Feel like I'm having a "a now his watch has ended" moment. It's nice. So happy we have a more complete array of hair colors to represent that HE fantasy. Besides more nitpicky wants, I really think I feel satisfied. Since VE's were introduced, to me it just tanked the idea of HE's as their own AR, so this, this really is the best case scenario after that, and it's crazy that it actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm done campaigning. This answers the last of my wants. I don't really care if void elves get paladins or not. I have nothing against those who want to ask for it, but I'm not going to be a supporter of that particular request. I'll just quietly stay out of the way of those who want to try for it and wish you good luck getting the option you want.
    Same. I really think these hair colors were the last true high elf *necessity*

I would LOVE High Elven paladins, but given they are not part of that iconic HE identity and right now just clash with the lore of Void Elves, I'm okay if they don't happen.

But I would also be okay if VE's get a "Void Knight" Pally reskin, NGL. But in that case, I'd prefer shaman because VE Dark Shamans are just a cooler concept IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Okay if you did play a "High Elf", emphasis on bunny ears, what would you tell them.
    That I play a High Elf, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Feel like I'm having a "a now his watch has ended" moment. It's nice. So happy we have a more complete array of hair colors to represent that HE fantasy. Besides more nitpicky wants, I really think I feel satisfied. Since VE's were introduced, to me it just tanked the idea of HE's as their own AR, so this, this really is the best case scenario after that, and it's crazy that it actually happened.

Same. I really think these hair colors were the last true high elf *necessity*

I would LOVE High Elven paladins, but given they are not part of that iconic HE identity and right now just clash with the lore of Void Elves, I'm okay if they don't happen.

But I would also be okay if VE's get a "Void Knight" Pally reskin, NGL. But in that case, I'd prefer shaman because VE Dark Shamans are just a cooler concept IMO.
    This. Nothing is iconic about High Elf Paladins.

It is and has always been Rangers (Hunters) and Sorcerers (Mages)

You didnt fully "get them". You're still a void ridden elf who turns into a void being in combat. Being unable to be a paladin solidifies this.

Sorry guys but no, you're still not pure high elves, that's only on team red, teehee. And don't bother asking for velf paladins since it'd be as senseless as maghar warlocks.
    Okay, best of luck on your quest to get "True High Elves"

The rest of us are going to have fun.

(Also FOR REAL Paladins have never been an iconic High Elf think what are you on about?)

Okay, best of luck on your quest to get "True High Elves"

The rest of us are going to have fun.

(Also FOR REAL Paladins have never been an iconic High Elf think what are you on about?)
    He's not on his quest to get "True High Elves"

He's on a quest to cope with reality by going "b-but muh voidform" (which is literally irrelevant to 99.9% of people who want high elf chars, since it's primarily an RP thing and most RP is non-combat, therefore it won't ever proc) and "y-your name still doesn't say high elf" (it doesn't for blood elves either)

Finally! So happy.
    Now I can be a void-tainted HighElf and live my best Legolas-life amongst humans, dwarves and castles <3

Really hope LF Draenei gets the same love.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That I play a High Elf, obviously.

"I dont understand, I thought High elves could be paladins based on the little i read yesterday"

Then what would you say?

"I dont understand, I thought High elves could be paladins based on the little i read yesterday"

Then what would you say?
    That he or she should read up more on High Elves, because in no way are Paladins a significant part of High Elf culture.

This. Nothing is iconic about High Elf Paladins.

It is and has always been Rangers (Hunters) and Sorcerers (Mages)
    None of the current HE Paladin NPC's have a "lore" role. One is even a joke name (Isimode)

Hunters, Mages, and ostensibly Priests because of the War3 class are the only to be considered "iconic" HE classes. Pretty much every other class is just a give or take, with Warrior and Rogue being mostly a commonality across races -and that we see as soldiers in different points-

Alliance High Elven NPC's have only existed twice. One is a joke name, and the other a SC trainer, which makes him as representative of High Elves as Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what would you say?
    Lol what would have you read that told you that XD

And there it is, with black, white, and brown hair, High Elf RP for Void Elves is complete.

None of the current HE Paladin NPC's have a "lore" role. One is even a joke name (Isimode)

Hunters, Mages, and ostensibly Priests because of the War3 class are the only to be considered "iconic" HE classes. Pretty much every other class is just a give or take, with Warrior and Rogue being mostly a commonality across races -and that we see as soldiers in different points-

Alliance High Elven NPC's have only existed twice. One is a joke name, and the other a SC trainer, which makes him as representative of High Elves as Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol what would have you read that told you that XD
    Bro how can you play a Wildhammer when you can't even roll a Dwarf Druid? Loool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. If anyone lost its the helfer camp, you guys just settled since there's zero chance you'll ever get a legit pure high elf race at this point.
    Yeah of course.

