Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    sadly they backtracked that as fast as they could basically losing half the playerbase in the effort.
    10Man was overall still harder in Cata than Wotlk.

After all, the consolidated the split between 10man and 25man there.
    In Wotlk, 10man was pretty much inferior to 25man in terms of difficulty / loot (altough one can debate over the difficulty of 10 man heroic and 25man Normal).
    That's reflected in the Ilvl of the loot, taking ICC as example.

10Man Normal 251
    10Man Heroic 264
    25man Normal 264
    25man Heroic 277

In Cata, it was changed that normal drops normal Ilvl regardless of raidsize, so 10 man Normal was tuned to be in line with 25man.
    10Man Normal in Cata was not equivalent to 10man Normal in Wotlk, it was harder.

ye its much better sitting in a que not talking to anyone and afking 30mins or more.........and get couple randoms you most likely dont even want to talk to xD
    I can at least do something while sitting in a queue instead of spamming trade chat..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-27 at 01:15 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    sadly they backtracked that as fast as they could basically losing half the playerbase in the effort.
    The backtrack on difficulty was mainly about dungeons (iirc), not raids. Since both 10 and 25 man versions dropped the same ilvl, Cata 10 man were generally harder than their WotLK counterparts, and sometimes even harder than the 25 man version. In general, PvE tuning was all over the place in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The backtrack on difficulty was mainly about dungeons (iirc), not raids. Since both 10 and 25 man versions dropped the same ilvl, Cata 10 man were generally harder than their WotLK counterparts, and sometimes even harder than the 25 man version. In general, PvE tuning was all over the place in Cata.
    Part of me wonders to this day if cata wouldnt of been alright if they had just had mythic dungeons earlier rather then their desperate back and forth.

Until the person at the top changes the motto from "be safe and build it so they have to stay" to " Take risks and build it so they want to stay". The Dev team behind it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I can at least do something while sitting in a queue instead of spamming trade chat..
    You mean that stuff you can do in the world while spamming the looking for group channel?

I miss 10-mans guys... please don't talk about it... it's depressing.

You mean that stuff you can do in the world while spamming the looking for group channel?
    There's a lot less people in the LFG channel. You also have people who may be doing things in town in am alt and not actively looking for something, but saw your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    What talent?

What successful systems have you seen in a Blizzard IP in the last 5 years?
    They even had GOOD ideas they executed so badly everyone hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    There's a lot less people in the LFG channel. You also have people who may be doing things in town in am alt and not actively looking for something, but saw your post.
    Generally there is more since people dont sit in the citys all day, and people are better players today so they know how the chat works to a greater extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    They even had GOOD ideas they executed so badly everyone hated it.
    Like what all they have done is fill the game with boring content that is made to be rerun over and over again and this is boring.

There is no depth to raids or dungeons anymore, so any form of adventure is dead.

They keep just making stuff that is the minimum work and effort from them, and almost never fun for more than 1 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Bruh, the trend of catering to casuals and dumbing down raids has been something that's been happening since wrath of the lich king. I get that you're mad that FF is exploding to the point that they literally had to close down character creation due to how overcrowded the servers are and WoW is a ghost town, but you should seriously use your brain and think for a second before blaming FFXIV players on bad raid design, lmao.

Also, if you think FFXIV raiding is easy, go blind prog an ultimate fight with a fresh prog group. If you kill it in under 100 hours of gameplay I'd be massively impressed.
    I have progged UWU and UCOB, not completely blind but everyone fresh to the fights, getting really tired of the "just do it completely blind argument" no one plays the game that way, I've played since ARR lmao

I always love when people make assumptions about the people they're talking about, also if you think Mythic raiding is simpler than ICC 25H you haven't done anything relevant in the past 10 years

In terms of mechanical difficulty FFXIV raiding is learning a dance and standing in precise places at a certain time, it's very repetitive and they constantly copy and paste mechanics, it's the least inspired part of the entire game

Well other than Bozjan which was like the same 3 fights for CEs and literal random mob models they had saved up
    Last edited by Saintlel; 2021-09-10 at 10:07 PM.

I don't really know if blizzard has a lot of talent left. They are known for paying far below the industry average and most of the people who made them what they are left didn't they?

I thought they have been suffering from brain drain for years, Add to that the fact they are no longer seen as a industry leader or a prestigious place to work and I doubt they attract much talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I don't really know if blizzard has a lot of talent left. They are known for paying far below the industry average and most of the people who made them what they are left didn't they?

I thought they have been suffering from brain drain for years, Add to that the fact they are no longer seen as a industry leader or a prestigious place to work and I doubt they attract much talent.
    Yeah. Blizzard, talent? HAHAHAHA. That's funny. The company has been completely gutted in the past 4-5 years. They are a shovelware company, that doesn't pay enough for their employees to even eat in the cafeteria, and release low effort garbage. If Activision is smart, they will just shut them down and retire the Blizzard name. It's not worth anything anymore. They already cashed in all the goodwill they once had, the company is worthless now. I see Blizzard now and I go eww, not interested in their crap. Hell, One Finger Death Punch 2 is 100x better than anything Blizzard has made anytime recently. When an indie developer that was only ever known for making games about farting outdoes you by 100 times over, there's something wrong. The ONLY Blizzard product made in the last 7 years that was any good was Legion.

I say this as someone who used to be a HUGE Blizzard fan, but dropped them completely in 2018. "Don't you guys have phones" was the last straw for me. Any company that treats its customers like that doesn't get my money. That was only the tip of the iceberg too, it's come out since then they are MUCH worse than anyone ever imagined.