View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Again, you are being the arbiter of what a valid class class for inclusion is, the arbiter for what a valid class write up is, the arbiter for what a clear and conside question is, have demonstrably clear bias (not only do you have entrants in your sig file, but you are literally known as 'The Tinker guy' on these forums) and when presented with faults in your method, instead of even pretending to address any of them you are resorting to your typical method of hand waiving things away you don't like or invalidate your point.

Feel free to ignore my criticisms of your methodology if you want. That's absolutely your prerogative. I fully intend to ignore the results of this 'poll' and will encourage others to do the same.
    If you look at the class concepts you posted versus the concepts in the OP it’s rather obvious why they were included and the threads you posted were not.

Now admittedly, that second Blademaster concept was quite good. However, if you really believe the Blademaster concept wouldn’t be sitting on the bottom next to Night Warrior and Old Dragonsworn, you’re fooling yourself.

There won't be a new class. They won't devote that kind of time or resources into a rapidly dying game. With all the turmoil in that company quality will suffer even more
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you look at the class concepts you posted versus the concepts in the OP it’s rather obvious why they were included and the threads you posted were not.

Now admittedly, that second Blademaster concept was quite good. However, if you really believe the Blademaster concept wouldn’t be sitting on the bottom next to Night Warrior and Old Dragonsworn, you’re fooling yourself.
    And yet you included the Night Warrior which doesn't seem to have an attached concept, and the 'Old Dragonsworn' which also doesn't have an attached concept, only a wiki entry.

So to clarify, in order for a class to be included, it has to meet the standards you set out for a what should be a class, in needs to have a character concept written up that meets your standards, unless you decide to include the class anyway, because why not.

Oh and when it comes to meeting this mysterious standard, almost 30% of included write ups were made by you. And another write up that you think is good isn't included because you don't think it will do well in the poll.

Does that about sum it up?

The problem I have with some of these other non-Tinker classes is that they could someday feel fresh, but right now they just don't cover any niches or cover an unexplored theme or source of power. Reiterated:

Dragonsworn: Another D-word hero class given powerful magic by ancient sources, of which the aspects we met govern branches of magic other classes have access to. Life, Arcane, Nature/Dream, Time & Earth, of which Mages, Druids and Shaman tap their powers from. Life magic, or whatever Alexstrasza uses, remains as something I'd like to see more of but we haven't since Cata.

Necromancer: Aside from the crossover with DKs the archetype they traditionally fill in RPG games (and sure enough what people draw reference to) is filled by the Warlock. Yes I know they are different from Warlocks, obviously. Warlocks and Necromancers existing within the same setting like in D&D have enough similarities between the two that they're often utilizing the same spells and memorabilia. Not an excuse for why we should NEVER have Necromancers, I just think on the freshness meter they score too low here.

Dark Ranger: Make a pitch to justify how they aren't another Hunter or won't be elf-centric. The Dark Rangers reminds me more of Sylvanas' Interpol agents than an entire identity of a class.

Bard: My second choice behind Tinker, though WoW needs some additional lore or race of people that weaponize music as an introduction.

Night Warrior: Actual what? Introduced recently to lore, extremely vague with what exactly Elune is empowering her with, fights like a DH/fury warrior from what we've seen, is entirely entrenched within a single race that already has a hero class, and a single person is a Night Warrior right now. hard pass.

Why it should be Tinker

- Completely unique arsenal.
    - Existed before WoW, established in lore
    - Gnomes + Goblins rarely have NPCs that reflect player classes. Both leaders are Tinkers.
    - Engineering has been straying further away from combat enhancing bonuses, both can exist with a redesign of engineering that doesn't have craftable grenades and combat throwables.
    - Could be a ranged class with a more Rambo approach to combat, emphasizing guns, explosives, mines. Could be a Tony Stark-esque class using advanced technology with power armor mech suits. Could be silly slapstick nonsense and Wile E. Coyote shenanigans with sticks of dynamite and steampunk machines - testament to the fact its so flexible with its design still and steps on no other class territory.

