this post, this was just one of the 3 marathon threads you have going now and so I just picked one because all 3 of them all seemed to boil down to “ideology over reality” which is a running theme for you when you go into this mode of thought.
    I'm not falling into anything, I have no problem if people want to continue misrepresenting shit. They are free to do it.

You'll notice that I'm the one trying to keep it on topic, whilst others make it about libertarianism.

In this case, they are choosing to not go along with the temporary program, and are going along with the program that has been used since right after WW2.

I'm not falling into anything, I have no problem if people want to continue misrepresenting shit. They are free to do it.

You'll notice that I'm the one trying to keep it on topic, whilst others make it about libertarianism.

In this case, they are choosing to not go along with the temporary program, and are going along with the program that has been used since right after WW2.
    You keep it tangentially on topic but much like a guy who turns everything into an innuendo, you turn it all into a debate on some form of Libertarian ideology.

As far as this goes, I would love to see them use this as an indication that they need to remove these tards from office for actively voting against their children’s best interests based on views that are batshit in the context they are representing it in. Especially with how we have had kids literally having to rely on that food to eat at times because the food at home was lacking due to financial problems.

Personally, I would redo much of our educational, prison, and governmental system from the ground up but this is one where the district voting against the interests of their children needlessly based on batshit.

Edit:

Passenger on a trip and signal going too low, won’t be able to respond for a while.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-08-29 at 09:35 PM.