Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    yes, we're finally getting covenant swapping without a huge hassle being involved. that said, why is it behind a time gate? the blizz post said you need a high renown to unlock this. even with the catch up systems, why time gate this? they are basically trying to say they were wrong but don't regret being childish about the feedback in the process. why can't we just get things we actually asked for?

some examples:

valor points: nobody wanted a weekly cap upgrade system. we wanted a catch up gear vendor. congrats, you made it even more annoying to get gear from m+ because now you need to get that lucky drop AND not spend your very limited pool of upgrade points.

covenant ripcord: timegated.

korthia: just more grind and grind without actual interesting things to do.

tier sets: remember when we were promised they were coming in 9.1? instead, we got domination sockets and tier sets were pushed back to 9.2.

JUST GIVE US THESE SIMPLE THINGS ALREADY!
    Many of the very few who wanted the gear vendor were either bad or didn't remember the actual gear vendors of old and seem to think it was a good system. Great Vault>valor vendors. So perhaps you should stop speaking for "everyone" as the gear upgrade system was perfectly adequate.

Korthia is no different than other zones people raved and continue to rave about.

Covenant ripcord is not timegated as it will be available on launch assuming you actually have been playing. *gasp* you need to play the game to get a reward!

I'll give you the tier sets and even up you that the gear in not just SL but BFA has been severely lacking in terms of actual variety. In SL we have all of a handful of sets with many recolors.

So you had 1 accurate point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    That's exactly what I plan to do, for the first time even. Never skipped a patch before. I just find it a bit sad since I want to play but just thinking about the artificial gate keeping stops me from resubbing. I also can't see this benefitting Blizz in the long run if more and more players end up doing this. It can't be a viable form of business.

And not really because I want it "easier" but I want the complete experience with all artificial problems and accidental issues dealt with.
    Then you never really enjoyed the game. Probably not the case which the real case is that you've basically allowed yourself to get brainwashed like a sheep along with all the others spouting the same tired lines that XXXX random streamer said but they'll claim it's their own original thought. I have yet to find a single person able to back up the majority of the complaints about SL without resorting to unquantifiable and unarguable things like "unfun" that really aren't even in any sort of a narrative argument because *shocker* they weren't the ones who actually came to the conclusion and as such don't have the logical backing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They never admmitted they were wrong. They only said they listened to feedback and implmented changes they were going to make anyway just like they have done the past several expansions.
    who cares about their admission? lmfao

they're only doing the same stuff over and over because of people like you that eat that sh*t and praise them.. not because it's working and is a good thing

Because of "slow them down" motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Isn't this normal throughout the recent expansions? Feels its common restrictions gets lifted over time. Which makes sense.
    Yes but also no.

This is without a double the most drastic shift in philosophy all at once. Hopefully its because Ybarra actually plays the game and knows what is needed and not just a knee jerk reaction to the recent drama surrounding Blizzard.

I choose to be optimistic, so hopefully Mike is the leader we needed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    things like skipping the maw intro should have come out last patch.
    Weapons like we had in legion should not be dropped at the end of the expansion
    they should become part of the player just like other specs/abilities.

From what I can see the new MMO from Amazon is going down that path, We invest so much time
    only to be dropped in a 30 second intro. The weapons talent system would cut out the need to add these pointless new additions.
    Anima/stygia. Exactly like Azerite.

anything that improves the current situation I will take just really hope they will understand when people post on the Beta forums
    detailed information its acted on not just ignored because they dont like what's being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    That's exactly what I plan to do, for the first time even. Never skipped a patch before. I just find it a bit sad since I want to play but just thinking about the artificial gate keeping stops me from resubbing. I also can't see this benefitting Blizz in the long run if more and more players end up doing this. It can't be a viable form of business.

And not really because I want it "easier" but I want the complete experience with all artificial problems and accidental issues dealt with.
    You've been lucky then. I've unsubbed for long periods in various expansions because the "artificial" gating (or whatever the term-de-jour is for things you don't like) made the game uninteresting for me. Sometimes I sub at the start of a patch and don't play for more than a week (BfA,) sometimes I sub right at the end and rush the content (Cata) and once I skipped most of an expansion (MoP.)

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are correct. The right way to play WoW has been to not play it, for years now.
    Sure, come on the .3 or .4 patch, do all the raids you missed and the latest one with fixed systems and skip until the next xpac. Buy the xpacs on the cheap too.
    For the people that absolutely hate the aforementioned limits at the beginning, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    things like skipping the maw intro should have come out last patch.
    I'd go further that introduction/on rails story questing the begins the expansion and is not remotely different based on class etc should be skippable on alts from the beginning.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2021-08-31 at 01:15 AM.

