7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Inb4 conspiracy theory nuts try to use "COVID-13" as evidence that the virus was developed in a lab back in 2013.

Because, you know, Occam's razor and typos don't exist in their "reality".
    Fits right along with the current Obama and Fauci made the virus to kill conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 conspiracy theory nuts try to use "COVID-13" as evidence that the virus was developed in a lab back in 2013.

Because, you know, Occam's razor and typos don't exist in their "reality".
    Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure. They already thought that the 19 in COVID-19 meant that it was the 19th COVID virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    SCOTUS effectively ended Roe in Texas today.

A win for Trump and posters who discouraged people for voting for Clinton. BEcause she was a "nasty woman", or because she was a woman.
    In other words, Texas is fully ruled by Yall'qaeda now. Perhaps they'll want to join the new Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan, that the Taliban created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Fits right along with the current Obama and Fauci made the virus to kill conservatives.
    I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that.

"The virus was made in a lab to kill Trump voters!"
    "Oh, Trump voters have a genetic marker?"
    "No, we just don't take science seriously and if there was a lethal pandemic we'd ignore medicine, science, and common sense until it killed us."
    "...that sounds ridiculously easy to prevent. Why not do what many Asian cultures have done recently and wear a mask when there's an infectious outbreak?"
    "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    "Even when...it's engineered to kill you specifically and personally?"
    (thud)
    "SHUT UP!" (snorts hydrocortozone) *thump*

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    In other words, Texas is fully ruled by Yall'qaeda now. Perhaps they'll want to join the new Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan, that the Taliban created.
    Gop were so concerned about women in Afghanistan. I guess they'll support evacuating wonen from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Gop were so concerned about women in Afghanistan. I guess they'll support evacuating wonen from Texas.
    I hope as many women flee Texas as possible. That is, unless Texan women actively enjoy being 3/5th of a citizen compared to anyone in civilized states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prosecutors in the murderous insurrection cases have counted the number of assaults committed during the murderous insurrection.

A thousand.

If that sounds high, it should. But bear in mind 570 people were arrested, so it's really just one or two assautls on federal law enforcement during a treason attempt each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure. They already thought that the 19 in COVID-19 meant that it was the 19th COVID virus.
    I'm not seeing the problem. You're acting like they can't somehow believe both.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing the problem. You're acting like they can't somehow believe both.
    Consider the full belief system of conservatives when it comes to Covid:

It’s simultaneously a hoax that’s also a Democratic plot that was also intentionally created by the Chinese, against which both the dangerous masks and dangerous vaccine are ineffective, that is an overblown problem and example of government overreach and liberal overreaction all while the virus is supposedly being insidiously spread by illegal immigrants.

You want consistency, you aren’t going to get any. It’s whatever allows them to be angry at whatever specific democrat politics they don’t like.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Consider the full belief system of conservatives when it comes to Covid:

It’s simultaneously a hoax that’s also a Democratic plot that was also intentionally created by the Chinese, against which both the dangerous masks and dangerous vaccine are ineffective, that is an overblown problem and example of government overreach and liberal overreaction all while the virus is supposedly being insidiously spread by illegal immigrants.

You want consistency, you aren’t going to get any. It’s whatever allows them to be angry at whatever specific democrat politics they don’t like.
    While all that stuff is believed, its doubtful that a single person would hold to all of those conspiracies simultaneously. They've all grabbed onto a few conspiracies each and sort of allied up with others for now. I mean here in Australia you have this weird mix of far-right freedumbers mixing with alternative lifestyler left-wing hippies in opposition to vaccines and lockdowns. Its a bizarre mix. Like when Hitler and Stain teamed up. (Prior to covid, the main group of anti-vaxxers here were not the right-wingers, but the hippies who congregated together into a region in NSW and as a result childhood vaccination levels there were around 50%, which is worse than most third world countries.)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that.

"The virus was made in a lab to kill Trump voters!"
    "Oh, Trump voters have a genetic marker?"
    "No, we just don't take science seriously and if there was a lethal pandemic we'd ignore medicine, science, and common sense until it killed us."
    "...that sounds ridiculously easy to prevent. Why not do what many Asian cultures have done recently and wear a mask when there's an infectious outbreak?"
    "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"
    "Even when...it's engineered to kill you specifically and personally?"
    (thud)
    "SHUT UP!" (snorts hydrocortozone) *thump*
    I thought the goal was to make it appear that the US had released a bio weapon on chinese soil and thus declared war

Or to give the rest of the world cause to sue the US for .. quite a lot of money in damages

Couple of points to share this morning. Candace the Hitler Defender Owens, hasn't recently been seen in public, she was scheduled to do a couple speaking engagements, but cancelled them for what she claims was a "emergency vacation" to Aspen. Where she wasn't posting anything on her Twitter, claiming that the vacation town in Colorado has poor cell service. The problem is, her team said she had a sudden "illness". What illness? Well, she was at a speaking engagement with Milo Yiannopolous, to which, he has been diagnosed with Covid and is literally injecting Ivermectin, something proven to not work.

Well, yesterday, Candace was denied an appointment at a private covid testing facility. The facility wrote her an email stating they were denying her service because of her anti-vaccination status. https://www.newsweek.com/candace-owe...-aspen-1625289

And then there is this: https://www.tiktok.com/@realryanshea...from_webapp=v1

Yes. It is a Tiktok video, but the video is HILARIOUS. Watching $15 billion fall down, to WIND. @Breccia you might find this funny. It was posted the 25th of August, so it is a week old, but everything that Trump touches, dies. I would be worried about the people that live in his buildings and other places he owns.

- - - Updated - - -

That is on top of the rain that happened in Arizona that destroyed parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Finally the truth from a liberal poster on this board. Next you'll tell the truth why every post about covid is here instead of the covid thread? nevermind, I know that isn't going to happen. You guys whine incessantly about the mods but they allow hundreds of off topic posts here, most by you and bengual. Not that it matters to you.
    Covid happened under Trump, the reason we're still dealing with it is due to his rhetoric and his zealots pushing not to get vaccines or use masks. If you wanted truth you'd actually look at it instead of ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The roe vs wade ruling was bad when it was made. It should have never been up to the supreme court in the first place. That is why most liberals say Republicans want abortion gone, scare tactics.
    So democrats are lying and republicans actually want to make it easier to get an abortion?
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-09-02 at 11:30 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Including Candace Owens, possibly... I'd certainly find it interesting if all the right wing grifters happened to end up killing themselves off literally because of their grift with Ivermectin.
    They'd deserve it.
    Sorry if it sounds harsh, but these Trump mouthpieces that others have listened to, to their detriment and loss of life deserve to get run over by the karma train.

Wednesday's report:

184,420 new cases; 2k more than last Wednesday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 24,030 new cases; 325 deaths
    California: 16,873 new cases; 147 deaths
    Georgia: 9,702 new cases; 130 deaths
    Tennessee: 9,419 new cases; 32 deaths
    North Carolina: 7,248 new cases; 61 deaths
    Ohio: 7,102 new cases; deaths not reported
    South Carolina: 5,347 new cases; 86 deaths
    Illinois: 5,178 new cases; 35 deaths
    Kentucky: 4,931 new cases; 12 deaths

I've pretty much given up trying to figure out what the fuck Florida is doing, to be honest. Their new case numbers often don't jive with their hospitalization numbers and we've already heard about the shenanigans they're pulling with deaths (though the New York Times seems to be ignoring their new system and just reporting as normal--new record for Florida's deaths to kick off the month). In any case they're still doing awful, though it looks as though Texas has eclipsed them at this point both in new cases and deaths. Gosh I can't imagine why both of those states are doing so poorly. Especially with Texas "mastering" the pandemic, as Abbott claimed. Before contracting COVID. California's bumped up a bit more after a week of little movement. Most of the South--and Wyoming--are listed as "severe" risk. South Dakota currently has the worst positivity (23.2%) and highest infection rate (1.29) and are moving up the list of new infections per 100k, from 30's a few days ago to 22 now. Hope the Rally was worth it.

1,480 deaths is slightly higher than last week and brings the total to 659,927. Texas takes the top spot with 325, their highest since early February. Florida was in second with 263 (according to NYT; Florida officially reported 10 with their new system) and California had nearly 150. Georgia narrowly avoided the top 3 with 130 and that will likely be going higher. The national 7-day average is above 1,150 now and climbing. I'm still optimistic we won't pass 2k, but it still won't be pretty.

Related news:

Millions Of People Are Missing From CDC COVID Data As States Fail To Report Cases
    Most states have voluntarily sent up whatever records they have, but a handful have not. Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, West Virginia and Wyoming have each submitted less than one-tenth of their total cases. Another handful of states, including Florida, Michigan and Kentucky, have smaller but still significant gaps in their data, each completely missing over 30% of their known cases.

Over 3 million Texans have had COVID-19, but just 81,000 are in the data set. That's not even 3%.
    Guess it's past time I add "Fuck Texas" to my short list of recurring themes.

Largest study of masks yet details their importance in fighting Covid-19--There is no excuse--zero--for fighting mask mandates. They literally save lives. Wear. Your. Fucking. Mask. Karen.

