Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This could of happened sooner! But!

No reason to hate tho, I feel like the new people coming in on Blizzard are actually listening and putting this stuff out here for us now. I've been with the game since 2006 and the one thing that seems to continue trend-wise is the Whiners. They casual led this game up nicely for ya over the years. Enjoy what you are voluntarily on here paying for. You don't got to be here and last time I checked perfect is a Myth. Granted Ive been pissed off at blizz a good few times. I am a paladin. Weve been up and down. But the game has come a far way they just need to listen a lil bit to us. New patch coming out I think they finally did, now I can play my alts and gameplay is gonna be much more difference with the consistent changing of covenants. This needed to happen a long time ago, but sooner or later. I am game for it, got lots of shit and alts I wanna try! I always wanted to run around as a furry lil dog in Nightfae but that dog wasnt worth no fKin week switching lmfao. FK that dog. Haha

This certainly warranted a new account.

They're not 'listening', they're purposely crippling the game on release so that they can fix it later and call it a patch. This is not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    They're not 'listening', they're purposely crippling the game on release so that they can fix it later and call it a patch. This is not new.
    And gating said "fixes" behind current grinds

I know this will just get lost in the echo chamber but if you truly believe the WoW team gathers around in meetings, decides to 'cripple the game' and laugh as they plot to fix it in a later patch, then you are completely dillusional.

Now, do they sometimes take too long to fix something? Absolutely. But a Dev working on a system for 2 years is going to want to try every possible solution BEFORE just hacking it into pieces because players are crying. Designing something with flaws and then being told the only fix is to 'delete this designed thing' isn't how the Dev team is going to listen.

But I know this is the wrong place to echo thoughts like that so...

This just in: Car manufacturer selling cars without wheels in the hopes that people will buy the version with wheels a year later. Meanwhile, all the people who bought cars without wheels are mad that they were stupid enough to buy a car without wheels. This is clearly the manufacturer's fault though!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That actually makes sense to you huh? I don't think any company on earth cripples their product on purpose just to be able to patch it later.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

This could HAVE happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostCodex View Post
    I know this will just get lost in the echo chamber but if you truly believe the WoW team gathers around in meetings, decides to 'cripple the game' and laugh as they plot to fix it in a later patch, then you are completely dillusional.

Now, do they sometimes take too long to fix something? Absolutely. But a Dev working on a system for 2 years is going to want to try every possible solution BEFORE just hacking it into pieces because players are crying. Designing something with flaws and then being told the only fix is to 'delete this designed thing' isn't how the Dev team is going to listen.

Absolutely this.

From everything we've hear, people at Blizz work long hours and often in unpleasant circumstances. Why would they do that if not for love of the game?

Yes, things could be better but there's no one actively working to harm the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

It's actually could have

10+ Year Old Account
    Could of?

In my World of Warcraft?!

The results may shock you!

1 out of 5 armchair developers agree: this could have happened!
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-08-31 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetal View Post
    No reason to hate tho, I feel like the new people coming in on Blizzard are actually listening and putting this stuff out here for us now. I've been with the game since 2006 and the one thing that seems to continue trend-wise is the Whiners. They casual led this game up nicely for ya over the years. Enjoy what you are voluntarily on here paying for. You don't got to be here and last time I checked perfect is a Myth. Granted Ive been pissed off at blizz a good few times. I am a paladin. Weve been up and down. But the game has come a far way they just need to listen a lil bit to us. New patch coming out I think they finally did, now I can play my alts and gameplay is gonna be much more difference with the consistent changing of covenants. This needed to happen a long time ago, but sooner or later. I am game for it, got lots of shit and alts I wanna try! I always wanted to run around as a furry lil dog in Nightfae but that dog wasnt worth no fKin week switching lmfao. FK that dog. Haha
    Blizzard has new employees but there is nobody new on WoW. You're a victim of the placebo effect.

- - - Updated - - -

If by dillusional you mean disillusioned then ya.

If not for 9.1.5, what would Q4 have to attract players? Nothing.
    If not for these year-too-late QOL changes, what would 9.1.5 have to attract players? Nothing.

If you are unable to connect those dots then you are delusional my friend. I can respect your desire to be a hopeful and positive person but Blizzard preys on people like you and takes advantage of your naivety.

Sorry. Some of us were playing before Shadowlands.

Bait threat, will end it with....

When you make a post complaining that "whiners" ruin the game, you are...in fact.... WHINING ABOUT WHINERS. Grats you're part of your own problem

How can this outsider perspective exist that perceives Blizzard as both obliviously incompetent and still capable of Machiavellian business planning at all levels of the company?

Could've. It's could've. As in: could have.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Could have /could've .....
    How about Should have/should've happened sooner? Like some of the We Are Listening changes "should've" happened at launch? or Beta?

I have no doubt that the vast majority of devs working on the game want it to be as good as it can be; of course they do, that’s why they’re devs, you have to have passion to create.

However, they don’t hold all of the cards. To say that they’re releasing a crippled game is perhaps a bit unfair, it’s not that bad; but they are definitely holding back on some very logical design choices on purpose, they’re not stupid.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of devs working on the game want it to be as good as it can be; of course they do, that’s why they’re devs, you have to have passion to create.

However, they don’t hold all of the cards. To say that they’re releasing a crippled game is perhaps a bit unfair, it’s not that bad; but they are definitely holding back on some very logical design choices on purpose, they’re not stupid.
    It's obvious what Blizzard doesn't want: Blizzard doesn't want their game to be figured out. Blizzard doesn't want there to be a "best load out" for any given scenario. Blizzard dislikes when players create websites that you can use to figure out how to best optimize your character. So Blizzard has been adding feature after feature to this game where there isn't a "best," there's just a different version of the same thing. Covenants, I think, represented the end result of this design philosophy. Somebody at Blizzard wanted to see if they could force the playerbase to adapt to what they felt was best for the game. They designed the game for the playerbase they want to have instead of the one they actually have. They've done this a lot lately and I think SL and Covenants represented a breaking point for this design philosophy. Hopefully moving forward they'll be more understanding. Lord knows this community won't be.

This is the most annoying thing about it T_T

I already know you're going to fix it later Blizz, quit being dumb and just implement it how you know it should be from the start.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself