Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't a bad decision, but that is what they got out of the player feedback. What they heard from the players was that it sucked shit that artifact weapons were a grind and that the cool stuff was locked behind that grind. So they made Azerite Armor front loaded with your good traits first and then things you really don't care about and an ilevel bump and no grind was required.

They heard that RNG legendaries weren't fun because at the start some players in shit guilds benched them for not having perfect legendaries - Something that impacted a very small number of guilds because lets face it if you're not doing Mythic it really didn't matter and even then in a lot of cases it wasn't a big deal. So they ditched those.

The end result was fuckall reason to run any content outside of your raid which made BFA boring as shit. half-assing islands and warfronts was all Blizzard though
    I still disagree. You said BFA was bad because they listened to players. I think that's wrong. Had you said there were some ways they made it bad by listening to players, then I would agree. But the two statements are very different.

Also, I didn't figure you for the "if you're not in the top {insert arbitrary percentage}%, then having RNG control massive swings in DPS potential one way or the other shouldn't matter" crowd. The implementation of legendary acquisition for the majority of Legion was utter shit for all but the PvP-only crowd and the most casual of PvE participants.

Again, it's not that there aren't other problems with the game, but you just reinforced what I'm saying. Even in Legion, the most dogshit aspect of the expansion was them having an idea about something and continuing for multiple patches insisting that everyone who pointed out the obvious was wrong.

I would personally be much more accepting of the game if it was just boring and they didn't continue to push these dumbass systems which are obviously flawed, either fundamentally or in some aspect such as implementation, while insisting nearly universal criticism is wrong and they know better.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    That kid's a lost cause, literally started posting to come to the rescue of his idols. Projection city to boot.

It is kinda funny though, that people throw around the "addict"-card so much when they themselves are spending time bitching about something they supposedly consider to be beneath them and their spare time/money.

Each to their own, but they're funny to observe at least.
    Oh please spare me the vomit. I couldn't care less about defending streamers. I don't like them, don't hate them. Completely not the point, however. Just pointing out your obvious fanboy delusions and bias, and refusal to admit something is bad and wanting to use blatant defense mechanisms when OTHERS point out that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    Was such a dumb idea it was their biggest quarter to quarter jump in the game's history and has been bolstering the numbers for the franchise for two years. I mean call me crazy but maybe they wouldn't have had to resort to re releasing a game that came out in 2004 if their current product wasn't such complete and total garbage. If you ask me continuing to subscribe to play such an awful product is WAY more dumb than playing the version of the game that put the title into such legendary status to begin with.
    If you subscribe to play classic then you're supporting them (in whatever they do with retail also). That whole protest thing doesn't work if you keep giving them money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "you have to be a chef to critique food"
    Mmo-c is more like "everyone thinks they are a chef and critique food even when its a 5 star banquette".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Speaking of a particular group here, and not everyone who disagrees with criticism nor everyone who offers criticism.

But cool fencesitting I guess. B)
    Lol, of course everyone not engaging in this "youre fanboy" "youre hater" shit is accused of fencesitting. No, I have often strong opinions. I have very negative opinion about Bellurar and Asmon work. But never accuse people of being hater/fanboy like it means something or do moronic absolute statements like "Blizzard never listen to feedback", "devs don't play this game", "community has no idea what's wrong with game".

But it's not like I'll change your mind, so enjoy throwing feces at FANBOYS WHO ARE BAD.

And players have every right to stop playing whenever. And if devs prefer their own vision about "muh meaningful rpg choices", from a guy who raidlogs WoW that clearly doesn't pan out for most players, then they can continue to create games for their little gaming clique inside Blizzard all they want.
    The last three expansions were the best selling to-date. This idea that WoW is being developed for an ever-shrinking playerbase seems to be starkly contrasted by reality. Again, this isn't a defense of the current system or the way Blizzard handles feedback, just an observation. If we, as a playerbase, are trying to deliver a message to the developers by voting with our wallets then we seem to be doing a pretty shitty job.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The last three expansions were the best selling to-date. This idea that WoW is being developed for an ever-shrinking playerbase seems to be starkly contrasted by reality. Again, this isn't a defense of the current system or the way Blizzard handles feedback, just an observation. If we, as a playerbase, are trying to deliver a message to the developers by voting with our wallets then we seem to be doing a pretty shitty job.
    Oh yeah. I'm sure this is a WoW renaissance and we're hitting new peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Mmo-c is more like "everyone thinks they are a chef and critique food even when its a 5 star banquette".
    You do you if you think modern WoW is a 5 star banquette.

Hey dude, I don't know about you but if I'm not engaged with something I... stop posting on forums for the thing I'm not engaged with. But yeah, apparently it's me who's "addicted" and "on Copium" for pointing that out.
    Oh come on try harder than that. I saw a headline, knew addicts like you as per usual would rush to defend your garbage game and project the blame on others for pointing out why it's garbage because you are addicted and will take whatever slop Blizz throws at you and decided to point it out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't a bad decision, but that is what they got out of the player feedback. What they heard from the players was that it sucked shit that artifact weapons were a grind and that the cool stuff was locked behind that grind. So they made Azerite Armor front loaded with your good traits first and then things you really don't care about and an ilevel bump and no grind was required.

They heard that RNG legendaries weren't fun because at the start some players in shit guilds benched them for not having perfect legendaries - Something that impacted a very small number of guilds because lets face it if you're not doing Mythic it really didn't matter and even then in a lot of cases it wasn't a big deal. So they ditched those.

