10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Lol you could say that about them updating every other starting area in Cata then. Doesn't make sense to believe this when the precedent tells otherwise.

You know ... Cataclysm was in 2010 ... Things have changed since.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    You know ... Cataclysm was in 2010 ... Things have changed since.
    Oh I don't think they will solely update BC zones for their own sake, and Darkshore and Arathi prove they are very willing to update old world zones to current content.

And in the case of of just creating more zones and updating old ones for an expansion, I do think we could be seeing more of the later in the future; Azuremyst Islands and Quel'thalas have a lot of potential, given that their 1-10 areas could be revamped as starting areas, while Bloodmyst and Ghostlands could become contested areas.

But I do believe a world -if albeit partial- revamp is likely, so that colors my perspective. I just don't think it will be one in one exp like Cata was, and more of updating areas as fitting/make sense for the story.

Teldrassil was a Horde capital before the Horde decided to burn it to the ground.

Silvermoon is and will always be the home of the Blood elves, that's a fact.

But I think the void elves under the guidance of Alleria will try to conquer it at some point.
    I assume you meant to say that Teldrassil was an alliance capital. And yes, it was destroyed by the horde, and in retaliation, undercity was also sacked. So if the alliance "conquer silvermoon", then that means the horde would need to retaliate and "conquer the exodar".

The requirement of parity is inescapable in a two-faction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I assume you meant to say that Teldrassil was an alliance capital. And yes, it was destroyed by the horde, and in retaliation, undercity was also sacked. So if the alliance "conquer silvermoon", then that means the horde would need to retaliate and "conquer the exodar".

The Alliance gets the magical city while the Horde gets the broken spaceship.

Sure, I don't have a problem with that. We have a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

Frankly I even don't care about Silvermoon.

Dalaran as an Alliance city sounds way more appealing to me. We just need a good looking city with some high elven architecture and notable high elven leaders such as Vereesa or Alleria.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

That's why I personally believe that even if a Thalassian civil war is to ever happen, it just couldn't end with the Alliance actually taking Silvermoon. The meta-narrative reasons will lead the story.

I really don't think there's a chance that Silvermoon will ever be alliance during WoW's time. I do think there is the possibility of a conflict happening, yes, but the factibility of Silvermoon switching sides in game just comes across as wishful thinking rather than an actual possibility.

Sure, now that's likely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dalaran as an Alliance city sounds way more appealing to me. We just need a good looking city with some high elven architecture and notable high elven leaders such as Vereesa or Alleria.
    That's why I want some rebuilt Highborne settlement.

Well, as a Ren'dorei player, I couldn't be happier

Since the Alliance capital Stormwind is now led by Alleria's husband, who is advised by Alleria herself. It can be said that Alleria now co-rules Stormwind. And she is the second most powerful character in the city now, behind only her husband the High King Regent.

I have been saying for years that the Ren'dorei would prove to be an exceptional asset to the Alliance, so I am happy for having been proven right once again

That's why I personally believe that even if a Thalassian civil war is to ever happen, it just couldn't end with the Alliance actually taking Silvermoon. The meta-narrative reasons will lead the story.

I really don't think there's a chance that Silvermoon will ever be alliance during WoW's time. I do think there is the possibility of a conflict happening, yes, but the factibility of Silvermoon switching sides in game just comes across as wishful thinking rather than an actual possibility.
    I agree. I just don't see it ever happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same way actually. I love Dalaran!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a Ren'dorei player, I couldn't be happier

Since the Alliance capital Stormwind is now led by Alleria's husband, who is advised by Alleria herself. It can be said that Alleria now co-rules Stormwind. And she is the second most powerful character in the city now, behind only her husband the High King Regent.

I have been saying for years that the Ren'dorei would prove to be an exceptional asset to the Alliance, so I am happy for having been proven right once again
    Until Turalyon gets eaten by the light and hes mind twisted. Sending the alliance into complete chaos and alleria is of no good since her powers clash with her husband.

Bound to happen with these 2 powerful forces trying to live together.

Exactly this; it just makes groups/races more distant when they don't have a foothold on Azeroth proper. Lightforged are on thin ice because they are on a spaceship just above orbit :/

My ideal places would be:

Shandaral, Crystalsong Forest: Visually stunning, Highborne past and lore, lots of magic for the VE to study, already a High Elf settlement in the area.

Twilight Citadel, Twilight Highlands: Not much elven background, but ripe with void related elements. Plus, with the closeness of the Wildhammer Dwarves we could get a bit of that camaraderie.

Lordaeron Range Lighthouse, Eastern Plaguelands: I kinda love the idea of the thalassian exiles settling there and just.. staring at Quel'thalas -specifially Windrunner Spire- and shaking their fists on the air. Bonus, it seems it was considered at one point already to be a VE area given the void effect that was added on the 7.3.5 PTR and now exist on live.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly; there's just a direct connection between the Highborne and High Elves and thus Void Elves that can be delved deeper into, and the whole being the center of operations of the void powered Naga just brings it all full circle.

