Poll: Would you rather?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldnt risk getting another BfA faster than intended, so Shadowlands all in plox.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    People don’t give a shit about that. If they’re having fun they’re going to keep playing. People aren’t having fun. The expansion sucks. Covenants are not fun, because of Renown, Conduits, and picking whichever sims the highest. Torghast got old real quick. The amount of systems is ridiculous. They even added another one in 9.1 (dom sockets), despite feedback that no one likes all these systems.
    Maybe they don't, there's no real way to know; but there are still plenty of people having fun. As I said in my post that you quoted, the majority of players are casuals who predominantly spend their time questing, and will never post to a forum. There are still over 3 million users who log in regularly to play. The expansion isn't the best, it has problems, it has been frustrating at times, but it doesn't suck, covenants are fun, I enjoy renown. The amount of systems can be avoided, I never go into Torghast and couldn't care less, I chose my conduits once and left them at my original choice because I don't care about min/maxing, and I don't do any raiding or PVP, so I also completely avoid dom sockets. *shrug*

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep Shadowlands of course. The main plot story isn't over yet and it can be really good and enjoyable if it's done right. If we would go next expansion stright away then everyone would have to pay another 40 euro without happy ending to the story. That's not really what I would like to have.

I figure 9.2 is going to be the end anyway.

The Jailor is already on his way for the ultimate mcguffin. 9.2 has to be that. And after the universe is saved from him remaking it, what the heck would 9.3 be?

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I'd rather they polish and improve the game than cater to people just hoping to jump to the new FOTM.

Assuming that the next expansion will automatically be better comes down to the moronic idea of "1 good 1 bad", which simply doesn't hold water considering every single person has a different idea of which expansions were good.

I'd rather they take a long time getting 10.0 right than rush ahead to stem losses. A new WoW expansion will sell record copies anyway, regardless of how the previous expansion went.

- - - Updated - - -

And the award for shittiest business decision ever goes tooooo: Blizzard if they did this.
    How they make "business decisions" is what got them in this position in the first place. Unless you liked Warcraft 3 Refunded? or WoW shadowlands? or bfa? or maybe u love how they operate a workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    How they make "business decisions" is what got them in this position in the first place. Unless you liked Warcraft 3 Refunded? or WoW shadowlands? or bfa? or maybe u love how they operate a workplace?
    WoW has been a money printing machine and doubled since Legion onward.

Try again, but without attempting to suggest that the scandal permiates all teams or that WoW is interlocked with the performance of other titles.

Or rather, don't try again, because my point stands.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I figure 9.2 is going to be the end anyway.

The Jailor is already on his way for the ultimate mcguffin. 9.2 has to be that. And after the universe is saved from him remaking it, what the heck would 9.3 be?
    There are valid arguments against 9.3, but story isn't one of them. If I remember correctly, Jailer went to Sepulcher not to remake universe, but to gain knowledge how to do it. I can easily picture 9.2 = Sepulcher + Anduin as season 3 boss, then 9.3 = invasion of Azeroth (revamp of Northend) + Jailer as season 4 boss.

Also small hint - on Oribos top floor we still have two spots left for portals to future content. And we know they use them for patches - in 9.1 Korthia took one free spot and Tazavesh spot behind flight master.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Assuming the game continues through 10.0, gameplay continues improving, and is enjoyable regardless of the outcome; would you rather:

1. Get a 9.3 even if it means Shadowlands lasts well over 2 years and breaks the xpac every 2 years cycle.
    2. Have 9.3 get cut like 6.3 was in WoD to keep the xpac cycle consistent.

