10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    bruh i just saw
    Hey guys I found it!

The $80 billion figures are the total spent on training and equipping the Afghan army over 20 years. The amount of equipment (not the scrap metal at the airport) is closer to $10 billion.

So yeah, Trump and by proxy anyone that quotes him is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Bruh, the Afghan army had Black Hawks, too, and something tells me they didn't scuttle the tech before they bounced, like the US military did. If the video is real, then look at the likely culprit.
    Which is another good point: a lot of this equipment isn't stuff the US left behind, it's stuff we gave to the Afghani government that they subsequently abandoned to the Taliban.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, Snopes has info about that dog picture you're likely to see as well. No, they are not military service dogs. Yes, some are embassy staff worker dogs that were left behind, and that sucks. Some are Afghani dogs and were not "left behind" in the context that, well, they weren't American dogs.

bruh i just saw the taliban flying around in a blackhawk its not that unusable. Not to mention if ISIS are an example the 'mad max mechanics' can get that shit going even if its not as intended.
    The one on the tarmac? Or did they get one airborne? Either way, I hope they enjoy flying them until they run out of fuel/munitions or literally anything breaks and they're shit outta luck.

It seems the US destroyed most of the hardware (minus guns), but that the Afghan military did not. So they've got tons of international hardware that will, at most, see limited use until they run dry/break and are left as scrap metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, those appear to be Afghan army markings.

vs.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The one on the tarmac? Or did they get one airborne? Either way, I hope they enjoy flying them until they run out of fuel/munitions or literally anything breaks and they're shit outta luck.

It seems the US destroyed most of the hardware (minus guns), but that the Afghan military did not. So they've got tons of international hardware that will, at most, see limited use until they run dry/break and are left as scrap metal.
    there was a bunch flying about herat, but this one (which has been subject to a false hanging story : https://twitter.com/bsarwary/status/1432741986545676288) is the one i was talking about.

about 100 flight hours before its fucked i assume. i know one of the biggest reasons for the afghan army folding with the withdrawal of contractors maintaining this kind of gear.

Saying things like 'well it was the afghan army abandoning it' who fucking paid for that do you think guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying things like 'well it was the afghan army abandoning it' who fucking paid for that do you think guys.
    Holy fucking goalpost shift.

Yeah, it was a gift to the Afghan army from the American taxpayers. That sucks.

But no, the US did not leave functioning Black Hawk helicopters behind, which is what you first were claiming.

Why can't people just admit to being wrong and then move on?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Holy fucking goalpost shift.

Yeah, it was a gift to the Afghan army from the American taxpayers. That sucks.

But no, the US did not leave functioning Black Hawk helicopters behind, which is what you first were claiming.

dude they are flying a blackhawk helicopter, i give a fuck if it was the proxy or the main force that it got captured from. Thats one more blackhawk than the taliban had 20 years ago. I know you are sad you had to sign a surrender agreement with the taliban but reality is reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, "the Taliban have $10 billion in mostly functional US gear" is still pretty bad. Exaggerating to "the US handed the Taliban $80 billion in shiny new Mythic 10 drops and also some dogs" just makes them a liar. Sticking with the truth is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, "the Taliban have $10 billion in mostly functional US gear" is still pretty bad. Exaggerating to "the US handed the Taliban $80 billion in shiny new Mythic 10 drops and also some dogs" just makes them a liar. Sticking with the truth is enough.
    i completely agree with this

the plus side is they probably cant afford to maintain a lot of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude they are flying a blackhawk helicopter, i give a fuck if it was the proxy or the main force that it got captured from. Thats one more blackhawk than the taliban had 20 years ago.
    And they're more than likely to do fuck all with it. Either way, it wasn't given to the Taliban, and the US had no ability to prevent its capture. So you can yell at the Afghan army all you want, because it's solely their fault.

I know you are sad you had to sign a surrender agreement with the taliban but reality is reality.
    I mean, a peace agreement and a surrender agreement aren't even remotely the same thing, so you're clearly divorced from the very reality of which you speak. And the peace agreement had absolutely nothing to do with the Afghan army or its materiel.

Well, unless you count the 5000 Taliban fighters that Trump released because he's an idiot.

But the Afghan army had just as much opportunity to scuttle those vehicles it left behind, just as the US forces did, but they chose not to. That's the real issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, "the Taliban have $10 billion in mostly functional US gear" is still pretty bad.
    Who said it's "mostly functional"?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said it's "mostly functional"?
    Oh, I did. I don't honestly know the piece-by-piece breakdown. The contrast was mostly the false claim of $85 billion, which nobody can come close to justifying.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Pentagon directly discusses the dog issue.