It would just be amazing to see the Void Elves repair/rebuild that ancient imperial architecture with a Void Touch.
    These places are good candidates. I'd also add Darkshire (perhaps only a settlement shared with worgen, not truly a capital) or retaken Eldre'thalas. There is also the area between Plaguelands, I believe it's called Northeron or something like that. That is not added to the game so far and it's surrounded by invisible wall.

Also, if you look at the shoreline of EK and even Kalimdor, there are huge places who are basicaly just cliffs with empty patches of empty spaces. I'd really like for Blizzard to revitalize these empty places. They could make high/Void elves settle such area. Offtopic, I also miss outdoor versions of Arathi Basin/Alterac Valley/Twin Peake/WSG to maps, perhaps as a place for outdoor pvp activities? That could all make world more rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    These places are good candidates. I'd also add Darkshire (perhaps only a settlement shared with worgen, not truly a capital) or retaken Eldre'thalas. There is also the area between Plaguelands, I believe it's called Northeron or something like that. That is not added to the game so far and it's surrounded by invisible wall.

Also, if you look at the shoreline of EK and even Kalimdor, there are huge places who are basicaly just cliffs with empty patches of empty spaces. I'd really like for Blizzard to revitalize these empty places. They could make high/Void elves settle such area. Offtopic, I also miss outdoor versions of Arathi Basin/Alterac Valley/Twin Peake/WSG to maps, perhaps as a place for outdoor pvp activities? That could all make world more rich.
    Yeah! The Lordaeron Range Lighthouse is that place between the Plaguelands https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Que...ngdoms_terrain

As these aren't actually "capital cities", and really, barely are they hubs, they could be anywhere where it would make more sense lorewise. Although I'd really like if they were at least more hub like with flight points and some services like any other town.

There's just so many possibilities, and I think besides places I personally like, I'd like it to be a place with Highborne ruins.

Not sure if this is relevant, but wow.tools map tool lists a small map that's a slice of that lighthouse section of the eastern kingdoms as "VoidElf". I don't know if that's how it's listed in the game files, or not, but it looks like the site is using the game data.

Currently, if you go there in game, there's a strange visual effect not seen there in past iterations of the game. I think that visual effect appeared in BfA, but maybe it was at the end of Legion? I am unsure:

Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-31 at 12:50 PM.

Not sure if this is relevant, but wow.tools map tool lists a small map that's a slice of that lighthouse section of the eastern kingdoms as "VoidElf". I don't know if that's how it's listed in the game files, or not, but it looks like the site is using the game data.
    Yes, in the early patch 7.3.5 PTR, the area was initially linked to the playable void elf unlock questline. It was named Shadow of Azeroth, and approaching it caused the sky to turn violet akin to the Edge of Reality in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

Yeah! The Lordaeron Range Lighthouse is that place between the Plaguelands https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Que...ngdoms_terrain

As these aren't actually "capital cities", and really, barely are they hubs, they could be anywhere where it would make more sense lorewise. Although I'd really like if they were at least more hub like with flight points and some services like any other town.

There's just so many possibilities, and I think besides places I personally like, I'd like it to be a place with Highborne ruins.

Currently, if you go there in game, there's a strange visual effect not seen there in past iterations of the game. I think that visual effect appeared in BfA, but maybe it was at the end of Legion? I am unsure:
    That indeed looks like the most ideal spot for new home for Void/High elves. I actually like that their new home would be quite close to their homeland, creating tension with blood elves. I guess it was not implemented due to Quel'thalas itself being not included to EK continent map, but Outland map instead.

I also found a fan made concept of new high elf zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEsgomaSW20&t=184s

I actually like the idea of a city build on mountain plateau. Void elves with their racial ability to open void rifts make it easy to access for them, but difficult for other races. Telogrus Rift could work as a sacred place of pilgrimage for all ren'dorei and thalassians who want to delve into mysteries of the Void, but their new city on Azeroth would be more like place of everyday life.

It was probably meant to be the void elves base of operation, before they decided to make Telogrus

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was probably meant to be the void elves base of operation, before they decided to make Telogrus
    If that's the case, I think it was the right call because Telogrus is awesome!

If that's the case, I think it was the right call because Telogrus is awesome!
    Could have set the stage for the Quel'Thalas Warfront that was later deleted because Warfronts were terrible.

I reckon, in place of that Warfront, was the Sin'dorei Heritage Armor questline.

It's amazing this thread is 1200 pages long, but gotta give it to High Elf fans: you guys are persistent.

I'm happy the Blood Elf customization like ears and hairstyles are coming to Void Elves in 9.1.5!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostCodex View Post
    It's amazing this thread is 1200 pages long, but gotta give it to High Elf fans: you guys are persistent.

I'm happy the Blood Elf customization like ears and hairstyles are coming to Void Elves in 9.1.5!
    Hair colours.

Not the hair styles. Void Elves need their own hair styles, not more from the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Hair colours.

Not the hair styles. Void Elves need their own hair styles, not more from the Blood Elves.
    At this point all customization options should be shared between void and blood elves and night elves and nightborne.