Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Burning Crusade Classic: Looking for Group Preview

Burning Crusade Classic: Looking for Group Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Part of being in a stalwart band of adventurers is assembling that stalwart band in the first place. Need more heroes to round out your raid group? Looking for more to complete a Normal or Heroic Dungeon, or need help finding like-minded players for a tough group quest? If so, we have a feature just for you!

In Overlords of Outland, the classic Looking for Group interface received some behind the scenes improvements. While we’ve kept the look and feel you’re familiar with, these improvements should make it even better than you remember with more activities available, group listings, and more. Get back on track and find adventuring companions, hero.

THE BASICS

Just like in the original release of The Burning Crusade, the Looking for Group interface (default hotkey: I) can be accessed through a new icon on your action bar, next to the Social button. This will open a window that prompts you to indicate whether you want to start a group or join one that's already in the process of being assembled. Depending on your selection, either the "Looking for Group" or the "Looking for More" interface appears next. Both interfaces have tabs at the bottom that let you easily switch between the two.

LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE

This time the Looking for Group tab allows both solo players and parties to list themselves for up to three activities of their choosing, unlike the original tool that was only usable by solo players, t. You can select activities like Dungeons, Raids, Zones (for group questing), Heroic Dungeons, Battlegrounds, and Arena.

Once you’ve decided which activities you want to sign up for, enter a comment if desired (for example to inform other players what spec/roles you can fulfill), and click the “List Self” button to be listed in the Looking for More interface. Only players in your realm and faction will be able to see your listing, and activities for a listing can be updated after it is created by making any changes and clicking “Update” in the interface. Last but not least, you can list yourself for activities even while in a queue for a Battleground or Arena.

RECRUITING FOR DANGER

The Looking for More tab allows a solo player or partial group to browse for additional members to complete a group. Select your desired activity from the drop-down menus (for example if you need a few more players to round out your Karazhan run, select “Raid” and then “Karazhan”) to see players who have listed themselves for that activity. Zone, level, and detailed party member information are included in there for you as well.

From there the group leader can click on a player’s name to invite them to the group or send them a message. You can also click “Refresh” to browse new player listings.

ADVENTURE TIME

These changes and more await you in Overlords of Outland, and we hope you’ll have an easier time finding like-minded players to take on Kael’thas and Lady Vashj. Good luck, and happy grouping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck was this earlier when it was needed?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Where the fuck was this earlier when it was needed?
    There was no lawsuit back then. Now it is important for them to listen.

too little, too late
    There are other people with better "blizzlike" wow "versions" enjoying them right now, thanks blizz for showing us that you guys havent done jack the last 10 years.

Better later than never. Still, they should have put in the original version and kept it until the revised version was ready.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    TBC had LFG???
    Yea, it was trash and no one used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Yea, it was trash and no one used it.
    wrong. imo. it was great and waaaaaay better than the actual tool. why? because you list yourself on a blackboard and leaders could search through and call you. thats waaaay better than today, when leader lists him and you call him.

i have just no interests and time to list all the 10 good reasons WHY this is way better (most ppl played back then know this anyway). but i play since 2005 without any interruption (also both today, retail and tbcc) and i would trade modern lfg pug tool against the tbc version every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wrong. imo. it was great and waaaaaay better than the actual tool. why? because you list yourself on a blackboard and leaders could search through and call you. thats waaaay better than today, when leader lists him and you call him.

i have just no interests and time to list all the 10 good reasons WHY this is way better (most ppl played back then know this anyway). but i play since 2005 without any interruption (also both today, retail and tbcc) and i would trade modern lfg pug tool against the tbc version every day.
    no it was pretty garbo, no one used it back then
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Wrong. Lots of people used it. Far better then trying to answer 28 whispers trying to fill that one dps spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

i used it. most of the ppl i knew at this time used it. at least on my realm (there wasnt crossrealm).

