Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Well if they put the mouse in-game without making you play hearthstone then they are still manipulating you to play wow. If they add a new dungeon thats manipulating you to engage with their product. Every new patch and expansion is manipulating you to engage in playing wow. Yall are jokes.
    Don't clump me in with them, i'm not the one complaining about the mount, i'm just trying to engage the people that are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    You are so clueless, in the early 2000's Blizzard didn't give a shit about money or how well their game actually made money. They just loved to make games and that made their games good back then.
    Lol.

Sure honey, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Formerly known as Arafal

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed some people here complain about Blizzard manipulating players and are calling them out for it.

... I wonder if those same people read the news. Or use any service from Google, Apple, etc.. Thinking.

Bobby needs another yacht...

You are so clueless, in the early 2000's Blizzard didn't give a shit about money or how well their game actually made money. They just loved to make games and that made their games good back then.
    Utter shite and you know it. Yes they went into videogames because they wanted to make them but they wouldn't have done it if they could not make money off it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I've noticed some people here complain about Blizzard manipulating players and are calling them out for it.

... I wonder if those same people read the news. Or use any service from Google, Apple, etc.. Thinking.
    Of course not. We call these these posters bad faith posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    Actually the only ones who can't read are yourselves and the other addicts that defend Blizzard with whatever trash and store mounts they put on your platter even NOW. The Skyblazer is 100 percent a 6 month subscription mount. Incoming Blizzard shills who are addicted and refuse to admit the game is trash and so are they in 3.......2......1.......
    Your opinion is not fact, so nobody is going to admit to your opinion or admit that you are right when they share a different opinion and that doesn't make them a shill either,.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-09-01 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    "Please play our dead game so you can get a mount in our other dead game!"
    Kek

Most people here aren't actually complaining, they're just calling this whole promotion sad and pathetic (which let's be honest, it is. Especially how they shoved the 6 months sub promotion along with it)
    Which it isn't. Was McDonald's asking you to supersize sad and pathetic? What about insurance or cable companies getting you to bundle other services? What about lawn care companies that offer mowing, fertilizing, tree and shrub, pest control, snow removal, and other services offering promos to get you to have multiple service lines?

This is fucking business 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    And that is just your opinion, right? You're ok with scummy practices and manipulative behavior, so your opinions reflect that. I'm not ok with any of that, and my opinions are based on that as well. What they're doing is wrong, despite you being tolerant of it; its still wrong.
    So then you are 100% self sustaining and don't need to participate in any business transactions ever? Or do you froth at the mouth over every single business that offers any promo deal? Or are you just too weak willed that you have o self control and are easily manipulated by corporations?

This is compleletely wrong, Blizzard has always cared about money. It is a business after all And by made good games you actually mean "Games I liked".

"Come, let's generate some activity in Hearthstone" ...

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    The inability to critically think by some is astounding.

You believe this for real?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    If it works, it works... Literally ALL games and developers want activity in their games.
    I don't get these remarks. It makes it sound like you just figured out some secret that companies want consumers, which majority(I think) already assume they do.

If a product is failing, either bump up marketing or change it... all of it is done to increase consumption. It's not a secret. Everyone is in on it.

Only reason any company ever give consumers something for "free" it's to promote their product to get them to use it...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

There's a sizable difference when it comes to how entrenched a company or service is into culture or people's everyday lives, and whether there's a viable alternative. It's the whole boycott conundrum: you can generally only boycott a service when there's a viable alternative. With Blizz and their games, there's a ton of viable alternatives, so it's easy to just move on from their practices if you don't like them. When it comes to Apple or Google, they're a bit more ingrained into many facets and industries to where it's harder to not use them (but not impossible). Gets insanely harder when said companies get in bed with governments... but that's another thread.

However, the main point is that you can still be quite upset at business practices, regardless of which company it is. Just because a big-name company like Google or Apple engages in blatant manipulation doesn't mean one should excuse it at a smaller-scale company like Blizz (or vice versa). As I mentioned in another post, it's all about intent as to whether the behavior is blatant manipulation or not. The way Blizz has been rolling out these perks indicates more of an attempt to manipulate people rather than reward loyal customers, based upon what you have to do to get rewards. Getting rewards for playing another free game is pretty tame, giving rewards to people who shell out a bunch of cash up front is heading towards questionable territory (especially if FOMO-centered tactics are used). Tons of game companies do it, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. However, giving the timing of all the events, I can guarantee this was a pre-planned event to boost MAU's... but not for the sake of hooking players with their great games, but manipulating players to make their numbers look good for their quarterly reports.

It can be viewed in a simple manner such as this: do these promotional deals likely have a chance to increased their long-term customers and playerbase for their games? No, not at all. If anything, these types of moves slow the hemorrhaging of MAUs, not add new ones. While one can understand from a business perspective as to why Blizz would do this, the morale aspect of these actions is exactly why Blizz is in this situation to begin with. One should keep in mind that the quest for wealth is actually benign, however the actions one implements to gain/obtain wealth are what really matter, and this is where a company's moral grounding as a whole will determine if their quest for wealth is moral or immoral.

In the case of Blizz, it's very obvious that the company has morally decayed from when they started as a whole. It doesn't just manifest itself in ways that end up with behaviors and actions that are found in the current lawsuit against Blizz; it also manifests itself in how Blizz treats its customers and players, whether in-game our out-of-game. Blizz is no longer the company who used to pro-rate game time to players when their servers got screwed up, shut down unexpectedly, or extended unplanned maintenance... instead, it's a company that will insult, berate, and manipulate its customers.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-09-01 at 11:13 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Good looking mount. If I don't re-sub for 6 months I'll just buy it on discount down the road.
    The mount is a free bonus for playing through the tutorial of the new hearthstone mode.

It's not a store mount.

Formerly known as Arafal

Ah, the "please clap" period of padding MAU's i see.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    MMO-C would complain about a Picasso painting
    oh please, they'd complain if they'd refund their lifetime sub sales, make WoW free without implementing any more things to the shop and announce weekly content updates.
    They just can't win in any case.
    They do nothing > bad
    They do something > bad
    They give free stuff > bad
    They do literally just normal company stuff and incentivise people into playing > bad
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2021-09-01 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    MMO-C would complain about a Picasso painting
    To be fair, I don't get picasso paintings.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the white knights gaslighting people shitting on another cool looking mouth that u cant get ingame, but have to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    but have to pay for.
    Please quote where this says you have to pay for Sarge.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Please quote where this says you have to pay for Sarge.
    Sorry i didt point out there are T W O mounts in the site.

The Sapphire Skyblazers, but i kinda hoped the defenders would connect the dots, but here we are.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Which it isn't. Was McDonald's asking you to supersize sad and pathetic? What about insurance or cable companies getting you to bundle other services? What about lawn care companies that offer mowing, fertilizing, tree and shrub, pest control, snow removal, and other services offering promos to get you to have multiple service lines?
    Considering I always tell them to fuck off whenever they suggest something I don't like/need, then yes, I do consider it sad and pathetic.

This is fucking business 101.
    "Come on guise, developing worse and more scummy business practices over the years and becoming a husk of your former beloved-self is business 101"

The inability to critically think by some is astounding.
    I am starting to think that this guy's a literal paid shill