looks like another in the trump org has flipped. COO son gonna testify on grand jury.

As a reminder, because the resident troll needs reminding and then ignoring and reporting, the reason I post my COVID updates here instead of in the Gen-OT thread is because I generally tend to focus on the politics of the pandemic--such as DeathSantis courting Trump voters through inane policy while at the same time killing them. And the reason I'm still posting them in this thread as opposed to the Biden thread is because it all started during the TRUMP SHITSHOW and it's largely because of the TRUMP SHITSHOW that the finish line has been moved back another year.

I will also remind any whining, pathetic trolls that complaining about moderation is also against the rules, so maybe just stop breaking rules and then you won't have so many involuntary vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Finally the truth from a liberal poster on this board. Next you'll tell the truth why every post about covid is here instead of the covid thread? nevermind, I know that isn't going to happen. You guys whine incessantly about the mods but they allow hundreds of off topic posts here, most by you and bengual. Not that it matters to you.
    Imagine getting so hard over a potential gotcha you end up getting yourself.

Fucking clown shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally the truth from a liberal poster on this board. Next you'll tell the truth why every post about covid is here instead of the covid thread? nevermind, I know that isn't going to happen. You guys whine incessantly about the mods but they allow hundreds of off topic posts here, most by you and bengual. Not that it matters to you.
    when you edit off over half a post to lie in the process of making a whining "woe is me" post
    just know no one will be fooled, and yes, you're not hallucinating, you can hear everyone's laughter at your failure despite many being hundreds of miles away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    looks like another in the trump org has flipped. COO son gonna testify on grand jury.
    wut?
    link?
    I just like to eat food myself, not have the flavors described.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    when you edit off over half a post to lie in the process of making a whining "woe is me" post
    just know no one will be fooled, and yes, you're not hallucinating, you can hear everyone's laughter at your failure despite many being hundreds of miles away.

- - - Updated - - -

wut?
    link?
    I just like to eat food myself, not have the flavors described.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/trum...rand-jury.html

non paywall to whet the appetite. Think it was a WaPo article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with all the pro-Trump and anti-Vax celebrities getting Covid?

Joe Rogan Announces He Has COVID

Does weed cause side effects with Ivermectin? I'm just asking questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, if you finished his post before dropping this you'd see that he did provide the exact evidence he jokingly said he wasn't going to. It usually helps to finish a post before having a knee-jerk reflex making it clear you didn't finish the post.
    Cue "Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme music for @TexasRules running like a madman for a "gotcha" moment only to have his pants fall down around his ankles and fall face first at full speed because he didn't finish reading the post he quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Whats with all the pro-Trump and anti-Vax celebrities getting Covid?

Joe Rogan Announces He Has COVID

Does weed cause side effects with Ivermectin? I'm just asking questions!
    Shame he has the money for good treatment. Like most of the scumbag anti-vaxxer/lying bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Shame he has the money for good treatment. Like most of the scumbag anti-vaxxer/lying bastards.
    Joe Rogan on his Instagram, taking monoclonal antibodies and ivermectin to cover his bases.

Worth noting: Rogan had basically said that if you’re a healthy person who exercises all the time, you should not worry about Covid. But after he says he tested positive, he threw the “kitchen sink” at the virus. If it’s nothing to worry about, then why do that?

Is this the "White Boy Summer" people were talking about?

Joe Rogan on his Instagram, taking monoclonal antibodies and ivermectin to cover his bases.

Worth noting: Rogan had basically said that if you’re a healthy person who exercises all the time, you should not worry about Covid. But after he says he tested positive, he threw the “kitchen sink” at the virus. If it’s nothing to worry about, then why do that?

Is this the "White Boy Summer" people were talking about?
    It's because he's a lying fucking hypocrite, and is simply pandering to his audience.

He's the new Jordan Peterson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    New? He helped platform Peterson…
    Yeah, Rogan is more the archetype himself.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    If it’s nothing to worry about, then why do that?
    Well, to give him all credit due and some he's not due, he said

If you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you're eating well...like, I don't think you need to worry about this.
    when talking about a 21-year-old, and then later clarified (under metaphorical contractual gunpoint) that he wasn't anti-vaxxing.

I believe they're safe and encourage many people to take them.
    and

I'm not a doctor, I'm not a respected source of information, even for me.
    All of that, within a week. Yep, that's the Powell defense, right there. "Nobody would take me seriously for medical advice! Remember time I made people eat elk scrotum on camera?"