so, we are „no one“ ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong. Lots of people used it. Far better then trying to answer 28 whispers trying to fill that one dps spot.
    exactly this. imo.

but that BJH dog avatar above, with the 7 years member subtitle (^^), seems to be the „i know everything“ superdog. so i am not sure if you crash his recall and reality image. IF he ever played by himself in 2007 and not just talking shit about something he never did by himself.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-31 at 12:12 AM.

i used it. most of the ppl i knew at this time used it. at least on my realm (there wasnt crossrealm).

so, we are „no one“ ?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly this. imo.

but that dog avatar above seems to be the „i know everything“ superdog. so i am not sure if you crash his recall and reality image, IF he even ever played by himself in 2007 and not just talking shit about something he never did by himself.
    You seem a little salty chief. No, no one used it. Maybe a handful did, true, and if you are desperate enough to claw out that technicality for an internet win, well congratulations. *pat pat*. You got me.

No, no one used it in the three servers I was on aside from maybe a handful of people in ye olden years. Maybe it was better, who knows, I'm not subbed to do any comparison. But it was very unpopular and seldom used.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Better later than never. Still, they should have put in the original version and kept it until the revised version was ready.
    is the new version they add in TBCC now, different from what they had in TBC in 2007 ?

- - - Updated - - -

You seem a little salty chief. No, no one used it. Maybe a handful did, true, and if you are desperate enough to claw out that technicality for an internet win, well congratulations. *pat pat*. You got me.

No, no one used it in the three servers aside from maybe a handful of people in ye olden years. Maybe it was better, who knows, I'm not subbed to do any comparison. But it was very unpopular and seldom used.
    ahhh, i understand. you knew EVERYONE on EVERY realm. i assume you had „the data“. kk.

ahhh, i understand. you knew EVERYONE on EVERY realm. i assume you had „the data“. kk.
    I assume you have an argument here?

I assume you have an argument here?
    no. not for you.

seriously, why the hell should i come up with an argument, when you came up with „no one used it. cause i say so.“. are you on drugs? are you 12 years old?

lol, no thx. no „discussions“ with ppl like you.

bb

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

indeed we used it back in 2007, that guy must be a wotlk player for sure thats why he didnot know what you are talking about

is the new version they add in TBCC now, different from what they had in TBC in 2007 ?
    Their posts on the subject suggest that they are doing some changes to it. I'm curious to find out just what those changes are that they required several months of development time.

because there are no 10 good reasons.

edit: I don't think there are even 5 good reasons. Only one is if you are a group leader you were not being spammed by whispers. I ignore every whisper anyway, so there goes the only reason at least for me.

This LFG is actually letting you see if anyone is even interested in doing an activity, old LFG was you sit there and wait while you have no clue if anyone is even looking for people. /4 was way better and faster, hence why almost* no one used that tool.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-08-31 at 11:57 AM.

Never used it as I never knew the group finder was even a thing back in 07/08 XD guess I was lucky that I was in a very active guild back in the day

But by what I’ve heard that the old LFG uses some components of retails LFG system without the negatives then I’ll be all for it! But tbh I’ve gotten used to LFG bulletin board

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Their posts on the subject suggest that they are doing some changes to it. I'm curious to find out just what those changes are that they required several months of development time.
    ah ok. thx!

was the original lfg tool in original TBC implemented at release or did they add it with a patch later? can remember myself well on using the tool, but can not remember clearly, if it was there directly from the start of TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    because there are no 10 good reasons.

edit: I don't think there are even 5 good reasons. Only one is if you are a group leader you were not being spammed by whispers. I ignore every whisper anyway, so there goes the only reason at least for me.

This LFG is actually letting you see if anyone is even interested in doing an activity, old LFG was you sit there and wait while you have no clue if anyone is even looking for people. /4 was way better and faster, hence why almost* no one used that tool.
    so, we have different points of view here and diffrent experiences. and thats ok.