The end result was fuckall reason to run any content outside of your raid which made BFA boring as shit. half-assing islands and warfronts was all Blizzard though
    Yeah...

All the features/changes I dislike the most, can be traced back to player feedback. I blame the devs for listening and implementing the stuff, but still. The players are supposed to be dumb and emotional in their relationship to the game as they are NOT devs with insight, the developers need to be smarter.

But evidently, they are not, they're like parent birds becoming blind to the majority of smaller babies because their mouths aren't big and loud enough.

MAYBE for 10.0, they'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol, of course everyone not engaging in this "youre fanboy" "youre hater" shit is accused of fencesitting. No, I have often strong opinions. I have very negative opinion about Bellurar and Asmon work. But never accuse people of being hater/fanboy like it means something or do moronic absolute statements like "Blizzard never listen to feedback", "devs don't play this game", "community has no idea what's wrong with game".

But it's not like I'll change your mind, so enjoy throwing feces at FANBOYS WHO ARE BAD.
    There there. You are very smart and most definitely above anyone else in this thread. With your ability to cast a cursory glance at a post, not even take in its full context and then make a scathing "ur just as bad," remark. Rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    If Ford sells you a car that has a poorly design transmission, you're okay with Ford saying "Well, you can't tell us why it doesn't work, and it's on you to redesign it"? Because that's your stance. And, some of us DID point it out, in the SL beta - and we were ignored. So...now what? It's still our fault, according to you?
    Ford got feedback that their last Raptor color was too gay, so they showed the world how gay it could be.

https://twitter.com/FordEu/status/1408361803407572992

Maybe Blizzard should make their un-fun systems even un-funner, to show us how bad they could be.

Just kidding they already do that.
    Last edited by Indigenously Abled; 2021-09-01 at 10:01 PM.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

I clapped when the pale Thanos got the Infinity Sigils. I clapped and I cried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If you subscribe to play classic then you're supporting them (in whatever they do with retail also). That whole protest thing doesn't work if you keep giving them money.
    This is true. Something really funny about Classic players talking about how much they hate "nu-Blizzard" and its developers while lining the company's pockets any which way for a cheap minmaxed metaslaved to death nostalgiagrab version of the game.

Really? So you're telling me you ACTUALLY think the last 3 expansions were the best selling ones? Just because in the midst of their usual lies to keep investors at bay they said 'We sold X copies" ON DAY ONE is a metric for how many actually sold? Do you understand how numbers work? You're going to sit there and attempt to tell me a game that can't peak at two million subscribers somehow outsold in total a game that peaked at 13 million? Lol ok. Delusion is a wonderful thing.

Amen.

Can't speak for the upcoming Quarterly, aka the one that's going to include the controversy period, but the last one? No decline. No disaster.

BfA was so immensely lambasted one could think it'd be WoD all over in terms of player retention. Nope. Not before nor after Classic's release, before someone wants to accredit all success to that.

And then SL broke sales records AND rose to numbers not seen since Cata... So basically, with WoD and BfA in mind, players ain't voting for shit with their wallets? It's just the same minority spewing the same gall citing wrongful sources (3rd party data) on the game's success, or rather its perceived D E M I S E ! !

After so many years it shouldn't surprise me, but it does. Especially since it's not entirely new people repeating the process over and over. Hohum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz could go even beyond and you would still get constant QQ threads how everythin sucks, devs are idiots, OP could do it totally better and the world would be a better place if they would just LISTEN to their feedback.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Really? So you're telling me you ACTUALLY think the last 3 expansions were the best selling ones? Just because in the midst of their usual lies to keep investors at bay they said 'We sold X copies" ON DAY ONE is a metric for how many actually sold? Do you understand how numbers work? You're going to sit there and attempt to tell me a game that can't peak at two million subscribers somehow outsold in total a game that peaked at 13 million? Lol ok. Delusion is a wonderful thing.
    You're literally making up numbers and calling me delusional in the next sentence? Brother. I feel sorry for you.

I clapped when the pale Thanos got the Infinity Sigils. I clapped and I cried.

- - - Updated - - -

This is true. Something really funny about Classic players talking about how much they hate "nu-Blizzard" and its developers while lining the company's pockets any which way for a cheap minmaxed metaslaved to death nostalgiagrab version of the game.
    Ohhhhhhhhh that cut scene was just...........boy was that BAD.

Ohhhhhhhhh that cut scene was just...........boy was that BAD.
    To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Jailer.

You're literally making up numbers and calling me delusional in the next sentence? Brother. I feel sorry for you.
    Please tell me what numbers I made up? Explain how ANY of that was made up? We all know WOTLK peaked at 13 mill. The game kept no less than 7 million players at any given point up until WOD. This is all records made public by the company themselves, and that was the point they stopped announcing them because they got embarrassed. So going by that FACT, how do you consider a game that literally can't retain 2 million subscribers (not even close) and relies on a 16 year old version of itself to help with aforementioned subscriber count and STILL can't hit that mark is all of a sudden "the best selling expansions of all time". You are lying. This isn't an opinion. You're taking first day numbers of people who bought Shadowlands and BFA that they announced to please their shareholders before the fanbase (yet again) realized what complete shit it is and using it as a reference point for TOTAL copies sold. The last 3 expansions don't even come CLOSE to what TBC, Wrath, Cata etc. sold in total copies.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Jailer.
    You make a very valid point.