So, basically, this is a time where a Trump cultist is actually not being a hypocrite. Rogan hasn't been a healthy 21-year-old since...well, let's put it this way: when Joe Rogan was 21, none of the current NYJets roster was alive yet. So for him slather aborted stem cells all over is face, or to chug an entire bottle of horse dewormer or whatever other snake oil Trump said was magic potion, isn't technically being a hypocrite. It's just the Fear Factor kicking in.

Course...it begs the question, if he's not an anti-vaxxer like he said, why didn't he take the vaccine?

Also, if he willingly (-ish) self-identifies as a poor source of medical info, why is he taking cow dewormer? He's self-medicating, not following a doctor's orders.

Also also, if he's worried about putting "unknown" things like the tested and verified vaccine into his body, why the fuck is he chugging non-recommended sheep dewormer?

I cannot find an exact quote of Rogan saying he has/has not gotten the vaccine. I would assume, if it was a breakthrough, he would have said something like "see, vaccines don't work".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Cue "Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme music for @TexasRules running like a madman for a "gotcha" moment only to have his pants fall down around his ankles and fall face first at full speed because he didn't finish reading the post he quoted.
    the post he quoted was only 6 lines tall on a 1080p screen
    the only way he didn't know there was more is willful ignorance
    and considering his post history, Id say this was him being dishonest, not ignorant. Or a day ending in "Y"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    if his insurance is one of the ones saying they arent covering the unvaccinated (though Im sure he, like Trump, was first in line to get it, while fleecing the morons paying him by telling them not to get it) then he might not have that money for long if he goes into an ICU.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

how typical a trumper, cherry pic edits a quote while ignoring the context of the full quote.

and yes we complain about the mods, because they let the pigeons go wild, and refuting their bs leads to the odd off thread topic rabbit holes. The Pigeons bs leads to the off topic diversions, you once against ignoring circumstance

I told you we'd see more of this.

A Texas school district is temporarily closing after 2 teachers died from COVID-13 within days of each other
    A Texas school district is temporarily shutting down through the Labor Day weekend after two middle school teachers died from COVID-19 within days of each other.

Connally Independent School District in Waco, Texas, closed its five schools for the rest of the week following the death of Natalia Chansler, 41, on Saturday. The sixth-grade social studies teacher's death came just days after David McCormick, 59, a seventh-grade social studies teacher also died from COVID-19 complications.

Both Chansler and McCormick worked at Connally Junior High School, Assistant Superintendent Jill Bottelberghe said.
    I hate it when I'm right. This is what happens when governors continue to court the ignorant Trump crowd with nonsensical orders to ban safety measures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    A Texas school district is temporarily closing after 2 teachers died from COVID-13 within days of each other
    (deep breath)

Keep it together, Breccia, keep it together...

(long slow exhale)

The first day of Connally Independent school was Aug 18. It's two weeks later, so they were infected almost instantly. Or, and this part's fun, they were already sick before school started, and brought the lethal disease to a building full of non-vaccinated children.

I suspect the former. Or it could be one of each.

There was no mask mandate. Teachers were asked to self-diagnose for symptoms, parents were asked to diagnose their kids. From what we've seen, it seems to me like someone didn't do that. What worries me isn't just that some parent's intentional negligence killed two teachers. What worries me more is they don't even know it's their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I told you we'd see more of this.

I hate it when I'm right. This is what happens when governors continue to court the ignorant Trump crowd with nonsensical orders to ban safety measures.
    Don't worry. The governor will soon sign an executive order banning schools from closing to keep this from happening again.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (deep breath)

Keep it together, Breccia, keep it together...

(long slow exhale)

The first day of Connally Independent school was Aug 18. It's two weeks later, so they were infected almost instantly. Or, and this part's fun, they were already sick before school started, and brought the lethal disease to a building full of non-vaccinated children.

I suspect the former. Or it could be one of each.

There was no mask mandate. Teachers were asked to self-diagnose for symptoms, parents were asked to diagnose their kids. From what we've seen, it seems to me like someone didn't do that. What worries me isn't just that some parent's intentional negligence killed two teachers. What worries me more is they don't even know it's their fault.
    Remember a year ago, some concern troll was arguing that Remote Learning was a plot by Big Tech and Teachers Unions something something Liberal Austerity Conspiracy.
    Other than teachers having genuine concern for their own lives and that of their students.

<Feigned concern voice> I wonder how their first 2 weeks of allegedly teaching went.

Fucking ironic coming from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 conspiracy theory nuts try to use "COVID-13" as evidence that the virus was developed in a lab back in 2013.

Because, you know, Occam's razor and typos don't exist in their "reality".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils