Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You people are never satisfied. If you don't like the game so much then quit playin no one will miss you and I will thank you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Where's those magical sub numbers you have access to?
    WoW api for example, where you can easily track how many that do different content. The number of players that have killed Tarragrue on any difficulty was almost 50% lower than the numbers for Shriekwing in the previous tier, a couple of weeks ago for example. While the numbers aren't necessarily 100% accurate in terms of exact sub numbers, they give a pretty good indication on how things are going. When there are drastic declines in people doing content, it's not far fetched to assume the number of subs are declining quite rapidly as well. And this is happening in a period where a lot of games see increasing numbers due to more ppl being at home and resorting to gaming during Covid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidwing View Post
    You people are never satisfied. If you don't like the game so much then quit playin no one will miss you and I will thank you personally.
    Then you'll probably be happy with the sharp drop in Blizzard's MAUs. Looks like people are following your advice, after all
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pandering to people with changes that have been suggested since beta but willfully ignored because Blizzard knows best. I think people are happy with the changes but they're bothered that it took them this long and a massive player and community drop to do it, as some weak attempt to pull people back in.

It's especially true when in the same post you make these changes you practically make a statement removing it being a mistake on your part. If it wasn't a problem for this long, and everyone was complaining for over a year, and now you change it? Yeah, that change wasn't made for you, it was made for them.
    Last edited by La; 2021-08-31 at 02:11 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Look at the new PvP changes - 5% mana nerf to healers. Literally nobody is asking for that, and everything that people have been asking for hasn't been changed. So obviously they aren't listening to player feedback. They're running on auto pilot from a pre-planned schedule they mapped out months and months ago. Nothing is being done to make the game better, but rather to suck players back in for their own selfish reasons.

In a player base so large there will always be a faction that is not satisfied. With WoW you get a little more of a special group: those who thrive on complaining, like they know no other way to communicate with others. And of course they are "loud" on the forums. People are a lot more apt to complain here then to praise anything.

We were satisfied for a really long time and then Blizz changed. We just aren't happy with what they've done to the game. This was our source of entertainment, its how we had fun. We paid to play a game a certain way and after many years of letting us do that, they stripped it from us. Of course anyone would be upset from that, no matter what its from. You wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the same way but the difference is that there are still a few small elements of the game left that you can enjoy so you haven't reached your breaking point, yet. There will come a day when what you enjoy is capitalized on and that too will be stripped away, making you want change and nobody will be there to help you get back what was taken from you. Take a step back to listen to what people are complaining about instead of getting yourself upset that people are complaining. Most people here have quit, thats why we're here - we don't have a sub to post on the official forums. This is where we hang out to talk about the game that was once a big part of our life. The irony here is that I could say to you - if you don't like it then leave these forums.

Looking at the offical forums it looks like blizz is removing posts to try and spin the announcements. I've noticed a few of the highest rated ones pruned

Players in Beta: "X is a problem, please do Y"
    Blizz: "Nah, X is the what players need."

One year later:

Blizz: "We are doing Y! Praise us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing?
    We are all to cynical to believe these change announcements had anything to do with new management and were probably already planned in the pipeline as a distraction from the shrinking player base and ongoing drama/litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    In a player base so large there will always be a faction that is not satisfied. With WoW you get a little more of a special group: those who thrive on complaining, like they know no other way to communicate with others. And of course they are "loud" on the forums. People are a lot more apt to complain here then to praise anything.
    WoW had 10m subs and now its down to maybe a million? Thats more than just a fraction, in fact theres a small fraction that are satisfied with the game, and satisfied is being generous since most of the people left are only doing it for their stream/youtube channel. In all regions, there are 2700 characters above 2.4 in arena, and there are 4800 characters who have killed M sylvanas. Unfortunately we can't see unique accounts so we don't know how many of those are alts, but on the PvP side I know most people have at LEAST 2 characters. So an MMO thats heavily focused on end game content, has what, 200 people to play with throughout the day and you're satisfied with that? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Reviewing it, all seems good to me. Particularly a fan of some love for the allied races like nightborne eye squint. It's the little things. Like during BFA when I said "literally the only two things I need to salvage this expansion are alpaca mounts and curse of the dreadblades back", both of which we now have.

Still lingering saltiness as far as the end of 9.1's raid but unlike most here I'm waiting to see how the expansion actually ends to see where they take it, I've been pleasantly surprised before.