Pfizer launches later-stage study of pill to treat COVID-19--If successful and proven safe this will...be yet another cheap, effective treatment that the Trump cult will eschew in favor of crackpot snake oil cures, probably.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Couple of points to share this morning. Candace the Hitler Defender Owens, hasn't recently been seen in public, she was scheduled to do a couple speaking engagements, but cancelled them for what she claims was a "emergency vacation" to Aspen. Where she wasn't posting anything on her Twitter, claiming that the vacation town in Colorado has poor cell service. The problem is, her team said she had a sudden "illness". What illness? Well, she was at a speaking engagement with Milo Yiannopolous, to which, he has been diagnosed with Covid and is literally injecting Ivermectin, something proven to not work.

Well, yesterday, Candace was denied an appointment at a private covid testing facility. The facility wrote her an email stating they were denying her service because of her anti-vaccination status. https://www.newsweek.com/candace-owe...-aspen-1625289

And then there is this: https://www.tiktok.com/@realryanshea...from_webapp=v1

Yes. It is a Tiktok video, but the video is HILARIOUS. Watching $15 billion fall down, to WIND. @Breccia you might find this funny. It was posted the 25th of August, so it is a week old, but everything that Trump touches, dies. I would be worried about the people that live in his buildings and other places he owns.

- - - Updated - - -

That is on top of the rain that happened in Arizona that destroyed parts of it.
    Well, to be fair, I don't discount anything getting knocked over by the wind. I've seen full load semis getting knocked over by wind(that is why in high wind and are driving a semi, you pull over and hope it won't knock you over). High wind gusts can pretty much topple most everything.

However, a wall that is built as poorly as that wall is would be knocked over by a gentle breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, to be fair, I don't discount anything getting knocked over by the wind. I've seen full load semis getting knocked over by wind(that is why in high wind and are driving a semi, you pull over and hope it won't knock you over). High wind gusts can pretty much topple most everything.

However, a wall that is built as poorly as that wall is would be knocked over by a gentle breeze.
    Well, some of it he built last year, fell over in 30mph winds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The facility wrote her an email stating they were denying her service because of her anti-vaccination status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sorry if it sounds harsh.
    It isn't harsh, it's consequences for your actions. Especially the bit about it being a private company which cuts down who she can blame.

I do like how Owens is referred to, heh, going down a back alley. There's a very obvious parallel there that I'm going to imply but not actually spell out. Yes, that one.

We only have Owens word on this one, but I really hope it's true. She's publicly referring to someone who worked to exhaustion with unpaid overtime, who is refusing to help someone who made their life even harder, as too unstable to work in medicine. With a straight face.

And of course, the implication that "well then I guess I'll just have to wander around without a mask or a vaccine spreading the COVID I have and it will be her fault". Oh, wait, not implication, she outright said it later.

she was willing to let me wander in her community unvaxxed, untested, and without a means to test
    She also keeps going on and on about how COVID is political without acknowledging that she made it so.

And finally, Aug 25 she posted that she slept next to her COVID-having husband and never caught it. Hmm. I guess she could be lying, which isn't a lot better.

Breccia you might find this funny.
    I found it an appropriate sequel to:

FUCKING YAY. Billions wasted on a fucking wall that fell down because of fucking RAIN. They ignored bedrock environmental laws and now the fucking wall is literally SWISS CHEESE.
    And of course the defense "well it was a hurricane" is expertly countered by "on the Gulf Coast? YOU DON'T SAY" and point to the bedrock issue from last time.

When Trump campaigned and ran on the Wall:

I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I build them very inexpensively.
    Now we know Trump's rabid fanbase has the cowardly cop-out "Well Trump didn't build the Wall" to which there's the obvious response "Well why not? He said he would, and he said he was the best at it" and they still lose. Either way, Trump built a Wall based on incompetence and Bannon's fraud scheme.

Trump is an incompetent, dismal fat failure. Everything he touches, dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I don't discount anything getting knocked over by the wind.
    I get that, and I like your qualifying statements. I do want to point out, for anyone who proves they read half a post then brain themselves face-planting on the pavement in public tripping over their own willful ignorance, that the video shows people just standing there.

Yeah, this was pretty close to "gentle breeze" there.

So this abortion ruling, it isn't really THE END, is it? It's just saying they won't put a stay on it while it winds it's way up to the Supreme Court? From what I read, it sounded like even the conservatives had major misgivings about the whole "anyone can sue" part of the bill. That CAN'T be allowed, can it? If that sort of things spread to other states, for abortions and whatever (guns? drugs?) we'd have chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    It's just saying they won't put a stay on it while it winds it's way up to the Supreme Court?
    Man, your post is plagued by bad luck. SCOTUS just ruled 5-4 that Texas can do this.