Poll: Do you think Alleria, Vereesa and elves like Valeera are traitors to Quel'Thalas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Veressa - definitely. She actively killed her own kin. As to what Alleria will become with more void powers, we will see. Currently, she is the enemy of the Sunwell, but not a traitor.

Vallera seems to be loyal to both Wrynn bloodline and Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Does the alliance even know this ever happens? All of Garithos men were killed by sylvanas and he was a commander of lorderon so it’s not like every one knew he was a racist twat as almost every other lorderon commander who could have known him is also dead or forsaken.
    well, he was in command of Alliance forces, im pretty sure all knows his racism.
    And for all blue fans - in prepatch only, ONLY force that helps blood elves with undeads in Ghostlands - forsaken. Literally another undeads. No humans, no dwarves (one was even a spy), no NE (again spies and invaders). And there is the reason why blood elves in current state will never be in blue team. Aside gameplay thing ofc. And after welcoming their traitors in ranks - more so.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    well, he was in command of Alliance forces, im pretty sure all knows his racism.
    And for all blue fans - in prepatch only, ONLY force that helps blood elves with undeads in Ghostlands - forsaken. Literally another undeads. No humans, no dwarves (one was even a spy), no NE (again spies and invaders). And there is the reason why blood elves in current state will never be in blue team. Aside gameplay thing ofc. And after welcoming their traitors in ranks - more so.
    The alliance forces were wiped out and atleast as the dwarfs and gnomes go they had no idea who he was or that he was racist they just knew he was the only command and sent reinforcements which were then killed. It's not like he was a big name person in the alliance like say uther there's really no reason to think any one knew any thing about him other then the people of lorderon who are now dead or forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You really can't be loyal to both of these things when they are at war with each other and during said war she always choses the Wrynn's so she can't be loyal to silvermoon.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    They are the true heroes of Quel'Thalas. The Sin'dorei legacy is Quel'Thalas. Lor'themar, Liadrin, Rommath and Halduron carry on that legacy.

High/Void Elf fans need to realise that.
    Why realise it when you can instead spam this forum with voidelf headcanon.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    with Anduin dying off soon (I really hope so), Valeera can be 100% Horde again
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

In the most literal sense, if they were captured in battle they would be tried as traitors to the sovereign kingdom of Quel'thalas.

Valeera is a rogue mostly doing shady stuff and out for herself.
    Vereesa is the most blatant example of outrightly traitorous activity, with her part in the purge of Dalaran. Thing about the High Elves is that they shouldn't really exist, because they'd require some alt source to snort magic from, before the Sunwell was restored.
    Aleria is an oddity, because she finds things in a very different state than they used to be before she left and has much to catch up on, which is something sorely underdevelopped that could have been a very interesting situation, which on a personal and emotional level would have no right answer.

Not sure about this. But i am sure Danuser is a traitor to Metzens lore.

Vereesa - traitor
    Alleria - wellspring of perpetual disappointment, mostly a traitor (and it's still pathetic that they wrote her as having her mind made up on every single outstanding beef between Silvermoon and the Alliance on her sister's narrative alone without wanting to even talk to Lor'themar)
    Valeera - nah, she's cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Vereesa - traitor
    Alleria - wellspring of perpetual disappointment, mostly a traitor (and it's still pathetic that they wrote her as having her mind made up on every single outstanding beef between Silvermoon and the Alliance on her sister's narrative alone without wanting to even talk to Lor'themar)
    Valeera - nah, she's cool
    "I only like Silvermoon elves as long as they're not Alliance" would have been simpler.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Yes, Alleria and Vereesa are definitely traitors. Vereesa is the worst tho, cause she is also a war criminal (the Purge of Dalaran, cough cough). At least Valeera is proud to be a sin'dorei, she hasn't yet killed anyone of her own kind, and is on good terms with Lor'themar.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any Quel'dorei that actively works against Silvermoon is a traitor to Silvermoon. At best they could be considered rebels depending on circumstance. However the difference between Rebel and Traitor is perspective, and those change all the time.

