Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Why the negative response to all the positive changes in 9.1.5

Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.

New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing? This is a promising thing for the future.
    I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow). Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging, but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-08-29 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Because they don't represent a change in underlying game design philosophy. They're shuffling of deck chairs, not fixing the hole in the hull.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Because the damage is already done. We told them how bad things would be on launch and they didn't listen. 40 Guild members playing first tier for our mythic guild, as of right now I believe 5 are still subbed.

Because as most people that have voiced the negative sentiments pointed out, that this has become the MO of the devs since Legion.

(1) Introduce a system with obvious flaws / drawbacks
    (2) Disagree with feedback given during Beta
    (3) Reiterate after Launch that you disagree with it
    (4) Implement the suggested changes months after launch

People want functional systems with .0, not .3, .2 or even .1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not notice a single positive change in 9.1.5. Every change is net negative to the game. It's a sure way to ruin WoW.

Because these changes should've been there at launch, after they got tons of feedback on these exact changes during the beta. They did the exact same thing in BFA. So far they've proven nothing but their ability to eventually swallow their pride, after stubbornly keeping their course and pissing off players, for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    Because the damage is already done. We told them how bad things would be on launch and they didn't listen. 40 Guild members playing first tier for our mythic guild, as of right now I believe 5 are still subbed.
    And this new management working hard to try to make positive change was the ones in charge before launch?

5+ years of mismanagement and abuse doesn't go away with a patch and a forum post.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    5+ years of mismanagement and abuse doesn't go away with a patch and a forum post.
    Sure, but new management needs to start somewhere.

Im happy for the changes, but its kinda the bare minimum. Stuff that should have been there from the start

Like getting a pizza at a restaurant, but with no cheese. You send it back and it comes back with cheese.

Or the changes were decided before and there is nothing to do with the new management. Its a positive sure, the game is now in on a good 9.0 state (which in fact isn't that good). For now, i'll wait and see for next patch and expansion. Then we'll see if the new management really did something.
    Last edited by Thorcall; 2021-08-29 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start.
    Because it is exactly that, because they had all this negative feedback and specific criticism back during the beta. Responding to beta feedback a year late is not something you should be praising a game developer for.

Why people are going so hard on roasting them for it is because at this point it has become cyclical, and quite a few of us literally predicted this being the eventual outcome of the system because we could easily see just how badly the system was going to function.

Ion's still in the same position he has been in for a couple years now.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-08-29 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Because it's happened multiple times.

Because OP they have been doing the same fucking thing for 10 years or so. There is a reason why I dont even wanna go-hard on grinds, or even buy exspansion pack on launch, cause its always a shitshow and then they fix it later.

Fuck until flying comes wow is not even wow.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

> Player gives feedback (example badges for currency to buy shit that just won't drop)
    > Blizzard says no.
    > Player says, "MoP had the right idea, it could be improved."
    >Blizzard says no.
    > 1 year passes, Blizzard says ok but completely butcher the idea.

They do this for every type of feedback. They take what players want and go FULL RETARD with it.

Well, there's an easy fix. Offer up one free month sub for returning players, that decide to return from 9.1.5 to 9.2.

I mean the features are so great, that everyone will love to play them, right? Why not to give a generous free test ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because as most people that have voiced the negative sentiments pointed out, that this has become the MO of the devs since Legion.

(1) Introduce a system with obvious flaws / drawbacks
    (2) Disagree with feedback given during Beta
    (3) Reiterate after Launch that you disagree with it
    (4) Implement the suggested changes months after launch

People want functional systems with .0, not .3, .2 or even .1.5.
    Much as I prefer to not bash Blizzard, this is a repeating pattern.

I've mentioned this in quite a few threads already, but it bears repeating: everything in 9.1.5 announced so far was pretty much expected and standard for an X.1.5 patch. Yes, even the "ripcord" was expected, independent of all the crap and shuffling of people that's going on at Blizz.

The game and general sentiment towards the behavior of Blizz was pretty bad prior to the lawsuit announcement, it's just gotten worse. Be that as it may, pre-lawsuit situation was more than enough to warrant the need to have a "PR win" for 9.1.5. As such, with the consideration of how much time it would take to implement certain changes and add things to the game, much of the positive changes listed for 9.1.5 were likely being worked on prior to the lawsuit announcement. Bear in mind that we also don't know exactly how much influence the new leadership has (or even the old leadership had) over the state of the game, and 9.1.5 isn't a good enough indicator as the new team isn't going to throw out all the old plans and projects just because members changed. We're going to have to wait until 9.2 at the earliest to see the influence of the new team start kicking in, but honestly I feel 10.0 is the make-or-break point.

As others have pointed out, while these changes are great they still don't fix the fundamental issues that were wrong with the game. For me, it doesn't even address any of the issues I have or have had with the game that contributed to me unsubbing for the first time since I started playing in vanilla. To be fair, X.X.5 patches have always been about cosmetic/filler content and bandaging/addressing broken issues with the current expansion that should not have been there in the first place, not solving systemic issues with game design (aka, X.X.5 patches are generally 'damage control' for their current xpac). At best, I think 9.1.5 will slow down the hemorrhaging of players, but it's not going to bring back or increase the total amount of players overall. 10.0 is going to be the big indicator, in more ways than one.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-08-29 at 08:12 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

those changes are year to late

Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.

New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing? This is a promising thing for the future.
    I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow). Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging, but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    You are a very naive person if you believe this is because of the "new management" or that they're listening to feedback.

People are mad because it took nearly 1 year of live and several months of beta worth of complains about the shit systems.