We went from nothing to blue-eyed, fair skinned and blond haired elves HAHAHAHAHA

Your favorite race has been made neutral. High elves are now playable Alliance side with 2 Windrunner leading them, and you'll have to accept it.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Oh and looks like Blood Elf players have been heard too :

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...n/1067460/1078

Quote:
    We’re focusing on these Allied Races right now due to feedback regarding their limited customization options. But don’t worry! We’ve been happily passing along your feedback on the other races as well.

This seemed to be a reply in context to people asking for San'layn options for Blood Elves. Yet it remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post

Quote:
    We’re focusing on these Allied Races right now due to feedback regarding their limited customization options. But don’t worry! We’ve been happily passing along your feedback on the other races as well.

This seemed to be a reply in context to people asking for San'layn options for Blood Elves. Yet it remains to be seen.
    I would love it for blood elves fans. They deserve to gain something too.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Okay the thing I'd really *love*, and that it would be utterly pointless, was if they swapped all High Elf NPC's with the VE model and then they can say "See? High Elf NPC's have the same hairstyles than the VE options!"

Bro how can you play a Wildhammer when you can't even roll a Dwarf Druid? Loool.
    Race Fantasy RUINED completely I CaN'T EvEN!!!11!!

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post

Quote:

Oh man, the amount of seethe is off the charts.

I love how this false notion of Void Elves having so many options is still being perpetuated despite reality proving otherwise.

All they got before were: copypasted skins and eye colors. Whoa, shocker. Mag'har orcs got more, but you don't hear anyone talk about that because they're not played by protectionist blood elf fans whose hands are still shaking over the fact that they no longer have a monopoly on an age old Alliance race.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay the thing I'd really *love*, and that it would be utterly pointless, was if they swapped all High Elf NPC's with the VE model and then they can say "See? High Elf NPC's have the same hairstyles than the VE options!"

Race Fantasy RUINED completely I CaN'T EvEN!!!11!!

lmao
    Funny thing is that Wildhammer Druid is probably more lore significant too than Paladins are to High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah of course.

We went from nothing to blue-eyed, fair skinned and blond haired elves HAHAHAHAHA

Your favorite race has been made neutral. High elves are now playable Alliance side with 2 Windrunner leading them, and you'll have to accept it.
    Pandaren are neutral. They have access to the same classes, same customization options, and the same racials across both factions. You cant say the same for belves and velves Stop spreading fake news.

That he or she should read up more on High Elves, because in no way are Paladins a significant part of High Elf culture.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf

Oops looks like they are. So, why cant I make a helf paladin?????
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-02 at 12:43 AM.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf

Oops looks like they are. So, why cant I make a helf paladin?????
    They really aren't.

And why can't you make a Wildhammer Druid? :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren are neutral. They have access to the same classes, same customization options, and the same racials across both factions. You cant say the same for belves and velves Stop spreading fake news.
    Gameplay reasons. Nothing to do with Lore. And you know it little one.

Move on and go cry else where.

Keep telling your self that. How do you feel when you mouse over your toon's portrait and it says velf? How do you feel when Entropic embrace procs? How do you feel when the the toon selection forbids you to make a paladin. Haha. If anyone lost its the helfer camp, you guys just settled since there's zero chance you'll ever get a legit pure high elf race at this point.
    If that's what you have to tell us to make yourself feel better... more power to ya?

I got what I wanted. That's all that matters to me.

I don't give a crap about paladins or what my racial tag says. If I want to rp as a high elf, I can now look the part, I can use an addon to change my racial tag to say high elf, and I can prevent entropic embrace from ever visibly triggering with a simple macro if I actually care enough. That's close enough for me.

And while I won't be out there asking for void elf paladins (because I don't care), I'll chuckle if void elves get them. I mean, it's not like void elves have been denied any of the major things they've asked for so far. But hey, there's always a first time right?

And if void elves don't get paladins (I don't see it happening to be honest), it's ok that you take some small measure of comfort in that.

But don't think anything you say will rain on the parade of anyone here. We're happy. And nothing you say can ruin that.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-02 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Gameplay reasons. Nothing to do with Lore. And you know it little one.

Move on and go cry else where.
    Lol what???? Game play reason?! LMAO is that what you tell your self?

So, not beign able to be a pally, having the option to get void skin, having entropic embrace, those are all gameplay reasons and not the fact that you're playing a void elf? Lol okay.... w/e you say