To correct erroneous reports, the U.S. Military did not leave any dogs in cages at Hamid Karzai International Airport, including the reported military working dogs. Photos circulating online were animals under the care of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue, not dogs under our care.
    I mean yeah it sucks for American embassy staff to leave a beloved pet behind. Again, the truth is bad enough without having to exaggerate and make yourself a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Manhattan DA arrests 15 people who made fake vaccine cards and issues arrest warrants for their customers. Yes, apparently being falsely put into the database is involved.

These are people who are intentionally putting others at risk, by knowning they won't get the vaccine, but lying and claiming they have.

All those people out there claiming illegal immigrants have false IDs or SS cards or whatever? Well, they better condemn this, too. Also, I'd like to believe anyone with such false info that gets sick and infects others gets charged with assault. Or something else that's an actual felony, not the 15-day sentence for NY driving without a license/15-day sentence for driving without insurance.

@Breccia, I would think the punishment would be more severe since it includes forging a federal document and knowingly buying a fake federal document.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    @Breccia, I would think the punishment would be more severe since it includes forging a federal document and knowingly buying a fake federal document.
    I would think so too, and many of those charged face multiple crimes. Also for the sake of clarity it might be a federal form but that's a NY crime being charged here.

Today in "It's not just DeathSantis" I bring you this:

Deputies had to break up fights at a Florida school district office that announced a mask mandate
    The majority of parents who spoke at the meeting were against the mask mandate. One man somehow connected the mandate to child sex trafficking, claiming, "by putting masks on these kids' face, you can't identify any of 'em, so by the nine of you [school board officials] voting already on this, tells me you guys support sex trafficking." A woman, wearing a 'My Body, My Choice' sticker, insisted that kids "eat their masks."
    People like this make my fists itch. Fuck Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Today in "It's not just DeathSantis" I bring you this:

Deputies had to break up fights at a Florida school district office that announced a mask mandate

People like this make my fists itch. Fuck Florida.
    So you've got a guy who can't stop thinking about kidnapping children projecting onto others and a lady who is dumber than the schoolchildren and projecting that onto them.

If her dumbass kids eat their masks, maybe she shouldn't have kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If her dumbass kids eat their masks, maybe she shouldn't have kids?
    I mean, considering these people will get the cheapest masks they can find, they won't for long? I can't imagine eating Chinese polyblend is good for you.

And now for something completely different. A conspiracy-theory peddling Senator basically telling someone posing as a skeptic that there was nothing sus.

Secretly Recorded Video Shows Ron Johnson Insisting Trump Lost Wisconsin: ‘Nothing Obviously Skewed About the Results’
    “You know that Joe Biden didn’t win this election,” Windsor told the senator. “Do you think that Joe Biden won this election?”

Johnson responded, “In Wisconsin, do you know the vote totals?”

Windsor replied she did not.

“So without knowing the vote totals, you can’t even state that opinion,” said Johnson.

He proceeded to do an impromptu deep dive into the numbers:

This election, Trump got a million, 610 [thousand votes],” he explained. “No Republican had ever cracked 1.5 million. Numerous Democrats have gone over 1.6 and 1.5. So now for the first time in history, you have a presidential candidate, beating my vote total by a hundred and thirty thousand votes. Collectively, the state assembly candidates, just the Republican state assembly candidates, got a million, 661 [thousand votes]. The eight congressional candidates also got a million, 661 [thousand votes], so we obviously counted enough Republican votes.

The only reason Trump lost Wisconsin is that 51,000 Republican voters didn’t vote for him. They voted for other Republican candidates.

Windsor protested, “I don’t believe it.”

“Well, look at the totals,” said Johnson. “It’s certainly plausible–there’s nothing obviously, nothing obviously skewed about the results. There isn’t.”

After interrupting the senator again, Johnson told Windsor, “Listen, listen. You’re not listening.”

He again explained that the Trump lost Wisconsin because 51,000 voters who voted for Republicans in down-ballot races chose not to vote to reelect the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And now for something completely different. A conspiracy-theory peddling Senator basically telling someone posing as a skeptic that there was nothing sus.
    At least Paul Ryan's been pretty consistent. Maybe they hang out? Same state, it's not like there's a ton of people.

Beloved Teacher Dies of COVID in School District That Chose Jeans Over Masks
    A longtime teacher at a Georgia high school died over the weekend after losing a battle to COVID-19, weeks after the district’s superintendent refused to issue a mask mandate—and instead said teachers could wear jeans for a month.
    For fuck's sake. We're going to be seeing more of this as the TRUMP SHITSHOW plods on. More avoidable deaths because Trump's GOP fanboi governors refuse to listen to reason.