It was a constant battle between Demon Hunter fans and Tinker fans before Legion, Tinker's last obstacle is in the game now. Time for Tinker or bust.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-08-30 at 01:38 AM.

I don't see a new class but maybe additional specs like

1) Dark ranger with dark/domination as a fourth hunter spec. Stuff like withering arrows, wailing arrows. But also could be collapsed into more marksman skills instead.

2) Domination Magic/Necro as a fourth mage spec. Flavourwise makes more sense because the domination magic doesn't quite collapse into the fire/ice/arcane specs.

3) Night warrior as a fourth warriors spec. Warriors with a little bit of arcane magic. Paladins with arcane instead of holy.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2021-08-30 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    And yet you included the Night Warrior which doesn't seem to have an attached concept, and the 'Old Dragonsworn' which also doesn't have an attached concept, only a wiki entry.
    I included Night Warrior because it generated a large amount of hype during BFA and early SL, with posters repeatedly showing interest and posting about it.

So to clarify, in order for a class to be included, it has to meet the standards you set out for a what should be a class, in needs to have a character concept written up that meets your standards, unless you decide to include the class anyway, because why not.
    Do you feel that my standards are unfair or too high? Night Warrior got a slight pass on the concept side of things because it’s a fairly new concept. Blademasters have been around since WC3, and from my vantage point, I don’t see much demand for such a class. At least not on the level that I saw for Night Warriors.

Oh and when it comes to meeting this mysterious standard, almost 30% of included write ups were made by you. And another write up that you think is good isn't included because you don't think it will do well in the poll.
    Yeah, @Ielenia and @Amunrasonther also made 30% of the write ups in the OP. What’s the problem? I wanted quality write ups in the OP, and despite our differing opinions, those posters did some quality write ups.

Does that about sum it up?
    I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tinker all the way. I wanna be a crazed scientist "healing" people with concoctions, jabbing my group members with syringes and laughing cruelly as I do so.
    I hope they go all out and make them memorable, but I'm afraid they'll end up too vanilla compared to what I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There won't be a new class. They won't devote that kind of time or resources into a rapidly dying game. With all the turmoil in that company quality will suffer even more
    Exactly right, A new class just means another class that will either steal or duplicate abilities from other classes and dilute the experience across the board. Also, the new class will add another multiplication of problems balancing and bug fixing to a game that has just lost a ton of experience out the back door and any new ones will take at least a year to understand the game on a nuanced level. Right now they need a fundamentally better experience in each class that is already in the game which means making the talents actually interesting and fun to explore instead of annoying most players every expansion because you get a notice to put your points in the talent tree again. I swear that I probably would use a mod to automatically put the talent points in for me because it is so freaking boring.

Next thing is; make the professions fun, or at least interesting and open to creativity, the professions have been designed for far too long as a way to time sink players and not a way to have more fun experiences.

Also; stop catering to the small group that play mythic dungeons or high level raid, mythic dungeons is a path to burning out players with endless running of the same dungeons for an entire expansion with ever more annoying mechanics and high level raiding is a tiny percentile that will not sustain the game financially. There are many other things to improve but they will not listen anyway so why bother going on.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-08-30 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Spellbreaker/battlemage in there? No poll option for me to vote for. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Tinkers are basically engineers and necromancers are basically DKs... the only theme that hasn't been done on that list would be a musical-themed class, so my vote goes for the Bard.

Yet another SNIP
    Honestly, I've outlined the many flaws with this poll and don't see much point in repeating myself. If you want to ignore them and continue to hand waive things away that don't fit your rules or narrative, be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Tinkers are basically engineers and necromancers are basically DKs... the only theme that hasn't been done on that list would be a musical-themed class, so my vote goes for the Bard.
    There isn’t an engineer class either….

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    I don't see a new class but maybe additional specs like

1) Dark ranger with dark/domination as a fourth hunter spec. Stuff like withering arrows, wailing arrows. But also could be collapsed into more marksman skills instead.

