Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Blizz: Have free mount for playing abit hearthstone.

-REEE, MAU MANIPULATIVE BLIZZARD, PATHETIC, LATEST BUZZWORD.

Yeah looks totally like a legimative reason to hate.
    There are a thousand reasons to legitimately hate the company and the game. You're just too much of a non adult and addicted to come to grips with reality and admit it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I just explained it? You literally can
    Lol. If someone is dishonest they also can not be honest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    OMG this evil company trying to get me to use their products and invest in other services by way of an incentive! BOOOOO.

Worst. Community. Ever.
    Because of shills like you, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lol. If someone is dishonest they also can not be honest.
    Sure they can.

Let's say I'm in court, the lawyer asks me: "Drusin, did you see that man there with a gun?"
    And I tell the truth, "No, I didn't see him with a gun"
    Leaving out that I did see him with a bomb

Did I lie? No. I answered the question that was asked. I wasn't asked if I saw him with a weapon, I was asked if I saw him with a gun and I did not see him with a gun I saw him with a bomb, am I dishonest?

Blizz (and all companies) leave out the why and that makes them simultaneously dishonest and not dishonest
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz (and all companies) leave out the why and that makes them simultaneously dishonest and not dishonest
    Blizzard didn't leave out why though. You said they would be dishonest if they claimed they did the promotion because they loved players. Your own arguments says this promotion is not dishonest while you are also claiming it is dishonest. You can't have it both ways. Either the promotion is dishonest or it is not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    There are a thousand reasons to legitimately hate the company and the game. You're just too much of a non adult and addicted to come to grips with reality and admit it.
    Ha, said the guy whos too afraid use main account, fails to give legimate reasons and resorts to bare minimum effort insults. Riiiiiiight.

Yeye "blizzard bad, white knight addicts."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard didn't leave out why though. You said they would be dishonest if they claimed they did the promotion because they loved players. Your own arguments says this promotion is not dishonest while you are also claiming it is dishonest. You can't have it both ways. Either the promotion is dishonest or it is not.
    They did leave out why?

Unless I missed the "we are doing this to increase our MAU metrics" line somewhere, which is 100% possible.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Τhe only thing that can make me touch Hearthstone is a free WoW mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Τhe only thing that can make me touch Hearthstone is a free WoW mount.
    ugh again

My Collection

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    Uhhhhhhh. The Skyblazer IS a 6 month subscription mount. Genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the only ones who can't read are yourselves and the other addicts that defend Blizzard with whatever trash and store mounts they put on your platter even NOW. The Skyblazer is 100 percent a 6 month subscription mount. Incoming Blizzard shills who are addicted and refuse to admit the game is trash and so are they in 3.......2......1.......
    Thanks man, I was losing hope and started to think all people can actually read on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    Isn't every piece of content they release ultimately just "manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher?"

Like what kind of stupid argument is that? Should they not give players incentives to play their games? Should they stop releasing patches, too?

You realize your argument boils down to, "they shouldn't be trying to make people want to play their games," right?

They did leave out why?

Unless I missed the "we are doing this to increase our MAU metrics" line somewhere, which is 100% possible.
    Is this a joke? Do you think all TV ads should also have to declare "we are showing you this advertisement to encourage you to buy our products"?

You people will literally complain about anything. Blizzard aren't "evil" for having a sale, or cross-promoting their products. The list of legitimate complaints about this game/company get absolutely fucking buried in all this bullshit, the desperate cries for upvotes on the subreddit, and the desperate attempts at clicks on youtube videos. It's counterproductive and to be honest I totally understand why Blizzard would ignore player feedback the vast majority of the time because I can only imagine the living hell it would be to work any kind of job where you have to willingly, intentionally parse all of the rotten diatribe that goes on around this game looking for the <1% of actual quality.

Hmm.. Seems like an interesting game mode, and it gives me a free mount, so I might aswell play it when it comes out.

While I'd rather have it earnable in WoW these sort of promotions I'm fine with. It's free and it's a reskin of a store mount so that's a plus. Every store mount should have a some sort of copy earnable not through real money.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Is this a joke? Do you think all TV ads should also have to declare "we are showing you this advertisement to encourage you to buy our products"?
    Nah of course not

You people will literally complain about anything. Blizzard aren't "evil" for having a sale, or cross-promoting their products.
    I know, all companies are as I've already said but I understand not reading every post in a 9 page thread

All companies do it, as long as you sling mud at all companies then there's no problem slinging mud at Blizzard too

The list of legitimate complaints about this game/company get absolutely fucking buried in all this bullshit, the desperate cries for upvotes on the subreddit, and the desperate attempts at clicks on youtube videos. It's counterproductive and to be honest I totally understand why Blizzard would ignore player feedback the vast majority of the time because I can only imagine the living hell it would be to work any kind of job where you have to willingly, intentionally parse all of the rotten diatribe that goes on around this game looking for the <1% of actual quality.
    Thank you for sharing your feelings with me
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    How many times did they do it now in a row, like 6 or 7 mounts tied to a 6m sub?

Not only shouldn't this surprise anybody, at this point I'd probably kinda miffed if they didn't do it again.
    Aye, though I would say the really dumb part is the timing of their announcement of pulling the ripcord. If they had pushed that announcement to even 4 days after this promotional event instead of 4 days before, this event wouldn't likely be getting nearly as much flak over the ripcord being pulled.

Either they should've announced the ripcord being pulled at least 2-3 weeks prior to this, or at least several days after this. Pulling the ripcord and announcing it 4 days before a major promotional event looks terrible, and a lot of people are probably going to connect the two (even though it seems likely that the promotional event was decided upon months ago).

This thread kind of proving my point about their timing being bad. I find myself wondering if the CM didn't run this by their marketing department before pushing the Covenant ripcord announcement out, because I would've expected marketing to ask that the ripcord announcement be delayed by at least a week after this promo event was announced.

Though if they did run all of this by marketing and it was okayed anyways, I'd just chalk it up to Blizzard having a bunch of idiots in their marketing department. I'm not ruling out their marketing department being filled with idiots; I try to not underestimate how stupid marketing departments can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Am I correct in thinking that you can get this mount for free is you play a bit of hearthstone?

If so, then it sure seems to me that they're doing this to pad the numbers for the shareholders, ie: pull the wool over their eyes.

How many WoW players haven't touched Hearthstone recently? I haven't and if I do then I'll count as 2 MAUs. So in the next quarterly report they can say that their MAUs went up. Which, of course, looks just wonderful to a shareholder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    How many WoW players haven't touched Hearthstone recently? I haven't and if I do then I'll count as 2 MAUs. So in the next quarterly report
    they can say that their MAUs went up. Which, of course, looks just wonderful to a shareholder.
    How is encouraging players to play your games hiding things from share holders? That is the entire point of promotions like this. To increase numbers. Some stick. Some don't. Nothing is being hidden from share holders.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this hearthstone mount promotion something I can do for free?