Still negative towards Blizzard overall as a company with recent lawsuits but that's not relevant to any of the 9.1.5 changes I've seen so far.
    i assume the problem here is, not everyone, formost ppl playing the game since release, have such low expectations. imo.

that said: and even that expectations they have are not THAT high. i mean, wanna have more than 1 raid and 1 island release for a full year, or just wanna have some real content, instead of systems upon systems upon systems, just because its cheap, …. this sounds not like TOTALLY oversized unrealistic expectations.

and to be clear here: a lot of ppl not wanna more or less, than we had in previous xpacs, like TBC, WotlK, Cata, Legion or MoP. so its not that unrealistic, since blizz already did this in the past (when they not had billions over billions).

sorry, but for my taste, the negativity ppl have, is EXACTLY what Blizz deserves. and its not created by the ppl or their high expectations, but created by the cost effective cheap shit blizzards greed produces.

the only difference now is, ppls patience has reached its end and they start finally voting with their wallets. and stop playing and paying. and thats a good thing. because its the only option, if something ever will change towards a better game.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-31 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    We are all to cynical to believe these change announcements had anything to do with new management and were probably already planned in the pipeline as a distraction from the shrinking player base and ongoing drama/litigation.
    Mike Ybarra, the "new management" said Ion handles WoW. So there is literally no new management for WoW.

the funny side of all of this:

we heard 15+years about the next „wow killer“ and „wow is dying“. its somewhat funny that in the end their greed and their incompetence ruined it and sink one of the biggest ships into the ground.

and just to make my opinion clear here: wow now IS dying (if they do not change things). its obvious as fuck. and all the known numbers shows it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Looking at the offical forums it looks like blizz is removing posts to try and spin the announcements. I've noticed a few of the highest rated ones pruned
    they do this since years. another reason why some of the ppl stop playing and paying them.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly this is what happens more and more.

but i have bad news for you: if everyone that complains instantly following your advice, you soon will not play wow any longer. when Blizz tells you in nice simple words why its best for the game, to stop develop retail further and convert it into SL Classic and keep going solely with Classic releases (Wotlk, Cata…), you soon play alone and you soon have no further retail development anymore.

so, at least in my mind, i suppose the better reality for ppl like you is: ppl complain and blizz change things and your beloved game still exists in 2-3years, than ppl quitting and wow is stopped. or not?

i am not sure, if ppl with your mindset are happily playing a discontinued/legacy game with a 5000 playerbase. really not sure about that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-31 at 02:59 PM.

Negative response is explained very simply. Players have been complaining about all this crap since SL beta, and Blizzard didn't make the changes until they were embroiled in a huge scandal. They should have done all this stuff right away. It wasn't done in an honest attempt to improve the game, it was done to stop subscription bleeding.

Many listened to those advices and dont need pathethic "thanks" from white knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Classic Andies sure miss no opportunity to let everyone know how fun their dead game is.

It's ok, let us figure this one out without involving that thing.
    Oh the irony of this post. Imagine someone in retail WOW pointing out a dead game. A dead game being propped up in numbers for two years by the other supposed "dead game." Points for the originality on the term Classic Andie though. Very unique. Never heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    EXACTLY thats the hot spot here. once, with 7-10+ mio players they in fact had no target audience and a super wide spreaded player base. and that missing target audience and their try to cater to everyone was often the root of many problems.

but whats about now, with maybe 2mio players at best? maybe its time for them to think about „target audience“. there is no longer the need or a gain, to cater to everyone.

but the question then will be: WHO is retails target audience ?

should they just continue doing the game like SL and cater towards the 1 mio that likes that?
    or target the players you lost or loose, to keep them or get them back?

idk. but when you loose that much players, like they did, i would start thinking about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Many listened to those advices and dont need pathethic "thanks" from white knight.
    he thanks them, after enough are gone, while he is playing literally alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Raid's not bad, it's just giga undertuned. We're already progressing at M.Sylv with our 2 3-hour nights a week. The only big wall was Pain, after which 2 subsequent bosses dropped dead in one night and KT followed shortly after.

I do however shudder to think what will happen in 2 weeks from now when we down Sylv... it will be what, half a year of farm? Big yikes.
    The number of 6 hour guilds (actual 6 hour guilds, not extra day for heroic) who have killed mythic sylv or are even progging on mythic sylv is trivial.

The raid may be undertuned but this is not at all representative of even the mythic playerbase, which is already tiny.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Negative response is explained very simply. Players have been complaining about all this crap since SL beta, and Blizzard didn't make the changes until they were embroiled in a huge scandal. They should have done all this stuff right away. It wasn't done in an honest attempt to improve the game, it was done to stop subscription bleeding.
    you should add to above:

„and it works for some more simple minded ppl, that believe the „honest attempt to improve game“ stuff, while others are „a bit“ more sceptical.“