I won't consider the ripcord pulled until they make covenant class abilities to be swappable like talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I think it's fine Blizzard removes the quest to swap covenant, but they really should keep the cooldown.

If you can switch, more or less like talents, we will see people switch per fight in raids, maybe even dungeons.

Cooldown should IMO follow the weekly reset.
    And this hurts the game, you and the community how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I won't consider the ripcord pulled until they make covenant class abilities to be swappable like talents.
    aren't they functionally that way? you just talk to someone in oribos lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    yes, we're finally getting covenant swapping without a huge hassle being involved. that said, why is it behind a time gate? the blizz post said you need a high renown to unlock this. even with the catch up systems, why time gate this? they are basically trying to say they were wrong but don't regret being childish about the feedback in the process. why can't we just get things we actually asked for?

some examples:

valor points: nobody wanted a weekly cap upgrade system. we wanted a catch up gear vendor. congrats, you made it even more annoying to get gear from m+ because now you need to get that lucky drop AND not spend your very limited pool of upgrade points.

covenant ripcord: timegated.

korthia: just more grind and grind without actual interesting things to do.

tier sets: remember when we were promised they were coming in 9.1? instead, we got domination sockets and tier sets were pushed back to 9.2.

JUST GIVE US THESE SIMPLE THINGS ALREADY!
    1. no, people wanted a way to upgrade your gear so you had far less RNG, people didnt want a "catch up gear vendor" idk where you are getting your info
    2. the ripcord is not timegated... we will already have all the renown we need by the time it comes out.
    3. nice opionon
    4. that was literally never true, they said teir sets would be coming back but never said when, until funnily enough they said "we will be bringing them back likely in 9.2"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The way they've dragged out the Sylvanas thing since Wrath is ludicrous. I'm offended that they think I'm that stupid. The fact that they have millions of stupid followers is irrelevant. I'm offended for them, too, even though they are too much of a dumbass stupid idiot to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Yes but also no.

This is without a double the most drastic shift in philosophy all at once. Hopefully its because Ybarra actually plays the game and knows what is needed and not just a knee jerk reaction to the recent drama surrounding Blizzard.

I choose to be optimistic, so hopefully Mike is the leader we needed.
    Think Ybarra already dismissed the claims he's behind it. Think he said "Ion runs wow, not me."
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not caving to your complaints does not = ignoring feedback.
    Blizzard has done this shitty cycle for WoD, BFA and now shadowlands - and to a certain extent even in Legion. Each time they lose players because their systems are shitty and then they implement the changes in the X.3 or X.2.5 patch and then people praise the game for being great AFTER they implement the changes everyone was asking for. "caving to your complaints" is such a loaded phrase, considering they've ALWAYS implemented changes players asked for, often just way too late, and after they did the game felt way better to play.

If you enjoy defending shitty game design, have fun with a dead game I guess?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

amen brother, and that is what they have been doing for the last 5 years...... they need a 360 change !!!!!! ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Isn't this normal throughout the recent expansions? Feels its common restrictions gets lifted over time. Which makes sense.
    no it really doesnt make sence.

Features shouldn't be released in an inconvenient and annoying state only to become acceptable when restrictions are lifted after players have suffered throu them for 6-12months.

Thats not a normal way of designing games.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

it is nice to see that there are still fan boys who are totally blind and need to reply on every single line to defend the broken system. Good for you, everybody has an opinion but i agree to the original post. i will put the above in one line : all of the above should be implemented on the start of the expansion, you had 1.5 year to prepare and create and 3 months of testing and LISTENING to your community feedback.....

and i played for 15 years, defended the game like a lion untill my eyelids opend up and saw the light
    can't defend anything anymore that is rotten upon the core and spits on a whole community. but hey here is a new shiny mount (nr 754) for a 6 month sub without any new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Features shouldn't be released in an inconvenient and annoying state only to become acceptable when restrictions are lifted after players have suffered throu them for 6-12months.

Not what I was referring to either... I was referring to that things get easier to catch up to current content.
    That does make sense and is common across most, if not all, games that have content continuously added.
    So yes, it's normal.

Then if you like to the degree it happens is another matter, one I won't argue about due to the subjective nature of it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-08-31 at 08:01 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Here's the thing - one person's "annoying and inconvenient" is another person's "challenging and interesting." Just look at Vanilla, filled with things that modern players would find exceedingly "annoying and inconvenient" but a lot of people still consider it the peak of WoW.

BTW it isn't good to keep playing a game if you feel like you are suffering. Either keep away from the parts that require you to participate with such arduous and difficult mechanics or avoid the game altogether until Blizz have made it easy enough for you to enjoy.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2021-08-31 at 08:25 AM.

It’s because they are stubborn children that don’t like being wrong

With that being said I’m assuming that max renown is going to be as simple and quick as 40 was