Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Sorry i didt point out there are T W O mounts in the site.

The Sapphire Skyblazers, but i kinda hoped the defenders would connect the dots, but here we are.
    The article is called "New Hearthstone Mount for WoW Sarge" and I assumed you meant that and not the mount we already knew about for 2 months.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Every thing they add to the games is to boost number metrics welcome to 2004.
    Blizzard wasn't attaching special mounts to 6-month subs in 2004, shill.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Did you have the same issues when they were attaching special mounts to a TCG in TBC and Wrath?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    This is just another pathetic strategy to boost MAU count and other number metrics.
    no they are giving away stuff and adding features to reduce the number of players

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This isn’t a new 6 month mount and they were using different methods to boost numbers like the TCG or even just how 40 man raiding was designed.

To think they have only recently tried to boost numbers and haven’t been doing so From the starts just shows that you were and still are gullible.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Because they actually release content at a reasonable rate unlike WoW, and listen to feedback.
    I don't see new card theme packs as new content... like I don't like card games.. this is just some mobile game created to make more $$$$

they were using different methods to boost numbers like the TCG or even just how 40 man raiding was designed.
    I like how you label random subjective things as "boosting numbers" and then call other people stupid when pointing out you are wrong

lmao

You're either willingly ignorant or a paid Blizzard shill, to think that "40man raid design" and "6 month sub mounts" are even in the same league. The shit Blizzard has been doing to "boost numbers" in modern years is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the things they did to "boost numbers" back in 2004. IE, actually making a good game, as opposed to now where the game is rotting and bleeding subs while Blizz desperately stuffs it with more microtransactions for the whales and sycophants.

Either way, you're going on the ignore list for incredibly dumb arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    OMG this evil company trying to get me to use their products and invest in other services by way of an incentive! BOOOOO.
    Yeah, who cares that the game is bleeding subs harder than ever and public opinion on it is dropping further and further, let's just add more mounts to the store, screw actually fixing the game

lmfao

so many paid blizz shills on these forums

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    whats next, a movie company making good movies to get you to go see future movies they make.
    The proper movie analogy for this situation would be a movie series that keeps getting worse and worse, and instead of making the movies better, they keep attaching little toys and gifts to purchasing a ticket, instead of making the movie better.

Shill harder.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-09-01 at 01:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like how you label random subjective things as "boosting numbers" and then call other people stupid when pointing out you are wrong

lmao

You're either willingly ignorant or a paid Blizzard shill, to think that "40man raid design" and "6 month sub mounts" are even in the same league. The shit Blizzard has been doing to "boost numbers" in modern years is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the things they did to "boost numbers" back in 2004. IE, actually making a good game, as opposed to now where the game is rotting and bleeding subs while Blizz desperately stuffs it with more microtransactions for the whales and sycophants.

Either way, you're going on the ignore list for incredibly dumb arguments.
    So you think putting raids on a weekly lock out or having bosses drop 2 pieces of gear for 40 people was making the game good and had nothing to do with keeping people subbed for longer so they could make more money?

As I said your gullible incredibly so.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Nice, play the tutorial in hearthstone and get a free mount for WoW. So why exactly are people bitching?

Oh wait this is mmochamp...

Keep hating haters, I'll keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There's a sizable difference when it comes to how entrenched a company or service is into culture or people's everyday lives, and whether there's a viable alternative. It's the whole boycott conundrum: you can generally only boycott a service when there's a viable alternative. With Blizz and their games, there's a ton of viable alternatives, so it's easy to just move on from their practices if you don't like them. When it comes to Apple or Google, they're a bit more ingrained into many facets and industries to where it's harder to not use them (but not impossible). Gets insanely harder when said companies get in bed with governments... but that's another thread.

However, the main point is that you can still be quite upset at business practices, regardless of which company it is. Just because a big-name company like Google or Apple engages in blatant manipulation doesn't mean one should excuse it at a smaller-scale company like Blizz (or vice versa). As I mentioned in another post, it's all about intent as to whether the behavior is blatant manipulation or not. The way Blizz has been rolling out these perks indicates more of an attempt to manipulate people rather than reward loyal customers, based upon what you have to do to get rewards. Getting rewards for playing another free game is pretty tame, giving rewards to people who shell out a bunch of cash up front is heading towards questionable territory (especially if FOMO-centered tactics are used). Tons of game companies do it, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. However, giving the timing of all the events, I can guarantee this was a pre-planned event to boost MAU's... but not for the sake of hooking players with their great games, but manipulating players to make their numbers look good for their quarterly reports.

It can be viewed in a simple manner such as this: do these promotional deals likely have a chance to increased their long-term customers and playerbase for their games? No, not at all. If anything, these types of moves slow the hemorrhaging of MAUs, not add new ones. While one can understand from a business perspective as to why Blizz would do this, the morale aspect of these actions is exactly why Blizz is in this situation to begin with. One should keep in mind that the quest for wealth is actually benign, however the actions one implements to gain/obtain wealth are what really matter, and this is where a company's moral grounding as a whole will determine if their quest for wealth is moral or immoral.

In the case of Blizz, it's very obvious that the company has morally decayed from when they started as a whole. It doesn't just manifest itself in ways that end up with behaviors and actions that are found in the current lawsuit against Blizz; it also manifests itself in how Blizz treats its customers and players, whether in-game our out-of-game. Blizz is no longer the company who used to pro-rate game time to players when their servers got screwed up, shut down unexpectedly, or extended unplanned maintenance... instead, it's a company that will insult, berate, and manipulate its customers.
    Except there's no malicious or ill intentioned business practice being done to be upset about.not one person takes up a crusade against every other company that offers promo deals to get you to switch or join. No one takes up a crusade against cross promotions or bundles with other companies.

This is just haters ejaculating their hate boners for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think putting raids on a weekly lock out or having bosses drop 2 pieces of gear for 40 people was making the game good and had nothing to do with keeping people subbed for longer so they could make more money?

As I said your gullible incredibly so.
    That dude is hopeless.

How many Blizzard employees were molested while they were making this?

You are a bad faith poster. It is totally disingenuous to claim the methods implored before weren't on the same level. Leveling was tediously long, running out of quests that gave exp before level cap requiring you to grind mobs, long ass attunement quests, 10-15, man dungeons, needing to travel to said dungeons, faction AHs in only 1 city per faction, weekly lockouts and only 2 pieces of loot per 40. All of these were to draw out subs. At least with the 6 month promo you get a mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the white knights gaslighting people shitting on another cool looking mouth that u cant get ingame, but have to pay for.
    The mouse is free for playing a tutorial.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Considering I always tell them to fuck off whenever they suggest something I don't like/need, then yes, I do consider it sad and pathetic.

"Come on guise, developing worse and more scummy business practices over the years and becoming a husk of your former beloved-self is business 101"

I am starting to think that this guy's a literal paid shill
    And you are cynical douch if you think offering something for free for trying out a free to play game is scummy. Get real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i didt point out there are T W O mounts in the site.

The Sapphire Skyblazers, but i kinda hoped the defenders would connect the dots, but here we are.
    So its about the Skyblazer then, in that case you are about ~2 months late to the show.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How much are packs and the "battleground and tavern perks" normally? 60 packs and the perks for $77 might not be a bad deal. Though certainly has low value if you don't also play WoW. https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...=blizzard-news

Looks like 15 packs are $19.99 and 60 packs are $69.99. The perks look like they are $9.99. Mercenary packs (and the "next expansion cards") don't have a price yet. But it looks like it a little better then normal prices for a HS player.
    More or less. If you only play hearthstone, it's a "meh" deal. Saves you a few bucks. Like you said, the value is pretty low if you don't also play wow.

For players of both though its a damn good deal, especially for those who are going to stay subbed anyway; basically free goodies for them as they're going to pay the sub either way, may as well get a party bag while they're at it.

Never understood the hate for the 6 month sub stuff from WoW players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Gotta love the white knights gaslighting people shitting on another cool looking mouth that u cant get ingame, but have to pay for.
    I mean they're all saying the same thing and singling me out so I think at least 10 people are just 1 person using multiple accounts.

Holy fuck their buttholes must be tightening now realizing that pretty much all the players are gone. I wonder how many more of these they have ready.

Some people and the whole MAU accusations are just laughable... yeah the deliver bad stuff right now.

But seriously: EVERYTHING literally is to get more MAUs.... everythign they have ever done. Or do you think they created it to make the world a better place?

At least they give us a possibility to get the mount for "free" by subbing a game many are subbed anyway. If you don't want to be subbed and really really need that mount for whatever reason ( no one will use it anyway ) you can buy it...

I don't like store mounts. I never will. But getting your dick in a knot becuase wow has storemounts (you can get just for be subbed) and on the other side sucking off the FF14 devs despite them having even MORE stormounts... There is a comment on youtube saying basically thanks for the ff14 promotion... like... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Ah, the "please clap" period of padding MAU's i see.
    It is kinda big brain thinking. The next shareholders report will write itself.

Hearthstone showed unprecedented growth with over an over 2 million MAU increase!

Then they can count them again when they say MAU's across all blizzard platforms up by several million!!!
    Last edited by Deadite; 2021-09-01 at 04:01 PM.