2) Domination Magic/Necro as a fourth mage spec. Flavourwise makes more sense because the domination magic doesn't quite collapse into the fire/ice/arcane specs.

3) Night warrior as a fourth warriors spec. Warriors with a little bit of arcane magic. Paladins with arcane instead of holy.
    Could you provide some examples of domination magic?

I'd like some form of Dragonsworn. Dragon based classes can be cool. But whatever they choose, I hope it has a 1 sec gcd ranged spec, so I can have an alt to actually play. It's damn near impossible now to gear up a melee alt without a dedicated team.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

You forgot the "who cares" option, they will screw it up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I am quite familiar with the discussions around this sorta stuff, as i find it entertaining. I've read their points and know them, i just do not find them convincing in the slightest.

So for the sake of brevity i summarised my views on them in a clear and concise way.

Remember: caring a lot about something doesn't mean you're right in the slightest.
    I'm not sure what you mean, when you say that you "don't find them convincing."

You claim that Dragonsworn is not a class, that Dark Rangers are just Emo hunters and that the theme of the Necromancer is covered by Deathknights and Warlocks. I point out, how that is not the case, since unique classes has been thought up by the community. Your original statement is factually incorrect, since OP links to various concepts with a unique dragonsworn class, a Dark Ranger that's not just an "emo hunter" and a Necromancer class that is far beyond what we have seen with Deathknights and Warlocks.

That you don't like what you have read about said classes, is another but completely valid subject opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    We have some themes that covers multiple classes with different roles. Paladins and Priests comes to mind. One representation being the ranged holy user, the other being the melee holy user. We still need a ranged Death user, Melee Void, Melee Arcane user etc.

Sure tinkers are basically engineers AS A CLASS. Engineering is a few gimmicks that you can use, not anywhere near what a full class would be. I haven't seen the profession being a viable DPS, Tank or Healer
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2021-08-30 at 04:27 AM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No Spellbreaker/battlemage in there? No poll option for me to vote for. :/
    Aren't Enhancement Shaman or Death Knights a battlemage option?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I'd like some form of Dragonsworn. Dragon based classes can be cool. But whatever they choose, I hope it has a 1 sec gcd ranged spec, so I can have an alt to actually play. It's damn near impossible now to gear up a melee alt without a dedicated team.
    What would you think of a Dragonsworn class based on the Twilight Dragonflight?

i'd rather them add more specs to current classes; shield dps or 2h tank for warriors, holy dps for priests, caster dps for pallies, etc. Most of these ideas fit way better as a current class spec than a whole new class- if they ever go dragon isles then we will have another covenant-like thing.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

No new class. More specs. Including druid. And class skins.

All of these classes are either, kinda allready existing like hunters or engineers or to weird... like a bard. Just an opinion. Don't jump at my throat again because i don't like Tinkers. Also dragonsworn... if they are like followers of dragons ok. If they are supposed to be actuall dragons: Nop....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    i'd rather them add more specs to current classes; shield dps or 2h tank for warriors, holy dps for priests, caster dps for pallies, etc. Most of these ideas fit way better as a current class spec than a whole new class- if they ever go dragon isles then we will have another covenant-like thing.
    You say that Dragonsworn would be a covenant system. Okay. What class would Tinker and Bard go to in your opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    No new class. More specs. Including druid. And class skins.

All of these classes are either, kinda allready existing like hunters or engineers or to weird... like a bard. Just an opinion. Don't jump at my throat again because i don't like Tinkers. Also dragonsworn... if they are like followers of dragons ok. If they are supposed to be actuall dragons: Nop....
    Engineer is not a class, it's a profession. Thus, it isn't attacking you or "jumping down your throat", it is only correcting an error on your part.

You say that Dragonsworn would be a covenant system. Okay. What class would Tinker and Bard go to in your opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Engineer is not a class, it's a profession. Thus, it isn't attacking you or "jumping down your throat", it is only correcting an error on your part.
    Didn't say it was. Just think it covers everything we need in that direction^^