A high elf wishing to be neither would have to remain neutral in faction conflicts, as Silvermoon is a Blood Elf city, and the Blood Elves are part of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the alliance even know this ever happens? All of Garithos men were killed by sylvanas and he was a commander of lorderon so it’s not like every one knew he was a racist twat as almost every other lorderon commander who could have known him is also dead or forsaken.
    I mean.....I walked around azeroth rezzing people to be my horseman. We could just dig the guy up and ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I mean.....I walked around azeroth rezzing people to be my horseman. We could just dig the guy up and ask him.
    In theory sure but if blizzard haven’t brought him back already they likely never will.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    "I only like Silvermoon elves as long as they're not Alliance" would have been simpler.
    Vereesa took part in the Purge. She should be PNG forever in Quel'thalas, if not "kill on sight"

Alleria... my plan for her would have been a neutral character. She'd make more sense as that sort of fence-sitting split-loyalty role that they killed off Calia to turn her, and they wouldn't have needed to invent a whole special kind of undead just for it to happen. She makes more sense in that role that Valeera, in fact, who may not "be Alliance" but all of whom's personal ties are to people in the Alliance. Which is why I said she's cool, because her loyalty isn't political, it's personal, and who can begrudge that?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    In theory sure but if blizzard haven’t brought him back already they likely never will.
    True, if we were allowed to rez him I'd rather do it as a ghoul anyway. My DK is a blood elf, having a Garithos-Ghoul pet as a BE-DK would be amusing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It is acknowledged by Shaw in his eastern kingdoms exploration, even going so far to call him a disgrace to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    well no matter how terrible the leadership of your country is or how badly it's treating you defecting to another one technically is treason

i mean if during the cold war if a group of americans was treated badly by the Nixon administration and decided to say 'fuck it we're going red- communism would work better for us' and proceeds to defect to the USSR, wouldn't that be treason?

and no being missing in action is no real excuse to defect either

the High Elven 'country' is not the Alliance (that would be the equivalent of NATO)- it's Quel Thalas (the equivalent of USA)- so if let's say a city from USA ldecides to leave to join the Warsaw Pact that's treason

what happened with Garrithos ages ago is irrelevant too- Quel' Thalas has been a member of the Horde for years, it doesn't matter what they think or feel about history, besides they didn't betray the Horde- they betrayed Quel Thalas

as for the part of them wanting to bring Silvermoon back to the Alliance... that's like wanting to bring Washington DC to the Warsaw Pact
    If you kick people out of your country just because they didn't want to be mana vampires it wasn't them who betrayed their country it was their country that betrayed them.

If America suddenly said to Muslim Americans they had to quit being Muslim or gtfo you wouldn't call them traitors to America just because they were forced to go to their ancestors homeland in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, Alleria and Vereesa are definitely traitors. Vereesa is the worst tho, cause she is also a war criminal (the Purge of Dalaran, cough cough). At least Valeera is proud to be a sin'dorei, she hasn't yet killed anyone of her own kind, and is on good terms with Lor'themar.
    The "purge" where they asked all the blood elves to leave then brought those that didn't want to leave to prison to short shit out and only attacked the people that straight up tried to kill em?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-08-31 at 04:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is acknowledged by Shaw in his eastern kingdoms exploration, even going so far to call him a disgrace to the Alliance.
    Ah so SI7 knows atleast, I wonder where the info comes from given then sylvanas killed them all Mabye spying on the blood elfs or forsaken.

Ah so SI7 knows atleast, I wonder where the info comes from given then sylvanas killed them all Mabye spying on the blood elfs or forsaken.
    I'd say he would have learned from the forsaken, they were pretty much the only ones witnessing his death, after all shaw also knows of how Garithos died by becoming ghoul grub, stating he deserved worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I'd say he would have learned from the forsaken, they were pretty much the only ones witnessing his death, after all shaw also knows of how Garithos died by becoming ghoul grub, stating he deserved worse.
    Ah ya that seems likely the blood elfs might grumble about him but only the forsaken would know what happened to him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if varian knew but didn’t really care and the info is just in some dusty filing cabinet in FI7’s base.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    No more than the entire Blood Elf faction are traitors to the alliance.
    Pretty much. Same goes for the "forsaken" especially Calia and Derek Proudmoore.