Personally I'd prefer Shadowlands to last longer; I'd rather they take their time to execute their vision rather than rushing/cutting things to meet the schedule. Despite all of it's issues, I love the aesthetic of Shadowlands and don't feel a dire need for a completely new theme. I assume I am in the minority, but I'm curious as to the breakdown.
    the length of an expansion isn't really the issue. the only thing that matters is length between final patch and new expansion. we very likely won't see 9.2 until mid January which means if we get a 9.3 (which I am not convinced we will because the Jailer is the final boss of the expansion, or so they said, and I honestly can't see any other final boss of the next raid other than him) then it will drop around June/July 2022. which would put the next expansion at maybe March-April 2023. that is fine by me, I'd rather a solid end to this expansion and an even better next expansion than a shit end to this one

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the length of an expansion isn't really the issue. the only thing that matters is length between final patch and new expansion. we very likely won't see 9.2 until mid January which means if we get a 9.3 (which I am not convinced we will because the Jailer is the final boss of the expansion, or so they said, and I honestly can't see any other final boss of the next raid other than him) then it will drop around June/July 2022. which would put the next expansion at maybe March-April 2023. that is fine by me, I'd rather a solid end to this expansion and an even better next expansion than a shit end to this one
    To be honest I would love if they go Legion way again (but without cuting SL this time) - reveal on next Summer (gamescom or separate - but live! - event), details on proper Blizzcon, launch two years from now (which would also bring nostalgia from Legion/BfA/Classic).

But sadly I can't see community to be that patient, unless Blizzard would warn that next expansion is something bigger than usual and 10.0 would indeed be proper world revamp.

Shadowlands is dead anyway. Let it float dead in the water for 2 years and make a good expansion again instead of rushing another bad expansion out.
    But the reality is that Blizzard is completely shit right now and they will probably take a long time to make a new expansion anyway that will probably also be shit again. I dont like people shitting on Ion, those people are just morons who need to find a scapegoat, but WoW probably needs a whole new team to make it good again.
    With BFA and Shadowlands its very clear that those devs have no idea what they are doing or that they are forced to make the game worse and delay good changes for some nefarious Activision reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Assuming the game continues through 10.0, gameplay continues improving, and is enjoyable regardless of the outcome; would you rather:

1. Get a 9.3 even if it means Shadowlands lasts well over 2 years and breaks the xpac every 2 years cycle.
    2. Have 9.3 get cut like 6.3 was in WoD to keep the xpac cycle consistent.

Personally I'd prefer Shadowlands to last longer; I'd rather they take their time to execute their vision rather than rushing/cutting things to meet the schedule. Despite all of it's issues, I love the aesthetic of Shadowlands and don't feel a dire need for a completely new theme. I assume I am in the minority, but I'm curious as to the breakdown.
    Considering 10.0 is delayed no matter what
    I prefer new content

gameplay continues improving
    That's quite an assumption considering it's current state.

Another useless MMO-C poll...

WoD was the exception to the norm. Most expacs have the .3 patch. So...yes, I'd like a .3 patch, but also stick to the 2 year timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    End it with 9.2, make 9.2.5 fill a gap to 10.0 with some transition story, event and 2 bosses mini-raid.

I mean it does not even make sense to have 9.3 in context of what we have now - we're practically have Jailer left and he's at the destination - it's full endgame mode there anyway.

Just let us kill the Jailer asap and get rid of this tedious boredom.

They are basically releasing 9.3.5 into the 9.1.5 so were definitely done after 9.2..

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Another useless MMO-C poll...

WoD was the exception to the norm. Most expacs have the .3 patch. So...yes, I'd like a .3 patch, but also stick to the 2 year timeline.
    Thanks for calling my post useless, while still bothering to respond, I guess that means your response is useless too! There is no chance Shadowlands will have a .3 patch and 10.0 will come out less than 2.5+ years after Shadowlands released, but I appreciate your optimism.

Despite all the negativity, this is still easily one of my favorite expansions in a lot of ways, and I am in no hurry to end it and move on to one that will likely be inferior, so I would prefer more patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike Shadowlands story. They could have done something great, they did something boring, disrespectful to the source material and unengaging.

So, the sooner we get out of there, the better.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    End it with 9.2 and just dump all the borrowed powers as we flow into 10.0 aboard the USS Hope.