View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, when you say that you "don't find them convincing."

You claim that Dragonsworn is not a class, that Dark Rangers are just Emo hunters and that the theme of the Necromancer is covered by Deathknights and Warlocks. I point out, how that is not the case, since unique classes has been thought up by the community. Your original statement is factually incorrect, since OP links to various concepts with a unique dragonsworn class, a Dark Ranger that's not just an "emo hunter" and a Necromancer class that is far beyond what we have seen with Deathknights and Warlocks.

That you don't like what you have read about said classes, is another but completely valid subject opinion.

We have some themes that covers multiple classes with different roles. Paladins and Priests comes to mind. One representation being the ranged holy user, the other being the melee holy user. We still need a ranged Death user, Melee Void, Melee Arcane user etc.

Sure tinkers are basically engineers AS A CLASS. Engineering is a few gimmicks that you can use, not anywhere near what a full class would be. I haven't seen the profession being a viable DPS, Tank or Healer
    You seem not to grasp what a fact is, so there is no point in further conversation.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

WoW does not another class. WoW needs the existing classes done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Why not both though? We still have a lot of cool themes to cover for new classes.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Why not both though? We still have a lot of cool themes to cover for new classes.
    Blizzard can't deliver. They have been failing to achieve class/spec balance so I definitely wish to avoid making that task even more challenging. Especially because creating a new class would remove potenial man-hours from balancing the existing ones.

Blizzard can't deliver. They have been failing to achieve class/spec balance so I definitely wish to avoid making that task even more challenging. Especially because creating a new class would remove potenial man-hours from balancing the existing ones.
    Good point, but I think it's wishful thinking to expect the balance to ever be perfect. At best we can probably achieve specs/classes being the strongest in certain roles.

In a perfect world there would probably be a team dedicated for each class (fantasy, rotation, New talents etc.) And a team dedicated to balance (number, buffs, nerfs etc.)
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Didn't say it was. Just think it covers everything we need in that direction^^
    How can a profession cover a class? Professions can't preform class roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How can a profession cover a class? Professions can't preform class roles.
    Not going to start a discussion with you again about tinkers. Take it the way you want it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    None. The game doesn’t need new classes. There’s enough combinations available and I’d argue that most of the people demanding a new class don’t play every spec in endgame.
    Just curious, but how would you feel about most classes getting an additional spec instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Enhancement Shaman or Death Knights a battlemage option?
    Where they source their magic is something I'm factoring in for the term, if arcane isn't a component they can use then it doesn't qualify as the "mage" part of battlemage. DKs arguably come the closest to a battlemage, but their magic is more like that of a Necromancer than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I don't care what the class is, it's just going to play like the other classes anyways, I just want it to be a mail wearer
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Never going to happen because everyone will have something to complain about. So yeah, we need more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A summon combining with the character to create a new ability would be a new mechanic, not a reskin.
    What you’re explaining to me just sounds like a warlock sacrificing their minion for a buff. How is it any different mechanically?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't care what the class is, it's just going to play like the other classes anyways, I just want it to be a mail wearer
    Eh, I don't think that is a forgone conclusion. If they utilize a theme that isn't within the class lineup, that can open up gameplay opportunities not present in the current class line up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    What you’re explaining to me just sounds like a warlock sacrificing their minion for a buff. How is it any different mechanically?
    Nah, the Sacrifice ability simply gives you the Warlock's pet ability on the toolbar and ups your stats. This ability would add a visual weapon to your mech (like a laser cannon or shoulder missiles) alongside a completely new ability. It should be a cooldown though, with limited usage.

Oh, for fuck sake. The one day you wipe your ignore list, this tedious bellend pops up again (and again and again)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Just curious, but how would you feel about most classes getting an additional spec instead?
    I think that would be more challenging because that means blizzard would have to create 12 (11 if we exclude druids) specs and that’s more daunting than 2-3 for a single class. All that being said, I’d still prioritize that over a new class simply because it would mean the existing classes are being focused on and enhanced.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Gunslinger or gtfo.

Druid Tinker is my vote

I think we'll see Tinkerers eventually but considering the majority of the plot line has revolved around Sylvannas and her redemption its pretty obviously going to segwey into Dark Rangers being led against the Jailer next XP

Mecatorque isn't going to stab the jailer in the balls with a wrench in 9.2 and save the day

Voted for Dark Ranger as it checks some boxes like using ranged weapons and, being a mail user.

People who says it's too close to a Hunter just lack a bit of creativity imo. I made a concept for a Dark (/Void) Ranger that you can find in my signature. It's a unique concept very different from the Hunter that switches between ranged and melee combat with 2 specs specializing in either.

Heads up, the post is a bit outdated and some pictures may have been removed over time.

Op feel free to link to it in your post if you like.
    Your concept deserves more recognition! It’s really well done!

Another Dark Ranger concept that is also very good if you want to add it to your list @Teriz is @Hawthorne Wipes: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2019)-Long-one

———————————-

And can I just say, I’m AMAZED how well Bards are doing here! lol. I knew their popularity increased over on the main forums, but to see it also possibly happening on mmo-champ is really nice too! I’d never thought they’d be as popular as Necromancers and Dark Rangers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    And can I just say, I’m AMAZED how well Bards are doing here! lol. I knew their popularity increased over on the main forums, but to see it also possibly happening on mmo-champ is really nice too! I’d never thought they’d be as popular as Necromancers and Dark Rangers!
    Yeah, maybe one day they'll be as popular as Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod
    Give me any Druid spell or ability that you believe cannot be re-skinned to fit the Tinker theme
    The issue isn't reskinning Druid abilities to fit the Tinker theme, it's placing the known Tinker abilities in the Druid class without changing the latter's mechanics, which isn't possible. So you either pointlessly water down the Tinker concept to fit into the Druid class, or you give Tinkers their own class. The latter makes more sense.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-30 at 09:11 PM.